1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

The wrinkles should have been deeper or it's just lighting, I'll have mine tomorrow so I'll see for myself.

Great pics dsokyra! Looking forward to opening mine in the morning when I get off work.

A couple more with different lighting...sorry for the blurriness...camera phone :wink1:

IMAG1522.jpg

IMAG1523.jpg

2012-11-12_22-40-35_HDR.jpg

After a night of sleeping on it, and with fresh eyes this morning I still say the mms is the better figure. Happy for you that like your DX, but you must see something I can't!

After a night of sleeping on it, and with fresh eyes this morning I still say the mms is the better figure. Happy for you that like your DX, but you must see something I can't!

And I still think think the MMS looks like a caricature of Arnold. Agree to disagree. As long as everyone is happy with the Arnie they have :1-1:

maybe there are two different heads - paint & finish differs? like it was with "classic predator".
some are dead, orange and thus ugly. others are better painted, with normal skin tone, and look alive.
?

I have the mms and I will only buy the new head. I just have the feeling that the new sculpt in person is more appealing, especially with the glasses on.

I'm a little disappointed with HT's revisiting of the T2. I definitely think that the HS is lacking in likeness. At first, I thought it was just the PERS playing tricks again, but after messing around in Photoshop with this picture, I definitely think there's more to it than just that.
AhnuldDX10_Revised.jpg

DX 10 on the left, revised version on the right.

Overall, I think the HS is lacking age/wrinkles, the hairline is too low, the brows are super round and bushy, and the overall hair does not stick out far enough. Say what you want about my PS revision :p but it really shows how googly eyed the DX10 is, quite possibly even worse than the DX12.

Overall, it took me way too long to get to my revised Photoshop version (which admittedly looks more like Arnold in T3; and still the resemblance is off...), but that just goes to show that there's a lot of room for improvement.

Last edited:

A few pics I took with my phone...I guess I'm in the minority of those who thinks this guy looks awesome in hand...I think the sculpt is great :dunno

Don't worry about it. Most of the ones that aren't liking it are the ones that don't have it in hand yet.

Probably looks alittle off cause its a ****ing 1/6 scale collectible figure, and not actually Arnold himself.

I don't think it can get much better at this point...

WRONG ## Commando ##

There are plenty sculpts out there at superb accuracy. Hot Toys can do it when they want.

When I look at my CR Superman it looks like a shrunken version of him, not a shrunken toy version of him.

When you raise the bar you have to keep it up, hence why people get picky. DX figures especially should be the top dog.

Still a good piece but not jaw dropping.

I dunno guys. Dying for a good Terminator to own, but no matter how much I look at it, something is off.
I mean, I look at the two pics below, compare mouth, hairline, jaw, har - Separately all match, but when I look at the whole face, real first, then the DX, he looks off. Like if that's how he would look if he was not Austrian, but say Cuban, or Puerto Rican...
Here, you try, first the real, than the DX:

T2_1_lg.jpg

AhnuldDX10%20038-L.jpg

I think it has a great likeness to the actor in this photo but it still looks slightly too young, It' more 1980's around the Conan destroyer age not 1990's.

AhnuldDX10%20038-L.jpg
Conan_the_Destroyer_32920_Medium.jpg

True Lies 1994
true-lies.png
multiplepics_t2cyberdyne_01.jpg
T2_1_lg.jpg

The MMS gets the sunken face and wrinkles better, but over does it a little.

Both are great sculpts I think it's down to personal preference on this one, I don't agree with anybody who says either sculpt is a fail.

Both are great sculpts I think it's down to personal preference on this one, I don't agree with anybody who says either sculpt is a fail.

Good post. I think the MMS still has a great likeness to Arnold. My biggest problem with it more than anything is the squarenss of it. I think the DX is better but I can see why people may still love or even prefer the MMS.

After messing about with it last nite ,i gotta say im pretty impressed with this release,granted i missed out on the MMS, so picking this up was a no brainer for me.

Hmm, gotta admit the coomodel does look a little better. Only by a margin though. Much like the two sculpts it's about preference.

New one looks much better in these recent pics. Looks too clean though. I'll be doing some weathering on him for sure.

550191_385000724907800_1910963175_n.jpg

The Coomodel looks quite superior

superior, but still not accurate to the movie. Look back at it, and the movie doesn't have that much weathering apart from the barrel tip area.

AhnuldDX10_Revised.jpg

Nice photo shop work, if you get rid of the redness under the eyes it would look nearly perfect. I love the new dx and think is a great likeness to arnie, better likeness than the mms, but the pers did'nt help the sculpt, the pic on the left does not look great but it does look better than that in hand but the hair line is ever so slightly to low as you meantioned.

I'm a little disappointed with HT's revisiting of the T2. I definitely think that the HS is lacking in likeness. At first, I thought it was just the PERS playing tricks again, but after messing around in Photoshop with this picture, I definitely think there's more to it than just that.
AhnuldDX10_Revised.jpg

Overall, I think the HS is lacking age/wrinkles, the hairline is too low, the brows are super round and bushy, and the overall hair does not stick out far enough. Say what you want about my PS revision :p but it really shows how googly eyed the DX10 is, quite possibly even worse than the DX12.

Overall, it took me way too long to get to my revised Photoshop version .
:exactly::goodpost:
the arnold on the right is almost perfect (skin color :monkey4)

Back