EBAY advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanolliCrusader

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok fellow freaks, just need some quick advice. I purchased a "mint" obiwan kenobi PF...well obviously our definitions of mint vary. Well I recieved it yesterday and his top finger had been glued back on...and the piece itself has shown obvious signes of wear which i could have dealt with...but the finger....nope not having it. anyway I send a e-mail to the seller explaining this and this is what he writes back:

Dear capodd,<<<me

"send me your email address and ill send a prepaid label for fedex ground. If you don't like it ill of course take it back but don't open a claim that hurts my chances of becoming a top rated seller. ill refund you in full right after i get it back from you."

- lynnstoys2010

shouldnt i get my money back first or am i just being a hard ass?

Ok fellow freaks, just need some quick advice. I purchased a "mint" obiwan kenobi PF...well obviously our definitions of mint vary. Well I recieved it yesterday and his top finger had been glued back on...and the piece itself has shown obvious signes of wear which i could have dealt with...but the finger....nope not having it. anyway I send a e-mail to the seller explaining this and this is what he writes back:

Dear capodd,<<<me

"send me your email address and ill send a prepaid label for fedex ground. If you don't like it ill of course take it back but don't open a claim that hurts my chances of becoming a top rated seller. ill refund you in full right after i get it back from you."

- lynnstoys2010

shouldnt i get my money back first or am i just being a hard ass?

I believe you have to send it back first to get your money back. Make sure you put signature conformation. That way you have proof that he received the item in case he decides to keep the money and you can open a case. Plus if he is a eBay top seller I'm sure you can trust him more.

ill open case just for lying in description im sure it didnt say finger was glued on

I told him to refund my money immediately and send me shipping label and I will have it send out tommorow morning. The pressure is on him since he lied in the first place...

To protect yourself, you need to open a case.

Just let the seller know that he needs to follow through with his promise to send you a prepaid Fedex shipping label. Be nice, but firm, about this. Hold him to his word.

Keep all his emails, hopefully you've communicated with him through eBay's message system. If you haven't then once you've opened the case communicate with the seller through your open case.

His Top Rated Seller chances will only be hurt if you give him a neg.

I told him to refund my money immediately and send me shipping label and I will have it send out tommorow morning. The pressure is on him since he lied in the first place...

If you paid through Paypal then you'll need to return the item first before Paypal will refund your money.

Paypal will need confirmation of return/receipt.

Yea i have been communicating through ebay...the case will be open tonight if I dont have my refund.

so did he lie to me about losing his top rated seller simply based on me opening a claim?

Yea i have been communicating through ebay...the case will be open tonight if I dont have my refund.

so did he lie to me about losing his top rated seller simply based on me opening a claim?

I don't think he lied...he just hasn't fully read the details for becoming a Top Rated Seller.

What are the requirements?

To become a Top-rated seller you need to:
  • <LI class=bulletSqrItem>Be a member of the PowerSeller program. Learn about PowerSeller requirements and PowerSeller benefits.

<LI class=bulletSqrItem>Have at least 100 transactions and $3,000 in sales during the last 12 months with U.S. buyers.

<LI class=bulletSqrItem>Meet the requirements for detailed seller ratings (DSRs).
    • If you've had more than 400 transactions during the previous 12 months, your percentage of 1 and 2 ratings must be no more than 0.50% for each detailed seller rating for the past 12 months.
    • If you have fewer than 400 transactions in the last 12 months, you can have no more than 2 instances of 1 or 2 ratings to be a Top-rated seller.
      Note: To measure your overall performance accurately, we count 1 and 2 ratings only if they come from 2 or more buyers within any given evaluation period. If you have more than 400 transactions, 3 or more buyers must leave low detailed seller ratings before they are counted.
  • <LI class=bulletSqrItem>Meet the eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal Buyer Protection cases standards:
    • <LI class=unorderedList>For sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months, the case scores are calculated over the last 3 calendar months. For all other sellers, it’s calculated over the last 12 calendar months.
    • Have opened cases on no more than 0.5% of your total number of transactions with U.S. buyers.
    • Have closed cases without seller resolution on no more than 0.3% of your total number of transactions with U.S. buyers.

If he hasn't had a large number of opened cases he should be ok. But that's his problem, not yours.

He needs to resolve his issue with you. He should send the prepaid shipping label ASAP and IMO you should ask him to send one with signature confirmation so he can sign for receipt of item.

wow darth snoopy thanks for the help!

ok an update, seller sent me three more e-mails! its getting wierd.

1)Dear capodd,

wrong since oct 1st they count claims. your refunded so DON'T open a claim.

- lynnstoys2010

2)Dear capodd,

throw the item away ill just file a fedex insurance claim if it is in the condition your stating i have no use for it.

- lynnstoys2010

3)Dear capodd,

close the case i already refunded you before the case was opened. you just screwed my rep. i am hoping if you close it yourself i won't be hurt.

I dont see any finds in my paypal account, how long does it take????

wow darth snoopy thanks for the help!

ok an update, seller sent me three more e-mails! its getting wierd.

1)Dear capodd,

wrong since oct 1st they count claims. your refunded so DON'T open a claim.

- lynnstoys2010

2)Dear capodd,

throw the item away ill just file a fedex insurance claim if it is in the condition your stating i have no use for it.

- lynnstoys2010

3)Dear capodd,

close the case i already refunded you before the case was opened. you just screwed my rep. i am hoping if you close it yourself i won't be hurt.

I dont see any finds in my paypal account, how long does it take????

No problem on the help, bro! :D

The seller is wigging out for no reason. :slap

Sometimes it can take up to a day to get refunded. Leave the claim open until you get you money back.

You can contact eBay Customer Support and ask them about your case. Be sure to have the case number and all auction information available when you talk to someone.

bump. need to know if should leave claim open, still no finds in my account...
Leave it open :lecture

What happens it, when a claim is activated the funds are seized in the sellers paypal account. So he's had his 'assets' frozen so to speak but they don't refund you immediately until they investigate which usually means you returning the items (with tracking) and then they refund you into your paypal account.

Do not close the Claim cos you cannot re-open it !!!

Do not worry about about someone elses rep, just cos he's pleading with you. You need to cover yourself and make sure you get your money back. His reputation is his problem.
Hope this helps

x :peace

Did he refund you? If yes, close the claim. No point in further hurting the guy.

Also, usually on spoiled transactions such as this one, usually the buyer has to eat the return shipping costs. The fact that he was willing to pay for you to ship it back to him says that at least he is trying to be very accommodating if I'm getting the story straight.

What do you mean "still no finds in my PP account?"

Back