Eaglemoss 1/8th Scale Build The DeLorean Partwork Magazine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently subscribed to the Eaglemoss build the DeLorean. Since it just started for the US does that mean they start shipping with the first issue and do you get any kind of order status on when they ship the parts to you or do you just have to unexpectedly wait for a part to come to you? I find it kind of odd that you can't check the status on your parts and when they get shipped to you. For what you are paying you should at least get some kind of tracking when they ship out a new part to you.

I've been wondering about this as well.

No tracking at all. It seems that roughly 10 days after payment is taken it turns up. I was getting a dispatch email that stated the issues should be with you in 5 to 10 days, then 2 days later, the parts arrived. For some reason, those emails have stopped.

I dont know how the US will work, however, i know that US subscribers have already started getting their issues.

Unless you stated otherwise, your subscription should start from issue 1.

Thanks, sirdoctor. Weird that they stopped sending out dispatch emails. Seems like it's the least they could do if they're not going to provide a way for subscribers to check on the status of their subscription.

I just got a shipment confirmation for the my first couple of issues. We'll see if they continue to send these out throughout the subscription. Glad to have at least received an initial confirmation though.

Got my first 2 issues in the mail. I can already tell this is going to be super expensive, but very much worth it. I hope they continue me with issue 3.

I received the first 2 issues as well. Really excited to start the process. However, it later dawned on me that the car won't be complete for nearly 2 years.... :crying

130 issues at 12.85 an issue. So $1670.50 At that price you could have almost bought 3 Hot Toys Deloreans.

But you wouldn't have made them. It is very expensive, but I'm paying for the enjoyment of putting it together, much as I might pay that for a couple of coffee's a week, but have nothing to show for it, only the pleasure at the time of drinking it. I do understand it's not for everyone though at this price.

The hot toys version comes up short on many factors. Its missing a LOT of detailing and light up features. Its all plastic. Its also bloody massive and is only one version of the car. The eagle moss is a size which can be worked with without dedicating an entire room to it. Made of metal. You can also make three versions of the car, reactor, mr fusion, flight mode and there was talk of the BTTF 3 version too. You also have the enjoyment and interest of building it up over time which adds so much more to it.

As ive stated elsewhere in this thread, this partworks version will make the hot toys one look like a babies toy. The HT one is nice, but god did they cheap out on it. The EM one will be the greatest model out there, highly detailed, highly accurate, diecast and with a whole host of lights too. Yes the price is high but what partwork series isnt. In the uk its £35 a month. I know people who spend 2 or 3 times more on cigarettes or spend £5 a day at the sandwich van that rolls around work at lunch time. How many people in the 1/6th community spend a grand or 2 on just a headsculpt? Each to their own and all that, but i feel you get more for your buck with this model.

The Em one will have:
Diecast body and parts,
A replica engine which is highly detailed,
A ton of lights (headlights, sidelights, door lights, trunk light, back lights, brake lights that come on when you press the brake pedal, flux bands, time circuits, flux capacitor, interior dials, various back panel bits and dash instrument cluster plus light up reactor),
Goodyear tyres,
Open/close windows,
Parts to convert to parts 1,2 and 3 (part 3 still not sure on),
Folding wheels (not a fan of how these look myself).

Its gonna be a beast

Have to agree with the past few posts. I know the EM model will be really expensive, but you're getting so much more in the end IMO.

I'm not complaining about the cost haha I am building it after all. I just need room for it is all. My collection is already exceeding the space.
B0TFBWz.jpg

As ive stated elsewhere in this thread, this partworks version will make the hot toys one look like a babies toy. The HT one is nice, but god did they cheap out on it. The EM one will be the greatest model out there, highly detailed, highly accurate, diecast and with a whole host of lights too. Yes the price is high but what partwork series isnt. In the uk its £35 a month. I know people who spend 2 or 3 times more on cigarettes or spend £5 a day at the sandwich van that rolls around work at lunch time. How many people in the 1/6th community spend a grand or 2 on just a headsculpt? Each to their own and all that, but i feel you get more for your buck with this model.

The Em one will have:
Diecast body and parts,
A ton of lights (headlights, sidelights, door lights, trunk light, back lights, brake lights that come on when you press the brake pedal, flux bands, time circuits, flux capacitor, interior dials, various back panel bits and dash instrument cluster plus light up reactor),
Goodyear tyres,
Open/close windows,

Its gonna be a beast

Thanks for the info. I had no idea this was going to be that nice.

1.jpg
2.jpg

This will also be released at the end of the 130 issue run. Each cannister is removable as is each plutonium rod too

IMG_9602_f-1024x683.jpg

So the car is wearing one of those old timey baby caps? It's called a hood, damnit! :p

Loving the inclusion of that plutonium case, btw.

The Em one will have:
Diecast body and parts,
Goodyear tyres,
Open/close windows,

Its gonna be a beast
I hope they make the third option. I'm having custom train wheels printed up. I just hope they release the time circuits on the hood than I won't have to make that custom.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

So no one has completed theirs right cause it takes two years to build? Is Eagle Moss a big company? It would be terrible they go under halfway through build? Also...is it just a screwdriver needed? I just found out about this so it's all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back