earthquake today in the L.A AREA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt it here in San Diego, was pretty strong...
I called my wife at home and she said she could see all my figures shaking, but none of them fell down...they passed the test!! :D

I'm sort of used to earthquakes being from Mexico...not fun at all though...

Got outta there just in time :monkey3
To bad you could have had the complete LA experience:rotfl

It was long but nothing to bad from what I could tell in Ventura area. The people at the office I was at all ran out and I just sat there working:lol But then I dont even move for a quake more then 5.0 locally. I figure a few 12" figures took a dive but that about it. I will see when I get back later this week

I 'member those quakes in mexico when i was growing up with my grandparents, let me tell you that northdrige(sorry for the miss spelling) was nothing compared to the ones down there.:horror:horror

I 'member those quakes in mexico when i was growing up with my grandparents, let me tell you that northdrige(sorry for the miss spelling) was nothing compared to the ones down there.:horror:horror

Yeah no kidding, when the 1985 earthquake happened, I was so scared to go to sleep after seeing half of Mexico city in rubble... mother nature rules the world after all...

Ha! Thanks tom!

funny-graphs-knowing-half-battle.gif

:lol :lol :lol :lol

"And knowing is half the battle"
gijoe.jpg

Yeah we felt it pretty good...it's funny cause I just got my Aragorn PF the day before, so he experienced his first Quake..lol....I remember hearing the rumble then I knew what was coming and as soon as the shaking started I ran over and held on to my Gandalf and Aragorn PF's...lol...Being a new collecter these are my first two Sideshow peices so I was holding on to them just in case it got stronger...By the the way to my fellow Californians....Being a new collecter, how do you guys protect your collections from falling over during a quake? If there is a way..any tips?...I don't have mine in a cabinet, just sitting on top of my entertainment center...

Last edited:
I was in an elevator. I thought something was wrong with the elevator.

At home I had a speaker fall over, but nothing else - pretty lucky!

Back