1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

If I was being really deadly serious, I probably would use harder language that 'a "load of old bollocks". ;)

This is me lighted up! I hardly post on these boards these days.

I come back for a gander and yeah, it's the same old negative bollocks as it's always been. Sorry if pointing that basic fact offends some.

And I would say it's the usual HT fanboy apologists taking over every thread if anyone so much as whispers anything bad about a new release.

The key is to respect each others opinions if if they are not your own.

Where's Nam when you need him. Maybe if I say his name 3 times..

NAM.... NAM..... NAM....

Why can't we all just get along. I've seen plenty of opinions I flat out disagree with and I found it pretty easy not to bother commenting - either about their opinion or about whether they should or shouldn't have expressed it.

If I was being really deadly serious, I probably would use harder language that 'a "load of old bollocks". ;)

This is me lighted up! I hardly post on these boards these days.

I come back for a gander and yeah, it's the same old negative bollocks as it's always been. Sorry if pointing that basic fact offends some.

Negative bollocks :lol

It's an age old war that will forever rage - Fanboy zealots vs Nit pickers vs trolls vs obessives vs nerds vs casual fans vs etc etc.
Just embrace it or move on?

Why can't we all just get along. I've seen plenty of opinions I flat out disagree with and I found it pretty easy not to bother commenting - either about their opinion or about whether they should or shouldn't have expressed it.

Agreed, likewise.
Anyway, the kids have arrived so time for a quick exit.
:peace

If I were running the show as Hot Toys with this release I'd,

- make it a regular MMS release
- keep this headsculpt
- remove the PERS and have it with regular painted eyes
- make sure the texturing wasn't lost in the hair and in some place on the face

- keep the newly developed body with the elbows (great improvement there)
- keep the clothes

- keep Bandolier
- keep M79 Grenade launcher
- keep M34 Mini gun and ammo bag
- keep pliars and the scalp/chip gimmick
- keep gloves, hands and boots

- Add gas grenade launcher

- take out/remove the sunglasses, pistol and shotgun

- give it a regular release

Call it, MMS *** T2 T-800 (Cyberdyne Version) and charge $190ish for it.

Tease the upcoming DX making a teaser for the highly desired 1/6 Battle Damaged/Steel Mill T2 T-800 with two heads (semi damaged and full battle damaged), two bodies (semi damaged and full damaged), like Luke and scene specific accessories/weapons (broken stock on grenade launcher), LEDs and a DX steel mill base to recreate the final scene where the Terminator blows a hole through the T-1000.

Start working on Police Shootout T-800, Kyle Reese and more Terminator product instead of leaving everyone hanging . . .

the new sculpt looks better, people are ****ting on the old MMS117 because it looks like ****, always has, the DX sculpt doesnt look amazing but the reason people are defending it so strongly is because ignorant people are saying the MMS117 looks more like arnold, which is borderline insanity, and also when ur comparing **** (MMS117) vs decent (DX), thats a big jump, this is a hobby of subtlety, and if something is subtly better, thats actually a huge jump, especially when the original one didnt look like the actor at all it looked like a caricature of the character, the new sculpt actually looks like arnold now, especially with the glasses on, some pics almost look like photographs of arnold, same thing with the old joker, it didnt look like heath at all, it just looked like a caricature of the joker...and if you think the DX batman looks bad then i feel bad for you, it must suck to live a life where almost all things look ****ty to you...ive shown that figure to 15 people who arent involved in this hobby and they were all blown away, the thing looks amazing, you put the frown face on, tilt the head down a bit and it looks unreal, sure if you put a **** face plate on, eyes straight ahead, and take a picture using a full flash 2 inches from the face you could complain, but its easy to pose it so it looks amazing, ive seen pictures of the keaton batman, eyes straight ahead pull flash and it looked poor and thats one of the best figures ive ever seen.. and also all this nonsense about PERS, PERS dont ruin sculpts, all these head shot photos, are closer to the face then you can even get when seeing it in person, it over exaggerates the eyelid, but in person, it isnt noticeable at all, its not the PERS that ruin a sculpt its just a poor sculpt around the eye, thats why some sculpts look good with PERS, if pers was a problem, every sculpt with pers would look horrible, it has nothing to do with pers, its if the sculpts of the eyes are good or not. AMEN.

