1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

The market will buy this and HT will not learn anything :/

Nah I don't think we'll have anything to worry about either way. They have to know the demand for the BD T2 and police shootout versions. If they are fans themselves which one suspects they are, they know.

Nah I don't think we'll have anything to worry about either way. They have to know the demand for the BD T2 and police shootout versions. If they are fans themselves which one suspects they are, they know.

I figure that HT knows the demand. And knows that the Police Shoot Out (T1) and the Battle Damaged Steel Mill (T2) versions are the most requested by fans/collectors.

And that is the EXACT reason, why they are leaving those for LAST.

I figure that HT knows the demand. And knows that the Police Shoot Out (T1) and the Battle Damaged Steel Mill (T2) versions are the most requested by fans/collectors.

Yeah, they probably wanted to get out a PERS-T-800 and their own Cyberdyne variant (after seeing all the COOmodels kitbashes) and figured it wouldn't sell very well after a BD version.

Judging by their schedule, it's been two years (almost three by the time this releases) since the first T2 T800, so it probably will be another 2 years after this T2 T800 1.5 before they reveal the BD figure.

I'm not too fussed about accuracy unless something is wrong or missing, and this figure feels too light for a DX and a BD head would look great for the two year wait for the Steel Mill figure and would help differentiate this from the previous release.

If not then a smirking sculpt would easily be better than just the one sculpt IMO

Judging by their schedule, it's been two years (almost three by the time this releases) since the first T2 T800, so it probably will be another 2 years after this T2 T800 1.5 before they reveal the BD figure.

Not necessarily, back when the line started we had a lot of announcements in pretty quick succession. First MMS117, then Sarah Connor shortly after, T-1000 after that and T-1000 edition of Sarah Connor. It all seemed pretty close together. It seemed like they were gonna pump the whole line out really fast. It came as a surprise that the next announcement was a T1 T-800...and then a bigger surprise that there was nothing after that until now. I'm hoping this figure represents a fulltime-until-completion return to T2. So thats just the BD T-800 now. Young John Connor and Pescadero Sarah Connor if they want to be really generous but I have no expectations of those happening.

Nah, figures tend to be released in clumps. The first T2 T-800 was released in close proximity to Sarah Connor, T-1000, and SDCC T-1000. I figure the battle damaged version will be announced shortly after the DX-10 is released, if not sooner.

--edit: what a-dev said :D --

^What Kara said in an easier to read, more concise post. :D

I love my Coomodel M134, no way HT's will be as nice, so im staying away from this release.

Lets hope you are right a-dev and that they make a BD T2 and a shootout t1

:exactly: Yes the question is not if they are going to release them, but when.

I think that with the T1 1/4 figure coming soon, they will probably release the 1/6 T1 police shootout by next year at the earliest. The 1/6 T2 BD they will probably release by the time the DX10 sells out (so also 3Q 2013 at the earliest). I hope I am wrong though:lol

I want the bd t2 and police shootout t1, but the most wanted on my list for terminator is the endo. That is the one i'm most looking forward to seeing released:)

Mine's still boxed at the moment - but I just went back to the first page of the HT 2010 T2 Arnold thread & checked out the official pics again.. & it's only reinforced for me that:

The 2010 headsculpt is amazing.

This new one isn't nearly as good.

I showed my sister the proto pics of the new T2 and she said, "Is that Ben Affleck?" :gah:

There must genuinely be some resemblance between the features of these 4 guys - Arnold, Ben Affleck, Kurt Russell and John Travolta - because any time someone says an Arnie figure looks like someone else it most often seems to be those.

Last edited:

There are, but, as annoying as HT can be, they do seem to grasp the importance of details to customers, and probably figure majority would not accept a damaged head without the neck and body damage. Occassionally they'll make concessions to make a figure versatile. For example, this DX10 should have a jacket full of bullet holes, but, they're also, despite lack of black t-shirt (and likely they'll add that to the mix before this ships like they did for the MMS117), marketing this figure as able to be the clean T-800 from the opening of the movie before any combat and leaving it up to the individual collector if they want damage to the coat or not.

It's as much about the business side of it all as fandom and accurracy.

Taking this collage for example.

577496_115543708578775_100003694395176_81948_1407236988_n.jpg

MARCUS WRIGHT

Likely, Hot Toys probably figured with the character being new and the minimal screen time of his damaged look, it made the package sweeter to add a coat and second portrait to make one really good figure that would be popular sell well rather than 2 unique ones that might not do so well.

T-1000

While fans would love versatility and options for his appearance, I think again, HT looked at the character and opted that 2 separate figures might not do so well for them as 1 solid release so they basically gave us a DX worth of stuff in an MMS package.

SARAH CONNOR T-1000

I think the inclusion of the second head here was to boost sales of two figures at once. It begs the qustion, why make this Sarah if they feel it needs a really popular accessory for another figure added to it to sell it, but that's what it looks like, they gave fans who wanted the hair down look the option but added to the package to make sure she'd sell well, and it seems like she still didn't anyway.

T1 T-800

I do believe HT staff are still fans, as much as they seem more business-centric lately. How cool is it to have the early BD look from the movie? Very. However, they also knew there would be no way to really do anything with a production figure to make this BD look really different in a second figure from the clean original, so they just added an arm, head and some tools to the basic Tech Noir look figure. If the T1 T-800 did not change in facial appearance as much and in the ways he did, I doubt this figure would have had a second sculpt, but it works.

T2 T-800

So when the WTF of why no extra portrait with the T2 T-800s comes up, I think it's pretty easy to see, business decision. It would better suit them to release a semi/full BD T-800 package with fully accurrate costuming options than to add a BD head half assedly to this DX10 release or the MMS117 figure.

As cool as a full BD figure would look, collectors have come to expect lots of items in the box to validate the price. If you pack the Cyberdyne BD items along with the full steel mill BD gear, then that's a pretty good ammount of stuff for your money, take the Cyberdyne items away and it's a very light release.

While lack of 2nd portrait in this DX10 seems like this doesn't come with much, you still get a lot of accessories, enough to warrant saving anything related to BD scenes for yet another figure. Same reason why they gave a bloody eye head to MMS136 instead of one with the Endo eye exposed, adds to the accessory list for a BD figure from T1.

It's not such a big deal, except that, we have no clue if they'll ever actually make BD T-800s, if they do, it's all good how they've done things to date, but for now, it's frustrating because they're making their collectors hope to get the parts they need with each release because they don't know if they'll ever get it otherwise.

Great analysis MF. I luv it when someone backs up their thoughts like this, IMO it really gives credence to their opinions. So just for that MF, I'm gonna give you one of these :hi5: and I rarely do that so you should feel honored.:wink1:

What's wrong with his face?!? Definitely not going to buy it now.

:lol yeah the eyes are throwing it off imo.

Nose too, bridge looks fat, the overall doesn't look like Arnold's nose.

561016_10150630108932344_58690437343_9397063_2043762701_n-1.jpg

Arnold's nose looks very triangular from a frontal view, wide at the nostrils and almost fading away when it gets to the spot between his eyes.

MMS117 had the structure better.

82.jpg

Great analysis MF. I luv it when someone backs up their thoughts like this, IMO it really gives credence to their opinions. So just for that MF, I'm gonna give you one of these :hi5: and I rarely do that so you should feel honored.:wink1:

I echo that. I always enjoy Maul's posts.

Back