E3 2012 - June 4-7 - General info and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to hear some more about MGS:R. I love the ____ that Platinum Games has put out so far.

Also looking forward to Nintendo's conference. Not the biggest Nintendo fan by any means, but it's always exciting to see a new console fully revealed.

I've really enjoyed this generation of consoles. Probably my favorite of all time once you take nostalgia out of it. But, I'm ready for the next gen. I'm hoping we'll get some info from Sony and MS about their new hardware. Obviously, N will have a bunch of info about the WiiU and that could be intriguing but I'm more than ready for the PS4 and 720 or..whatever they'll end up calling them.

Don't get me wrong..more games is always good and I'll be watching the new stuff for that too, but I hope we'll finally get some real details about the what's coming next.

As usual I'm preparing to watch all the 3 main conferences live and then focus on Gamespot's Stage Demos as well as cinematic trailers throughout the day.

Bittersweet though cause last year I got to with my company last year and had a blast but I've been let go since.

Thanks for making the thread. There are few games that I'm really interested in but I'm dying to see if the WiiU is still a piece of ____. :p

Only really interested in Microsoft E3 conference and even that I don't hold much hope for. The only thing I want from Sony is The Last Guardian but I have pretty much given up on it:(

I expect EA to have some Mass Effect announcement, either new DLC or a standalone game/arcade game.

Other than that, I want some demoooos, I think a few years ago we had 2 or 3 demos go up at same time as E3....since then nothing, last year was terrible iirc.

Hopefully they can get someone else to announce the stuff at the Microsoft conference. The head guy they've been using for the last few years is the worst public speaker I've ever heard. You contrast that with Tretton from Sony who does a really great job.

Hopefully they can get someone else to announce the stuff at the Microsoft conference. The head guy they've been using for the last few years is the worst public speaker I've ever heard. You contrast that with Tretton from Sony who does a really great job.

Indeed, Sony have good talkers at their shows but I rarely get excited by Sony nowadays, I am sure some GT6 details would be nice.

I guess we should expect the usual Nintendo "HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE GODS OF VIDEO GAMING CONFERENCE, WE SOLD SO MANY HANDHELDS LAST YEAR COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE, MUAAHAHAA".

Im looking forward to the wii u if it really impress me and shows true next gen graphics than I might just consider preordering one.

Sounds like we will get some news on the next gears game next week. At least that was my impression via twitter game informer is going to have quiet a bit of news on it.

Sounds like we will get some news on the next gears game next week. At least that was my impression via twitter game informer is going to have quiet a bit of news on it.

I hope its not a prequeal and I hope whatever it is there doing its for the next xbox.

If they're announcing it this year then it'll be out next year and that'll be before a new Xbox console. Sony and Microsoft don't need to release a new console yet. All indications are that Wii U will be only minimally more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PS3 so they multiplatform games won't have a problem supporting all 3. They still have a couple years I think.

Well, it sounds like a prequel which IMO would be cool and it will be for the 360.

Its def going to be a prequeal saw cover art from gameinformer and its kind of blacked out but you see someone wearing shackels and it looks like marcus fenix getting ready to get locked up.

Yeah, probably going to deal with breaking him out. I need to read the slab to get more info but this game should be cool as hell.

Okay, here's a simplified list of currently available sites offering streams for viewing E3 and its conferences. Of course, you can also catch on tv via Spike TV or G4TV.

• Microsoft'slive stream will take place on Monday, June 4th, at 9:30 AM PST. You'll be able to catch it over Xbox Live, on Spike TV, The Xbox Facebook Page, or on Gametrailers TV or from Xbox.com.
  • Ubisoft'slive stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 3:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their uplay website.
  • Sony's live stream is going to take place on Monday, June 4th, at 6:00 PM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.
  • Nintendo'slive stream is going to take place on Tuesday, June 5th, at 9 AM PST. You can catch the stream on their website.

Beyond the developer event's you'll be able to watch live streams of various things at E3 on the following websites. Some of these sites may consistently live stream while others may only do it for select things.

• E3's Youtube Channel This one comes most recommended by me.
  • G4TV
  • twitch.tv
  • Uplay A stream of select Ubisoft titles at various times during E3
  • IGN As a bonus, IGN will also be live streaming through their Xbox Live App.
  • Game Trailers TV This is likely to be a constant stream as this is E3's biggest streaming partner.
  • E3 Insider Suggested by VRTX Raptor.

Also, signs and posters are being put up around the L.A. Convention Center now:

Elder Scrolls again on Figueroa building

Updated
ixQesgw2jktni.jpg

ijP9ztB1dSvKI.jpg

ibwXVCvpL7tpfY.jpg

Don't forget tonight there's supposed to be some early ex trailer footage on gttv on spike. Imma gonna have to record.

That one poster for sleeping dogs looks like a mondo print, heh.

Back