Earthquake on the East Coast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I thought I was losing my mind. The desk was shaking, the computer was shaking and then it just stopped after about a minute. I thought I was tripping because that stuff doesn't happen here.

Then we had to evacuate the building, now I see it's all over the east coast.

Good times!

HAHAHAHA....now you guys know what it feels like :lol

When we get earthquakes here, we're all so used to them, nobody even moves, we just keep on doing what we're doing :lol

I have moved for one ever. That was landers big bear quake. Those were almost a 7 I think or may have been over.

2 casualties in the earthquake but nothing serious...my 1/6 Maul and Rebel trooper took a bit of a fall but nothing broken. Most of my LOTR helms were displaced a bit but none of them fell off.

Eric, I was at the Costco off 28 when it happened. Was by the frozen food section, things got noisy and shook a little but I didn't think it was an earthquake.

I was taking a break from work and when I got back everyone was like "where were you?". Apparently my office was evacuated and they did a head count and I was missing.

Eric, I was at the Costco off 28 when it happened. Was by the frozen food section, things got noisy and shook a little but I didn't think it was an earthquake.

I was taking a break from work and when I got back everyone was like "where were you?". Apparently my office was evacuated and they did a head count and I was missing.

It was freaky...our building shook and it took me a good 10 secs to realize that it was an earthquake and not blasting/construction. Legs still feel a bit wobbly.

Crap, just got a call from the GF who told me that some of my statues fell from shelves...hope no polystone is broken...

Picture of Earthquake in New York City:

Sb6YU.jpg

Well, it'll be hell getting home here in DC. The subway's pretty much stopped and all the major roads are completely at a standstill. Happy hour it is, then...

Well that was a semi odd scary event, truth be told i'm more worried about the hurricane heading our way then the quake or aftershocks.

Whew. It looks like the falling "statues" were limited to my Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI and Berserker Predator. She at least knew who Iron man was from the movies, but kept on calling Berserker Predator "that ugly monster guy".

Had her send me a pic from her iPhone.

2qmkobr.jpg

Looks fine, nothing that can't be fixed. Berserker was kind of askew on the stand but that's it.

It's a little curious, I have plenty of polystone maquettes and PFs on shelving that didn't fall. I have the Mark VI clamped onto the base on top of a display box on the floor that I was using for temporary display.

Well that was a semi odd scary event, truth be told i'm more worried about the hurricane heading our way then the quake or aftershocks.

That damn hurricane is threatening my weeklong getaway to the Outer Banks next week. :mad:

At least I bought trip insurance, but we booked this back in January and I have been slammed with work all year. I was looking forward to getting away.

That damn hurricane is threatening my weeklong getaway to the Outer Banks next week. :mad:

At least I bought trip insurance, but we booked this back in January and I have been slammed with work all year. I was looking forward to getting away.

Ouch!!! Sorry to say but OBX is gonna be shutdown(mandatory evac) starting probably Friday night.

Weird stuff. Colorado last night had their worst earthquake in 40 years. It also was only in the 5s, but this not supposed to be happening. Wonder if its relateed to the rotation of the earth wobble or whatever is supposed to be happening right now.

Whew. It looks like the falling "statues" were limited to my Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI and Berserker Predator. She at least knew who Iron man was from the movies, but kept on calling Berserker Predator "that ugly monster guy".

Had her send me a pic from her iPhone.

2qmkobr.jpg

Looks fine, nothing that can't be fixed. Berserker was kind of askew on the stand but that's it.

It's a little curious, I have plenty of polystone maquettes and PFs on shelving that didn't fall. I have the Mark VI clamped onto the base on top of a display box on the floor that I was using for temporary display.

glad to see your damage wasn't too bad. I think the poly is too heavy to move by itself, none of mine moved an inch. the 1/6 though are light enough to be tossed around.

Weird stuff. Colorado last night had their worst earthquake in 40 years. It also was only in the 5s, but this not supposed to be happening. Wonder if its relateed to the rotation of the earth wobble or whatever is supposed to be happening right now.

2012 . . . :panic::panic::panic::lol:lol:lol

Next it will be solar flares, which will become more prominent in the next two years. Be prepared!

Back