1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Rorywan, just deny the package from the UPS man then. Because you are going to do nothing but whine over this action figure.

To me this figure ****s all over the MMS, which was a highly reguarded figure.

I'm not mate, but neither am I gonna put on rose-tinted spectacles just because I forked out $200 for it.

DSC_1834.jpg

Very nice, EF! :clap Congrats on getting this within a day of OMG!

The neck does look a bit thick but that seems to be an issue with both versions.

Now put this on your rickety shelf and open Luke.

I love how the MMS 117 is being criticized as if it's the original crappy Sideshow version or the hideous Diamond Select 1/4 figure now that the new, big bad DX 10 is out. "Toad", "laughable", "sucks". :lol Also funny how any valid criticisms against this thing is meant with, "STILL BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL, AN IMPROVEMENT!"

Ahhh, obsoletism. Same garbage is happening with DX 12 Batman which a goofy looking toy with the eyes, long forearms/elbows and ridiculous faceplates. Yeah, it's better than the DX 02 but only slightly. It's also about $100 more. But nah, NEW, NEW, NEW!

When the MMS 117 spec/pics first came out, I was impressed but I thought the sculpt could have been better. I remember posting things like "the head looks squashed", "he looks to rough and strung out like he's buzzed", "too old", "looks like a neanderthal" and I remember some folks jumping on my case and saying I was crazy. Once I got it for myself though, all those problems, while still there, diminished. It's a great figure whether it's standing still with the 1887s in hand, riding a fatboy, decked out in Cyberdyne gear or confronting T-1000.

Nobody puts things in perspective here, nobody. Yeah, this one has a better Arnold likeness (albeit soft and derped in most shots because ot the eyes), better clothes (now that it's leather especially) and new gear . . . but it should. It's 2012 now. The original MMS 117 came out almost 4 years ago, probably developed 5 years ago, this ****ing thing should be better.

The thing is, is this DX 10 that much better? Not really. We all notice the improvements but the criticism comes from the price, what it could and should be and the amount of years between the releases. Alright, the head looks better, it has newly developed elbows and it has some leather but it's still pretty much the same figure. You got the crappy PERS feature that kills most headsculpts (and if it doesn't, there's no argument against the notion that regular painted eyes are superior, they are), half of the figures head comes apart, it's more prone to damage and QC issues, etc. etc.

This bastard also costs more. This isn't a jump in quality like the V1 Joker from 2008 to the upcoming DX 11 Joker coming next year. It's practically a rerelease with gimmicks (HEY, WE USED REAL LEATHER, MIMICKED ENTERBAY'S HEAD, THREW IN A TRON BASE AND GAVE HIM PERS) to entice more people and give those that missed out on the MMS a chance at a T2 Uncle Bob.

Can't wait to see people ripping on this one (probably the same freaks too) when the next T2 regular Arnold comes out, then the one after that, then the one after that. Never fails.

the new sculpt looks better, people are ****ting on the old MMS117 because it looks like ****, always has, the DX sculpt doesnt look amazing but the reason people are defending it so strongly is because ignorant people are saying the MMS117 looks more like arnold, which is borderline insanity, and also when ur comparing **** (MMS117) vs decent (DX), thats a big jump, this is a hobby of subtlety, and if something is subtly better, thats actually a huge jump, especially when the original one didnt look like the actor at all it looked like a caricature of the character, the new sculpt actually looks like arnold now, especially with the glasses on, some pics almost look like photographs of arnold, same thing with the old joker, it didnt look like heath at all, it just looked like a caricature of the joker...and if you think the DX batman looks bad then i feel bad for you, it must suck to live a life where almost all things look ****ty to you...ive shown that figure to 15 people who arent involved in this hobby and they were all blown away, the thing looks amazing, you put the frown face on, tilt the head down a bit and it looks unreal, sure if you put a **** face plate on, eyes straight ahead, and take a picture using a full flash 2 inches from the face you could complain, but its easy to pose it so it looks amazing, ive seen pictures of the keaton batman, eyes straight ahead pull flash and it looked poor and thats one of the best figures ive ever seen.. and also all this nonsense about PERS, PERS dont ruin sculpts, all these head shot photos, are closer to the face then you can even get when seeing it in person, it over exaggerates the eyelid, but in person, it isnt noticeable at all, its not the PERS that ruin a sculpt its just a poor sculpt around the eye, thats why some sculpts look good with PERS, if pers was a problem, every sculpt with pers would look horrible, it has nothing to do with pers, its if the sculpts of the eyes are good or not. AMEN.

