Media EA UFC 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermetroid

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread...

Looks like Tyson is in, as predicted.

Like a lot of others, I hated the rock em sock em first EA UFC and hope they make another Fight Night next. Tyson could be fun to use, but I really miss FN. I put so many hours into FNC online, it was a great competitive game that I've missed.

Just a smack in the face to the Fight Night fans. Why EA chooses to make a game with a bunch of no name fighters that look like tattoos artists wearing speedos tussling all over the floor, when they have the license, of 2 of the worlds greatest sports figures, and a bunch more legendary fighters from all over the world is beyond me. Hopefully this does terrible and they go back to fight night, or hopefully 2K sees this as an opportunity to get into the fighting genre and start making boxing games. I'll take a boxing game from them over EA any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a smack in the face to the Fight Night fans. Why EA chooses to make a game with a bunch of no name fighters that look like tattoos artists wearing speedos tussling all over the floor, when they have the license, of 2 of the worlds greatest sports figures, and a bunch more legendary fighters from all over the world is beyond me. Hopefully this does terrible and they go back to fight night, or hopefully 2K sees this as an opportunity to get into the fighting genre and start making boxing games. I'll take a boxing game from them over EA any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Couldnt have put it better myself. I really dont think we will see one in a while now.

I enjoy both sports but understand why people don't lol. While the new version looks improved, I just don't think MMA games can really be fun and competitive with all the different mechanics going on. And FNC did have a ton of spammers(steppercutting runners were my kryptonite lol) but I found that 9/10 online fights in EA UFC were spam fests with either takedown robots(I hated losing to someone that landed 3 of 30 takedowns lol) or button mashing morons(300+ strikes in 3 rounds without getting tired at all).

I think more people play FNC still than EA UFC online.

I think a new FN would do well. Look at how many of the comments in the video are about asking EA to make a new Fight Night lol.

Edit: I think licensing boxers is the biggest hurdle. Like Mayweather and how he hasn't been in the games despite being the biggest draw in boxing is pretty crazy. It's easier when Dana pretty much owns the fighters lol

I enjoy both sports but understand why people don't lol. While the new version looks improved, I just don't think MMA games can really be fun and competitive with all the different mechanics going on. And FNC did have a ton of spammers(steppercutting runners were my kryptonite lol) but I found that 9/10 online fights in EA UFC were spam fests with either takedown robots(I hated losing to someone that landed 3 of 30 takedowns lol) or button mashing morons(300+ strikes in 3 rounds without getting tired at all).

I think more people play FNC still than EA UFC online.

That was just me venting :lol

I'm not a fan of MMA but I have no problem with anyone that enjoys the sport, but like you said, MMA just doesn't translate well into video games. The whole grappling and ground game mechanics are just impossible to make work, and be fun in a game. A boxing game is a lot more accessible to the casual crowd. And the roster would certainly be a lot better than MMA. At the very least, EA should have stuck to their original plan and release each game every other year so that everybody wins.

I think a new FN would do well. Look at how many of the comments in the video are about asking EA to make a new Fight Night lol.

Edit: I think licensing boxers is the biggest hurdle. Like Mayweather and how he hasn't been in the games despite being the biggest draw in boxing is pretty crazy. It's easier when Dana pretty much owns the fighters lol

That's true, making a UFC game definitely makes it easier to show off the presentation side of the game. All the fighters announcers, venues etc... Would all be apart of the contract, opposed to EA going after every fighter, venue, and announcer individually in a Fight Night game.

Last edited:

I'm not a fan of MMA but I have no problem with anyone that enjoys the sport, but like you said, MMA just doesn't translate well into video games. The whole grappling and ground game mechanics are just impossible to make work, and be fun in a game. A boxing game is a lot more accessible to the casual crowd. And the roster would certainly be a lot better than MMA. At the very least, EA should have stuck to their original plan and release each game every other year so that everybody wins.

That's true, making a UFC game definitely makes it easier to show off the presentation side of the game. All the fighters announcements, venues etc... Would all be apart of the contract, opposed to EA going after every fighter, venue, and announcer individually in a Fight Night game.

Yeah, I'm disappointed too lol. And I agree it should be every other game, would make a lot more sense to keep things fresh. I might pick this up just to KO fools with Tyson, I know that's being hypocritical lol. At least they added head movement like FN, I just wish there was a way to use the right stick for punches although I know it'd be impossible with all the grappling and ground BS(yeah I hate that too in the game haha).

That's true, making a UFC game definitely makes it easier to show off the presentation side of the game. All the fighters announcers, venues etc... Would all be apart of the contract, opposed to EA going after every fighter, venue, and announcer individually in a Fight Night game.

I kind of agree but I never played EA's UFC game, I played the hell out of the one before EA did UFC, I believe it was UFC undisputed, and I freaking loved that game. The thing that I did like was that if you didn't want to grapple, you didn't have to, you could build a striker and keep the fight standing up, I thought it was a blast.

The biggest gripe for me and many others of the first EA UFC were the exploits that let players hold you down(or in clinch for that matter) with almost no chance to get up. I remember reading the forums for tips and saw that even when the best players played against each other it would take minutes to escape from bottom position. Just way too many exploits and bugs ruined that game, hopefully this one will be different.

The biggest gripe for me and many others of the first EA UFC were the exploits that let players hold you down(or in clinch for that matter) with almost no chance to get up. I remember reading the forums for tips and saw that even when the best players played against each other it would take minutes to escape from bottom position. Just way too many exploits and bugs ruined that game, hopefully this one will be different.

Spoiler.
It won't be.

Twitch

Here's some gameplay from Rampage Jackson who got early access to the beta. Honestly, the game looks really disappointing to me but that's probably just because I really only enjoy the striking. And the striking looks exactly the same as the first game besides the head movement. Looks like they put all the resources into the ground game and KO animations. Every fighter fights the same way, it was great playing FNC with all the different styles and so much more like moving while striking whereas it still looks very limited in EA UFC 2.

Back