1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

I'm not selling my MMS117 T-800.

Me neither, i'm getting the DX for the Cyberdyne scene and keeping my MMS for the Galleria scene.

Consider this though people...

EVERY Hot Toys 'living tissue' Terminator (since they've gotten likeness rights) has had a second damaged head EXCEPT for the T2 T800 :mad:

Terminator 4: Marcus Wright - Second Battle Damaged Endo head
Terminator 2: T800 - Just the one head
Terminator 2: T100 - Second Battle Damaged Liquid Metal head
Terminator 1: T800 - Second post surgery bloodied eyesocket head
Terminator 2: T800 [DX] Still just the one head

Since this is the second T2 T800 AND a DX it is really disrepectful not to have a second head, i mean the T2 is arguebly the most or at least second most iconic Terminator.

Last edited:

Hot-Toys-T800-DX10-p-12.jpg
While the sculpt does look a bit better in these pics than in the solicitation pictures, the PERS looks wonky to me, as is often the case. The left eye is looking just slightly to the left while the right eye is looking to the extreme left.

@Nova

:goodpost:

If they can make a BD face for a mediocre character like Marcus Wright they should be able to make one for one of the most iconic characters to grace the screens!

Marcus001.jpg

Me neither, i'm getting the Dx for the Cyberdyne scene and keeping my MMS for the Galleria scene.
That's cool, but considering that, I don't know if you should complain about HT's slightly modified re-issues anymore :lol

Re: the non-damaged head, it seems pretty clear to me that HT wants to milk this character for all it's worth, and the battle damaged version will come at some point as its own figure. T1 T-800 only came with 2 because the damaged head he came with wasn't particularly important in the grand scheme of things. If it was worthy of being its own figure, HT would have released it that way.

And lets say you're at work and you're thinking about it - you think you've arrived at your final decision and come up with a rationale that you won't go back on - then you get home, pick it up and immediately start coming up with rationales for why you should keep it. :gah:

:exactly::lol.............:gah:

That's cool, but considering that, I don't know if you should complain about HT's slightly modified re-issues anymore :lol

I wasn't complaining anymore than everyone in this thread when it first popped up. :peace

Im just glad to be ordering a HT again, it's been far too slow for my interests over the last 6-9 months.

Remember mid-last year onwards when i was pissed that they hadn't done anything from the new licenses they announced, well it's almost a year later and still nothing, so i just stopped caring so much and expanded my interests to more Sideshow, 3A and Koto.

I still want them but have stopped expecting them, that's the best way to handle the situation i think, if you don't expect them you aren't constantly disappointed when they don't arrive.

Re: the non-damaged head, it seems pretty clear to me that HT wants to milk this character for all it's worth, and the battle damaged version will come at some point as its own figure.

Thing is, the T800 at Cyberdyne had the BD head, so they should include it IMO as most DX figures have had a second head.

And when they do make the Steel Mill version they can even use the same head and will sell well becuase it's not just the head that makes that version unique it's the exposed endo throughout the body too, they could save the light-up eye for the Steel mill version and have a non-light-up eye for the Cyberdyne version.

I feel like it deserves a second damaged head as all the others have had one

Last edited:

I still want them but have stopped expecting them, that's the best way to handle the situation i think, if you don't expect them you arentm constantly disappointed when the donmt arrive.
Yeah, that really is the best way to handle things. Hot Toys does some stuff that makes me really scratch my head. Mostly pulling out mediocre and/or completely wonky looking sculpts for their flagship "deluxe" figure series. We can all hope and anticipate what they will do, and usually they're pretty predictable, but if you just roll with whatever they give you, and take it or leave it, they're much easier to be a fan of.

I just realized something, there are no pics of this from the back, if this is to be movie accurate, there should be bullet holes in the back of the jacket because the t-1000 shot him in the back as he protected john in the mall, this was also scene in the surgery scene when john holds up his jacket to reveil the holes.

Are you buying this figure, Sam?

I just realized something, there are no pics of this from the back, if this is to be movie accurate, there should be bullet holes in the back of the jacket because the t-1000 shot him in the back as he protected john in the mall, this was also scene in the surgery scene when john holds up his jacket to reveil the holes.

True. One wonders will they punch their real leather jackets full of holes though. I doubt it.

True. One wonders will they punch their real leather jackets full of holes though. I doubt it.

I'll take it ether way but would prefer to have the holes in the jacket, I have the clean jacket and this will differantate this from the first and also stop fakes from showing up on ebay.

Not sure. I would like the extra weapons, but am completely happy with my existing figure otherwise, and actually prefer the older sculpt based on what I've seen.

I think I prefer the old sculpt too; especially with the glasses on.

Yeah, that really is the best way to handle things. Hot Toys does some stuff that makes me really scratch my head. Mostly pulling out mediocre and/or completely wonky looking sculpts for their flagship "deluxe" figure series. We can all hope and anticipate what they will do, and usually they're pretty predictable, but if you just roll with whatever they give you, and take it or leave it, they're much easier to be a fan of.

I think they need better communication with customers, not responding to every question but at least giving updates on projects that are overdue every once and a while.

They should stop announcing to the public more adn more licenses and piling so many things onto their plate when they don't intend on doing them for year or two as it build unnecessary anticipation amongst their customers.

I'll take it ether way but would prefer to have the holes in the jacket, I have the clean jacket and this will differantate this from the first and also stop fakes from showing up on ebay.

That's a good point Skull :clap

As a customer, I'd probably prefer that they didn't announce licenses until they had something to show for it, but perhaps there's some kind of marketing or business strategy behind it that I don't understand.

As a customer, I'd probably prefer that they didn't announce licenses until they had something to show for it, but perhaps there's some kind of marketing or business strategy behind it that I don't understand.

Same here, if you don't know it's in the works you won't be hanging around waiting while they work on it.

People have speculated they aquire licenses to keep them from other companies, not sure i buy that, it's pretty shady.

Just part of the hype machine. I, too, would prefer announcements when figures were ready to go.

Just part of the hype machine. I, too, would prefer announcements when figures were ready to go.

:exactly::goodpost: I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned, the longer between the reveal of the figure and the release of the figure, the less interested I am in getting it. For example, I was very excited when they announced Nolan, but now it's as if I almost don't care if he ever sees the light of day.:dunno

The upside of announcing figures in advance is that it gives people on lower incomes the chance to save and budget for items in advance.

Back