The old MMS117 is **** hey, always was hey! thats why it won 2010 top figure award. :slap

If I were running the show as Hot Toys with this release I'd,

- make it a regular MMS release
- keep this headsculpt
- remove the PERS and have it with regular painted eyes
- make sure the texturing wasn't lost in the hair and in some place on the face

- keep the newly developed body with the elbows (great improvement there)
- keep the clothes

- keep Bandolier
- keep M79 Grenade launcher
- keep M34 Mini gun and ammo bag
- keep pliars and the scalp/chip gimmick
- keep gloves, hands and boots

- Add gas grenade launcher

- take out/remove the sunglasses, pistol and shotgun

- give it a regular release

Call it, MMS *** T2 T-800 (Cyberdyne Version) and charge $190ish for it.

Tease the upcoming DX making a teaser for the highly desired 1/6 Battle Damaged/Steel Mill T2 T-800 with two heads (semi damaged and full battle damaged), two bodies (semi damaged and full damaged), like Luke and scene specific accessories/weapons (broken stock on grenade launcher), LEDs and a DX steel mill base to recreate the final scene where the Terminator blows a hole through the T-1000.

Start working on Police Shootout T-800, Kyle Reese and more Terminator product instead of leaving everyone hanging . . .

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I would equate it with sidelining someone else's point of view by saying they are talking "bollox".

Nope. The nagitive tone and damning remarks is what I am referring to not peoples opinion.
Rory's pics are nitpicky.

Again, Wanderer simply calling it a 'turd' and that is all, is not what I would call an opinion.

Me pointing that out now makes me an Hot Toys apologist?? Oh pity sakes!! :rotfl

Ok guys I will just BS then. This is lovely, friendly thread and is not all any way unnecessarily negative or nit0picky at all. Shame on me for even suggesting such a thing.

Nope. The nagitive tone and damning remarks is what I am referring to not peoples opinion.
Rory's pics are nitpicky.

Again, Wanderer simply calling it a 'turd' and that is all, is not what I would call an opinion.

Me pointing that out now makes me an Hot Toys apologist?? Oh pity sakes!! :rotfl

Ok guys I will just BS then. This is lovely, friendly thread and is not all any way unnecessarily negative or nit0picky at all. Shame on me for even suggesting such a thing.

Yeah a grown man (well Im going to assume hes a grown man...doesnt act like it...but hey what can ya do...?) calling another grown man names. OH NOES! Feelings hurt! :lol

Seriously some people take this hobby way too seriously. Im just SO glad Im not them and that I can enjoy this hobby without sweating over some nitpicky nonsense. :lecture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

This headsculpt is a joke....really.
HT Dutch wins! Old MMS way better, I cancelled my pre order...and I'm very sad.

ace_puke.gif

Whatever the tone may be, this whole argument only drags the thread off topic and won't achieve anything at all. Nothing will change.

Haha it's all good Eamon. These arguments will never go away sadly :( I'd definitely say though that now we've had the full reveal, all negative comments should be left at the door for people who genuinely like this figure to discuss it amongst themselves....

It basically comes down to pessimists vs optimists. We tend to think in absolutes here, unfortunately, and pay too much heed to opposing opinions. We all want to be heard and we all want to be right. We don't want to hear others say that are toys are crap or obsolete, or tell us that our views are wrong. We're all babies. There really isn't a middle ground and people get too neurotic. People complain, then people complain about complaining and then we all cry because most think their posts are given facts. Though I'd say that those that have criticisms are usually outed and vindicated more, hence terms like "nitpicky" (which may be true). There should be some counter to that. How about those that constantly gush over each and every release is "too gullible", "has no taste" or "easy to please"?

"How dare you say this figure doesn't look good, I think it looks good."

":lol at people that think the MMS 117 piece is as good as this gift from above."

"PERS sucks, no PERS IS GREAT!"

"quality isn't as good as it used to be, no, it's still an improvement!"

It's all ****ed up. I HATE ALL OF YOU!

It basically comes down to pessimists vs optimists. We tend to think in absolutes here, unfortunately, and pay too much heed to opposing opinions. There really isn't a middle ground and people get too neurotic. People complain, then people complain about complaining and then we all cry because most think their posts are given facts.

"How dare you say this figure doesn't look good, I think it looks good."

":lol at people that think the MMS 117 piece is as good as this gift from above."

"PERS sucks, no PERS IS GREAT!"

"quality isn't as good as it used to be, no, it's still an improvement!"

It's all ****ed up. I HATE ALL OF YOU!

Likewise.
:monkey3

Back