1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

T2_T800_003a.jpg

:lol

:exactly:Good one:lol

Those pics from the Kojun blog make it look really good I think. the only real crappy part of this figure to me is the stand, it just doesn't suit the T-800 at all, it looks way too Tron.

:lol that's a great shot of him. I am tempted to pick up all the cyber dyne parts from this and make my mms117 into a cyber dyne version. I may even change the head. The likeness on this is there no question and the quality won't look as bad in and.

I don't hate it, just stating the fact that it looks less human more toy, less detailed and looks more like the CGI Arnold of Salvation.

I love how the MMS 117 is being criticized as if it's the original crappy Sideshow version or the hideous Diamond Select 1/4 figure now that the new, big bad DX 10 is out. "Toad", "laughable", "sucks". :lol Also funny how any valid criticisms against this thing is meant with, "STILL BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL, AN IMPROVEMENT!"

Ahhh, obsoletism. Same garbage is happening with DX 12 Batman which a goofy looking toy with the eyes, long forearms/elbows and ridiculous faceplates. Yeah, it's better than the DX 02 but only slightly. It's also about $100 more. But nah, NEW, NEW, NEW!

When the MMS 117 spec/pics first came out, I was impressed but I thought the sculpt could have been better. I remember posting things like "the head looks squashed", "he looks to rough and strung out like he's buzzed", "too old", "looks like a neanderthal" and I remember some folks jumping on my case and saying I was crazy. Once I got it for myself though, all those problems, while still there, diminished. It's a great figure whether it's standing still with the 1887s in hand, riding a fatboy, decked out in Cyberdyne gear or confronting T-1000.

Nobody puts things in perspective here, nobody. Yeah, this one has a better Arnold likeness (albeit soft and derped in most shots because ot the eyes), better clothes (now that it's leather especially) and new gear . . . but it should. It's 2012 now. The original MMS 117 came out almost 4 years ago, probably developed 5 years ago, this ****ing thing should be better.

The thing is, is this DX 10 that much better? Not really. We all notice the improvements but the criticism comes from the price, what it could and should be and the amount of years between the releases. Alright, the head looks better, it has newly developed elbows and it has some leather but it's still pretty much the same figure. You got the crappy PERS feature that kills most headsculpts (and if it doesn't, there's no argument against the notion that regular painted eyes are superior, they are), half of the figures head comes apart, it's more prone to damage and QC issues, etc. etc.

This bastard also costs more. This isn't a jump in quality like the V1 Joker from 2008 to the upcoming DX 11 Joker coming next year. It's practically a rerelease with gimmicks (HEY, WE USED REAL LEATHER, MIMICKED ENTERBAY'S HEAD, THREW IN A TRON BASE AND GAVE HIM PERS) to entice more people and give those that missed out on the MMS a chance at a T2 Uncle Bob.

Can't wait to see people ripping on this one (probably the same freaks too) when the next T2 regular Arnold comes out, then the one after that, then the one after that. Never fails.

He is here. Still have Luke to open from yesterday.

First off, in person the sculpt rocks. Vastly superior to the MMS and looks just like Arnold. A little youger, but it is him. The hair is nice as well, you can hardly see the PERS seam in the back.

The leathers blow the MMS away. The way they look feel and are way softer. Very nice. And no need for the paperclip mod.

A few quick pics, I am busy today so these will have to do.

DSC_1825.jpg

DSC_1826.jpg

DSC_1827.jpg

DSC_1828.jpg

DSC_1829.jpg

DSC_1830.jpg

DSC_1831.jpg

DSC_1832.jpg

DSC_1833.jpg

DSC_1834.jpg

Astonishing.
These quick pics make the sculpt look much much better than OMG's pics.
The sculpt is growing on me...

I love how the MMS 117 is being criticized as if it's the original crappy Sideshow version or the hideous Diamond Select 1/4 figure now that the new, big bad DX 10 is out. "Toad", "laughable", "sucks". :lol Also funny how any valid criticisms against this thing is meant with, "STILL BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL, AN IMPROVEMENT!"

Ahhh, obsoletism. Same garbage is happening with DX 12 Batman which a goofy looking toy with the eyes, long forearms/elbows and ridiculous faceplates. Yeah, it's better than the DX 02 but only slightly. It's also about $100 more. But nah, NEW, NEW, NEW!

When the MMS 117 spec/pics first came out, I was impressed but I thought the sculpt could have been better. I remember posting things like "the head looks squashed", "he looks to rough and strung out like he's buzzed", "too old", "looks like a neanderthal" and I remember some folks jumping on my case and saying I was crazy. Once I got it for myself though, all those problems, while still there, diminished. It's a great figure whether it's standing still with the 1887s in hand, riding a fatboy, decked out in Cyberdyne gear or confronting T-1000.

Nobody puts things in perspective here, nobody. Yeah, this one has a better Arnold likeness (albeit soft and derped in most shots because ot the eyes), better clothes (now that it's leather especially) and new gear . . . but it should. It's 2012 now. The original MMS 117 came out almost 4 years ago, probably developed 5 years ago, this ****ing thing should be better.

The thing is, is this DX 10 that much better? Not really. We all notice the improvements but the criticism comes from the price, what it could and should be and the amount of years between the releases. Alright, the head looks better, it has newly developed elbows and it has some leather but it's still pretty much the same figure. You got the crappy PERS feature that kills most headsculpts (and if it doesn't, there's no argument against the notion that regular painted eyes are superior, they are), half of the figures head comes apart, it's more prone to damage and QC issues, etc. etc.

This bastard also costs more. This isn't a jump in quality like the V1 Joker from 2008 to the upcoming DX 11 Joker coming next year. It's practically a rerelease with gimmicks (HEY, WE USED REAL LEATHER, MIMICKED ENTERBAY'S HEAD, THREW IN A TRON BASE AND GAVE HIM PERS) to entice more people and give those that missed out on the MMS a chance at a T2 Uncle Bob.

Can't wait to see people ripping on this one (probably the same freaks too) when the next T2 regular Arnold comes out, then the one after that, then the one after that. Never fails.
:lecture
If you had a blog, I would subscribe.
:lol

Congrats EF:hi5: looks great and good to hear some in hand feedback, the seam does look pretty well hidden in those pics. The side by side pic against mms117 speaks volumes. Can't wait to get mine:impatient:

couple more....

Firstly, thank you for taking the time and effort to photograph and upload the photos. I know it takes effort to do so which is most of the time thankless.

But, and no offence to your quick pics. The product itself: It looks like a toy. Not a collectible, a toy. I don't care who disagrees with me. It's not good enough HT, not at this price point.

Mine should be here soon as well. :dunno

And please anyone still doubting the entire soft sculpt issue: Compare the hair on the MMS to the DX on the right?
That's end of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

DSC_1832.jpg

Last edited:

Wow these new pics look awesome. OMG pics did not do this guy any justice imo.

The more pics I see, the more I love it.

Ignoring all the negative comments as it's a load of old bollocks as usual!

The more pics I see, the more I love it.

Ignoring all the negative comments as it's a load of old bollocks as usual!

Really? These are not of the same quality, let alone a delux model released years later.:dunno

ScreenShot2012-11-09at171954.png

Im only a bit disappointed HT did not give us a battle damaged sculpt and ripped up leathers, especially for a DX.

Rorywan, just deny the package from the UPS man then. Because you are going to do nothing but whine over this action figure.

To me this figure ****s all over the MMS, which was a highly reguarded figure.

Vastly superior..yup imagine..XD

I'll show you ***in superior..
f35211.jpg

Latest posts

Back