Eagle vs. Fell Beast Edition SIze...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy what I like as well. But, let's face it. A collectible with a lower edition size has more collectibility then one with a large one. Besides, I don't like paying full retail for a piece with a large edition size, when it'll turn up later on, on eBay or whatever for considerably less.

I don't buy my collectibles for the collectibility either. I buy it because I like it. If it has a "collectibility" factor to it then thats fine. Honestly, there are pieces like the SW VCD figures or Galactic Heroes that I buy that I think a lot of peple would say don't have the collectibility, but I get them anyways. Most items now a days go down. There are fewer items that go straight up in price than when the SSW statues where king. I buy it when it goes up and if it goes down it sucks but I'm buying mine now and whatever happens/happens.

I know just what you mean, Josh, and to a large extent, I agree with you, at least as far as the lower-end stuff (< $100) goes. I have the same love of the SW VCDs as you, and I know that almost none of them are worth (financially) what I paid for them, but I don't really care, because they are just so cool.

But when I am laying down a large chunk of change for a high end collectible, everything changes. I have a really tough time just saying "oh well" when I see something that I paid $300 for selling on eBay for $175 justa few months later. Does it make the piece any less amazing? No, it doesn't. But there is still a small voice in the back of my mind, every time I look at it, that reminds me that I could have had that piece AND another one, if only I had exercised a little more patience. And, to be honest, sometimes that really takes the fun out of it for me.

That's why I am always so adamant that I want to know that my pieces will hold their value. It isn't because I plan to use them as some kind of retirement fund, but because I don't like the constant reminder that my own impatience keeps me from enjoying more of the things I would like to have.

I understand. I want my items to hold their value as well but I won't let it if they go down take the fun out. If I do that then I'll stop. Collecting is my stress relief and a chance to get away. If that makes sense. :confused:

I understand. I want my items to hold their value as well but I won't let it if they go down take the fun out. If I do that then I'll stop. Collecting is my stress relief and a chance to get away. If that makes sense. :confused:

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Where are the pics for this?

Edit: Thanks Ringer.

Question: Anybody going to limit ordering from SSC only due to what appears to be a fragile statue and no-hassle return vs. a cheaper third party dealers?

Last edited:
Where are the pics for this?

IMG_9759.jpg

Is that green thing a ringwraith, or just some grass/plant? If they were going to use the eagles as a dio, they should have done it with them rescueing Sam and Frodo off of Mt.Doom. Or Frodo and gandalf as rider.

Back