the new sculpt looks better, people are ****ting on the old MMS117 because it looks like ****, always has, the DX sculpt doesnt look amazing but the reason people are defending it so strongly is because ignorant people are saying the MMS117 looks more like arnold, which is borderline insanity, and also when ur comparing **** (MMS117) vs decent (DX), thats a big jump, this is a hobby of subtlety, and if something is subtly better, thats actually a huge jump, especially when the original one didnt look like the actor at all it looked like a caricature of the character, the new sculpt actually looks like arnold now, especially with the glasses on, some pics almost look like photographs of arnold, same thing with the old joker, it didnt look like heath at all, it just looked like a caricature of the joker...and if you think the DX batman looks bad then i feel bad for you, it must suck to live a life where almost all things look ****ty to you...ive shown that figure to 15 people who arent involved in this hobby and they were all blown away, the thing looks amazing, you put the frown face on, tilt the head down a bit and it looks unreal, sure if you put a **** face plate on, eyes straight ahead, and take a picture using a full flash 2 inches from the face you could complain, but its easy to pose it so it looks amazing, ive seen pictures of the keaton batman, eyes straight ahead pull flash and it looked poor and thats one of the best figures ive ever seen.. and also all this nonsense about PERS, PERS dont ruin sculpts, all these head shot photos, are closer to the face then you can even get when seeing it in person, it over exaggerates the eyelid, but in person, it isnt noticeable at all, its not the PERS that ruin a sculpt its just a poor sculpt around the eye, thats why some sculpts look good with PERS, if pers was a problem, every sculpt with pers would look horrible, it has nothing to do with pers, its if the sculpts of the eyes are good or not. AMEN.

paragraphs, commas, full-stops. sentences.
Without them I cannot read your posts. :dunno

Are you on speed?

I'm not mate, but neither am I gonna put on rose-tinted spectacles just because I forked out $200 for it.

Everyones intitled to there opinion on it yours included, and some of your points are valid like the hair not being as sharp as mms117, but it seems you are grasping at straws here to find fault with the dx10 cause imo it is way better then the orginal, the likeness to arnie is there. In life theres so much bulls*** to deal with and collecting for me is one of those things that relaxs me, but you seem to make it into a chore with overly critizing every inch with excrusiating detail.

Its not just this figure ether its been your MO for like the past serveral releases, you seem to have to make everyone agree with your opinion for some reason and if someone disagrees you break out the magifiying glass to try and prove your point. Again your opinion is valid and I'm not trying to cause an issue but others are intitled to there opinions as well:peace

All these figures suck at some point, it's as simple as that.

It seems like for most people, once you open it, get used to it on your shelf for a couple of days (like the infamous "I just bought it, now I'm selling it in the For Sale section"), months, years, run out of things to discuss, can't find any more things to add (like COO model miniguns) and do every mod from paper clips to shaving plastic off bits of limbs, the figure loses it's flavor.

Then a new version comes around, usually a slight improvement with new gimmicks throw in and it's "Hallelujah, hallelujah, best figure ever!" Then repeat the same process and it's only a matter of time until the new figure becomes dull and loses that feeling of greatness it once had. We just all live in the moment, some more than others.

With all the crap coming out year after year, I'm surprised our attention spans aren't shorter. While I don't think this figure is utter **** (just like I don't think the DX 12 is ****), I really don't see what the big deal is. I guess if you passed or missed out on the 117 and never owned it, this would be a godsend. The perspective on realism with these things has changed, the hobby isn't as fun or magical as it used to be years ago in my opinion. Now these things really feel like over expensive, over glorified toys with short appreciation lives before they're sent to ebay or the marketplace to help fund a new version.

