1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

I like his post too. I like that Nova spent time in Photoshop putting together this graphic to support his latest thing to screech about and then how MaulFan came along right after and, using sense and reason, took Nova's head in the palm of his hand and crushed it like a grape. It was just like, 'Pow, take that Nova, you dreadful computer beast!'

I like his post too. I like that Nova spent time in Photoshop putting together this graphic to support his latest thing to screech about and then how MaulFan came along right after and, using sense and reason, took Nova's head in the palm of his hand and crushed it like a grape. It was just like, 'Pow, take that Nova, you dreadful computer beast!'
Yeah, Maulfan's posts are usually chock full of violent subtext :yess:

I'd like for Hot Toys to make the figure with a BD chest and give us two shirts, one nomal to cover the chest and one torn to show it. Then a BD head and it would be perfect for me.

Leave Nova aloneeeeeeeeeee!

_proxy

It's not such a big deal, except that, we have no clue if they'll ever actually make BD T-800s, if they do, it's all good how they've done things to date, but for now, it's frustrating because they're making their collectors hope to get the parts they need with each release because they don't know if they'll ever get it otherwise.

That's my concern, i'd prefer a partially BD head as an extra for now, incase there is no full BD figure in the future.

People don't have to use but it'd be there as an option and make the DX title more applicable, even if it's a smirking sculpt it'd help the package in comparison to past DX figures

I like his post too. I like that Nova spent time in Photoshop putting together this graphic

Your welcome.

Agreed Sean :D I actually never noticed the nose due to the weird eyes. I can always count on you for the small stuff!

SB.jpg

Agreed Sean :D I actually never noticed the nose due to the weird eyes. I can always count on you for the small stuff!

SB.jpg

Shake N Bake :rock

It's actually surprising how off this portrait is, Yulli's been queen of Arnold, even if she's gone too old, it's always looked clearly like him, but she's pretty off on details she's nailed on 3 different figures (Dutch, T2, T2). Nose seems like a spot where many Arnold sculpts fail, he's got a tricky one to sculpt it seems, but the DX10 nos ie not Arnold. It seems like maybe she got so lost in trying to give him a younger look from the first T2 that basic anatomy was missed. Really, they would have been fine if they did the original T2 sculpt with the softness to the face of the T1 sculpts.

Shake N Bake :rock

Really, they would have been fine if they did the original T2 sculpt with the softness to the face of the T1 sculpts.

Good point. Sure the original sculpt is choppy but it sure does have a decent likeness. Not perfect but good enough for most.

Good point. Sure the original sculpt is choppy but it sure does have a decent likeness. Not perfect but good enough for most.

The biggest issue I see with it in terms of a T2 portrait is the age, the lines along his cheeks are too defined, his forhead wrinkles and veins a bit too defined, he has these features but the sculpt presents them in a way that suggest age, more like an End of Days Arnold than T2. Dutch and T1 really capture 80-90s Schwarzenegger well as far as age.

That said, if they'd got the anatomy right on this sculpt, it actually might look stellar, but having key features off leads to Ben Affleck comments, and I agree, Arnold's a neanderthal face and some of that just isn't popping in this portrait.

The biggest issue I see with it in terms of a T2 portrait is the age, the lines along his cheeks are too defined, his forhead wrinkles and veins a bit too defined, he has these features but the sculpt presents them in a way that suggest age, more like an End of Days Arnold than T2. Dutch and T1 really capture 80-90s Schwarzenegger well as far as age.

That said, if they'd got the anatomy right on this sculpt, it actually might look stellar, but having key features off leads to Ben Affleck comments, and I agree, Arnold's a neanderthal face and some of that just isn't popping in this portrait.

I'm just upset that Hot Toys keeps giving Arnold a squashed head-sculpt - they just can't seem to get the proportions of his face right. There's definitely something lost in the translation from the film to the figure.

562431_10150630107812344_58690437343_9397049_1125363368_n-1.jpg

T2_1_lg.jpg

Me neither, i'm getting the DX for the Cyberdyne scene and keeping my MMS for the Galleria scene.

Consider this though people...

EVERY Hot Toys 'living tissue' Terminator (since they've gotten likeness rights) has had a second damaged head EXCEPT for the T2 T800 :mad:

Terminator 4: Marcus Wright - Second Battle Damaged Endo head
Terminator 2: T800 - Just the one head
Terminator 2: T100 - Second Battle Damaged Liquid Metal head
Terminator 1: T800 - Second post surgery bloodied eyesocket head
Terminator 2: T800 [DX] Still just the one head

Since this is the second T2 T800 AND a DX it is really disrepectful not to have a second head, i mean the T2 is arguebly the most or at least second most iconic Terminator.

Sounds like Nova wants a little head.:rotfl

I'm just upset that Hot Toys keeps giving Arnold a squashed head-sculpt - they just can't seem to get the proportions of his face right. There's definitely something lost in the translation from the film to the figure.

