Eagle vs. Fell Beast Edition SIze...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, how big from the pic? Is it CT SIZE!! I wish...is more of the weta version of the fellbeast in size? I don't see how they can do "floating" poly, and it have alot of weight.

I think they made the same design as in the Kong last stand from weta the wings of the eagle could be really light and put weight in the beak.

I tend to agree with some posters on this. The edition size will be around 1000...say 750-1250...any more or less and the uproar would begin. I still think 1500 for the Hobbits was way to many...1000 each would have been better. For a 12-Inch Armored Figure like Elendir/Isildur/Gondor Knight...maype 1500 would be better.

I also agree with the price point a couple folks pointed out: roughly $350. If it IS indeed 16" around...it will have to be around the $300 price point. The Helm's Deep Dio is $300 already and it doesn't have NEAR the detail that this piece will have.

Geb

The hobbits were 1500 each for just the exclusive versions. Who knows how many will be in the regular editions.

I disagree regarding detailing. The Helms Deep piece has 3 detailed figures plus the environment of the Keep itself, (the ladder, walls, etc.) This piece has 2 fairly easier to sculpt characters and a rock cliff.

If the price is $350 and the ES is larger than 500, I'm out.

Lower the price significantly at the expense of slightly increasing the ES and I'm back in.

The hobbits were 1500 each for just the exclusive versions. Who knows how many will be in the regular editions.

I disagree regarding detailing. The Helms Deep piece has 3 detailed figures plus the environment of the Keep itself, (the ladder, walls, etc.) This piece has 2 fairly easier to sculpt characters and a rock cliff.

Lower the price significantly at the expense of slightly increasing the ES and I'm back in.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Just curious...How can you be IN, when you haven't even seen it yet?

The price will be a factor way more than the ES. I don't buy my collectibles based on ES. So if it's $350 or so I'll probably be out depending on when its due to be released.

:monkey3I see the edition size for the Eagle vs. Fell Beast @ 500 pieces with a price of $499. I feel like this thing will be detailed and huge. I can't wait to see it in person.:D

The price will be a factor way more than the ES. I don't buy my collectibles based on ES.

Me too, I just buy what I like, don't really care if its 5 or 5000 made.
If its a great representation of the character I love then thats all that counts to me.

Does anyone know when we are due to get more info on this piece?.
x

Me too, I just buy what I like, don't really care if its 5 or 5000 made.
If its a great representation of the character I love then thats all that counts to me.

Does anyone know when we are due to get more info on this piece?.
x

I'm with ya Ad. I'm with ya. :duff

:monkey3I see the edition size for the Eagle vs. Fell Beast @ 500 pieces with a price of $499. I feel like this thing will be detailed and huge. I can't wait to see it in person.:D

I think you might be over estimating the price and under estimating the ES. My predictions : $299-$349 tops and an ES of 750-1000. And I'm IN, no matter what price and ES they set. :D

I buy what I like as well. But, let's face it. A collectible with a lower edition size has more collectibility then one with a large one. Besides, I don't like paying full retail for a piece with a large edition size, when it'll turn up later on, on eBay or whatever for considerably less.

So, yes, I buy what I like. But, I do like a modest edition size. Nothing really small and nothing ridiculously high. And, I'm happy.

500 - 750 on the Eagle VS FB is just about right. With a retail price of preferably under $300.

:D

Back