So until the next version comes out everyone will be debating which is better :F

Little bit more likeness on the dx but the mms has a far superior paint app. DX10 looks as if he about to hit up a gay bar

:lol

Now the Police Shootout version is something they should be remaking. I mean not only did they not have Arnold's license for that, it's was one of their very first movie figures from 7 years ago!

And yet they don't, baffling.

I did love that hamburger/zombie face T-800 though. That was my very first Hot Toys figure, back when they weren't more than a couple of $100 bucks.

All these figures suck at some point, it's as simple as that.

It seems like for most people, once you open it, get used to it on your shelf for a couple of days (like the infamous "I just bought it, now I'm selling it in the For Sale section"), months, years, run out of things to discuss, can't find any more things to add (like COO model miniguns) and do every mod from paper clips to shaving plastic off bits of limbs, the figure loses it's flavor.

Then a new version comes around, usually a slight improvement with new gimmicks throw in and it's "Hallelujah, hallelujah, best figure ever!" Then repeat the same process and it's only a matter of time until the new figure becomes dull and loses that feeling of greatness it once had. We just all live in the moment, some more than others.

With all the crap coming out year after year, I'm surprised our attention spans aren't shorter. While I don't think this figure is utter **** (just like I don't think the DX 12 is ****), I really don't see what the big deal is. I guess if you passed or missed out on the 117 and never owned it, this would be a godsend. The perspective on realism with these things has changed, the hobby isn't as fun or magical as it used to be years ago in my opinion. Now these things really feel like over expensive, over glorified toys with short appreciation lives before they're sent to ebay or the marketplace to help fund a new version.

i dont understand what your point is? are you saying these things looked more realistic in the past because that is incorrect lol, or are you complaing just in general about the way people buy them and sell them? and im not sure if anyone told you but... these are over expensive, over glorified toys lol what did you think they were?

My point is, we're all *****es here no matter what the argument is for or against and that this hobby isn't as fun as it used to be. Remakes, photoshops, expensive ass customs, complaining, complaining about complaining QC issues, decline in quality, prices, crying, **** it all.

What's your point? Just made an account. 11 posts, all about defending this DX 10 Arnold. Named batmanfan, has extensive knowledge on how people react about these figures and what goes on. Seems to really care about other people's opinions on a figure they may or may not like.

Long time lurker or another separate account? Did you ever even own the MMS 117?

Last edited:

Everyones intitled to there opinion on it yours included, and some of your points are valid like the hair not being as sharp as mms117, but it seems you are grasping at straws here to find fault with the dx10 cause imo it is way better then the orginal, the likeness to arnie is there. In life theres so much bulls*** to deal with and collecting for me is one of those things that relaxs me, but you seem to make it into a chore with overly critizing every inch with excrusiating detail.

Its not just this figure ether its been your MO for like the past serveral releases, you seem to have to make everyone agree with your opinion for some reason and if someone disagrees you break out the magifiying glass to try and prove your point. Again your opinion is valid and I'm not trying to cause an issue but others are intitled to there opinions as well:peace

Nope, I'm afraid that's not true. If I think something is substandard I will say so. I think the past few releases have been substandard. I still enjoy them, I've ended up modding the hell out of them and also taking photos of them as we'll as I can.

Head over to my collection thread to see what I've done creatively with these releases that I 'hate'.

If I think something is poor, I will say that, if someone picks me up on that I will stand my corner, why not? That my opinion. I have zero interest in making other people agree with me about anything, this is an anonymous forum, there are only a handful of people on here I know enough to respect their opinions.

And here's the main point. If I love something, I will say so as well. Head over to the EB Batman thread, the EB BD t2 thread, even the SS Tusken raider thread and you will see me raving about those sets.

Bottom line is, it's just my opinion, if you don't agree just ignore it.
But there is a tendency on these boards to worship at the great altar of HT. sometimes it's deserved, but not recently, they need a kick up the ass.

:peace

Looks like a solid figure, nothing looks like a major leap forward. The MMS has issues, this one seems to have some of its own. Sculpt is spot on in one shot, then borderline terrible in the next. Lighting and angle seems to greatly affect the sculpt. As to which is better, MMS or this, they both have strengths and weaknesses, so its gonna be a matter personal of opinion. I'm sure for those that just dropped $200, they are gonna be more inclined to see it as better than the MMS. And those sticking with the MMS will probably preach the opposite. Enterbay wins the T2 sculpt-off for me, Hot Toys seems to have missed the mark twice. Both passable, but a little short on overall likeness.