562431_10150630107812344_58690437343_9397049_1125363368_n-1.jpg

T2_1_lg.jpg

Wow, you guys have a great eye for these details. I rarely, if ever, can pinpoint what it might be about a certain sculpt that throws it off, if I even think the sculpt is off. It's probably cuz I'm not an artist in any way at all. I guess that's a plus of not having any artistic skill, it lets me see sculpts like this one, MMS117, MMS136, Hawkeye or Nick Fury and think ":thud:, that is an awesome sculpt". But if I compare pix like the ones you posted Solidus, I can see the stuff that you guys point out. Things like maybe the chin and forehead should be just a little bit taller to give his head a little more height:dunno. But fortunately I can still go grab my MMS117 off the shelf, look at him and think ":yess:, that's a frakkin' great sculpt". At least they don't have the melon-heads that some of the Sideshow figs have:horror.

Riddick - is that a choke of approval.. or disgust? :lol

Yeah - the point about the length of Arnold's face not being captured on the figures is dead on. The 2010 head is BRILLIANT, but as the pics of Arnold's actual face show, there's an obvious proportional difference going on there - which keeps the figure from being that much closer to, dare I say.. 'perfect'.

..& agreed on the SSC 'bobble-head' comment. I'm so glad I bypassed all the older figures - wonky! :lecture
I have 3.5 SSC figures in total at the moment. :lol

I'll might pick up the DX head just for the sake of it, for 200 dollars or what the SOB's at ebay will charge for it :p

There are, but, as annoying as HT can be, they do seem to grasp the importance of details to customers, and probably figure majority would not accept a damaged head without the neck and body damage. Occassionally they'll make concessions to make a figure versatile. For example, this DX10 should have a jacket full of bullet holes, but, they're also, despite lack of black t-shirt (and likely they'll add that to the mix before this ships like they did for the MMS117), marketing this figure as able to be the clean T-800 from the opening of the movie before any combat and leaving it up to the individual collector if they want damage to the coat or not.

It's as much about the business side of it all as fandom and accurracy.

Taking this collage for example.

577496_115543708578775_100003694395176_81948_1407236988_n.jpg

MARCUS WRIGHT

Likely, Hot Toys probably figured with the character being new and the minimal screen time of his damaged look, it made the package sweeter to add a coat and second portrait to make one really good figure that would be popular sell well rather than 2 unique ones that might not do so well.

T-1000

While fans would love versatility and options for his appearance, I think again, HT looked at the character and opted that 2 separate figures might not do so well for them as 1 solid release so they basically gave us a DX worth of stuff in an MMS package.

SARAH CONNOR T-1000

I think the inclusion of the second head here was to boost sales of two figures at once. It begs the qustion, why make this Sarah if they feel it needs a really popular accessory for another figure added to it to sell it, but that's what it looks like, they gave fans who wanted the hair down look the option but added to the package to make sure she'd sell well, and it seems like she still didn't anyway.

T1 T-800

I do believe HT staff are still fans, as much as they seem more business-centric lately. How cool is it to have the early BD look from the movie? Very. However, they also knew there would be no way to really do anything with a production figure to make this BD look really different in a second figure from the clean original, so they just added an arm, head and some tools to the basic Tech Noir look figure. If the T1 T-800 did not change in facial appearance as much and in the ways he did, I doubt this figure would have had a second sculpt, but it works.

T2 T-800

So when the WTF of why no extra portrait with the T2 T-800s comes up, I think it's pretty easy to see, business decision. It would better suit them to release a semi/full BD T-800 package with fully accurrate costuming options than to add a BD head half assedly to this DX10 release or the MMS117 figure.

As cool as a full BD figure would look, collectors have come to expect lots of items in the box to validate the price. If you pack the Cyberdyne BD items along with the full steel mill BD gear, then that's a pretty good ammount of stuff for your money, take the Cyberdyne items away and it's a very light release.

While lack of 2nd portrait in this DX10 seems like this doesn't come with much, you still get a lot of accessories, enough to warrant saving anything related to BD scenes for yet another figure. Same reason why they gave a bloody eye head to MMS136 instead of one with the Endo eye exposed, adds to the accessory list for a BD figure from T1.

It's not such a big deal, except that, we have no clue if they'll ever actually make BD T-800s, if they do, it's all good how they've done things to date, but for now, it's frustrating because they're making their collectors hope to get the parts they need with each release because they don't know if they'll ever get it otherwise.

t800 doesn't wear the black tshirt after retrieving sarah connor

is that a choke of approval.. or disgust? :lol

Disgust for sure :lol
I ownd this figure and was reeeeeeeeeally disappointed.
It's far from anything you can call "realistic looking representation of the character".

So long as we don't see the prefect Arnold HS, sure more t-800 is coming:lol

Even though I have the first already this has now become my most look forwarded to figure. Cant wait to get him :yess:

Back