One thing I will say for sure, I don't think its worth the price, but I have become increasing less impressed with price vs pay off over the last year or so. Nothing seems to be worth what we are being charged.

Kongrats to all who picked it up though.

Nope, I'm afraid that's not true. If I think something is substandard I will say so. I think the past few releases have been substandard. I still enjoy them, I've ended up modding the hell out of them and also taking photos of them as we'll as I can.

Head over to my collection thread to see what I've done creatively with these releases that I 'hate'.

If I think something is poor, I will say that, if someone picks me up on that I will stand my corner, why not? That my opinion. I have zero interest in making other people agree with me about anything, this is an anonymous forum, there are only a handful of people on here I know enough to respect their opinions.

And here's the main point. If I love something, I will say so as well. Head over to the EB Batman thread, the EB BD t2 thread, even the SS Tusken raider thread and you will see me raving about those sets.

Bottom line is, it's just my opinion, if you don't agree just ignore it.
But there is a tendency on these boards to worship at the great altar of HT. sometimes it's deserved, but not recently, they need a kick up the ass.

:peace

I was in your collection thread a few weeks ago and left a nice comment there about you awesome collection:hi5: I just find you to be abit confusing, anyone reading your comments on these figures would think you hate them and yet you have them all in your collection. Anyway it don't matter ether way who thinks what about what, all that matters is when I get mine that I like it.

Looks like a solid figure, nothing looks like a major leap forward. The MMS has issues, this one seems to have some of its own. Sculpt is spot on in one shot, then borderline terrible in the next. Lighting and angle seems to greatly affect the sculpt. As to which is better, MMS or this, they both have strengths and weaknesses, so its gonna be a matter personal of opinion. I'm sure for those that just dropped $200, they are gonna be more inclined to see it as better than the MMS. And those sticking with the MMS will probably preach the opposite. Enterbay wins the T2 sculpt-off for me, Hot Toys seems to have missed the mark twice. Both passable, but a little short on overall likeness.

One thing I will say for sure, I don't think its worth the price, but I have become increasing less impressed with price vs pay off over the last year or so. Nothing seems to be worth what we are being charged.

Kongrats to all who picked it up though.

Excellent post King.

I was in your collection thread a few weeks ago and left a nice comment there about you awesome collection:hi5: I just find you to be abit confusing, anyone reading your comments on these figures would think you hate them and yet you have them all in your collection. Anyway it don't matter ether way who thinks what about what, all that matters is when I get mine that I like it.

It's because there seems to be a need recently on these boards to defend your right to have any issues with a Hot Toys release.

Some collectors here want to cover their ears and eyes should anyone say anything bad about their new toy. I don't 'hate' these Hot Toys releases, I have bought most of them, but I have every right to point out what I see as failings in their manufacture and design.

I think King summed it up perfectly above.

Wow
Yea i know my post may mean crap since i don't have many posts but reading this thread and the dx12 before it was shipped has put me off entering a discussion on this board. I was hoping to find some like minded collectors who just like to talk about these " high end collectible action figures" since all my friends think Im nuts to drop the coin on these things (even though they think the are bad@@s). My point being i lurk on this site to get news, updates,ideas and some pretty wicked knowledge of these things but I don't want to argue with people over it. I do enough of that at work.
Opposing viewpoints are key to good discussion but damn, some nasty conversations spark up over a frigging TOY. If you dislike the figure cool if you love it cool. I missed out on the 1st so this figure will fill that void. I still think the 1st one is great and would pass on this if I had it. I think the thing we should really be getting ripped at is how little they give us for the price point. What happened to the two figures included, multiple head sculpts more accessories etc that a DX used to be. While this figure is great IMO its really light in any substance and not for $230.00 or the dx12 light load of goodies for 260$.. Hell wasn't the dx 01 $200 and you got 2 completely different figures. Oh well said my small piece now I must go....

Back