1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Head Sculpt

Seriously? You guys think this sculpt misses the mark that much in the same way Indy did? I don't know. I look at the pics, and I see Arnold. If I look at a sculpt and can recognize the person I am looking at, then that's good enough for me. Not saying it's perfect but I don't think this is off in the same way that Indy was. :huh

:goodpost:

I totally agree... I look at the MMS117 and at the DX10 and I can tell it is Arnold Schwarzenegger, not Stallone, not Van Damme!

So, there is no perfect likeness, therefore, no need to compare between 'em because it is a matter of personal favoritism here!
Some like the MMS head sculpt, others like the DX sculpt... in the end: they are both reflecting the Schwarzenegger image but they are both imperfect (100%) as they were made by a human not God!

However, I guess Hot Toys might improve the DX head sculpt a lil' since the photos show us a prototype not a final product!

Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Guys, all I can recommend, is to re-watch Terminator 2 from beginning to end. Just a few weeks ago, I was all on-board the hype-train for this figure, myself. But after watching T2 again, I've had a complete reversal on my opinion. Hot Toys really needs to make some major adjustments on the head-sculpt before I purchase this figure. It's impossible for any figure to have perfect likeness, but in my opinion, this one just misses the mark in so many ways.

Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that the photos that we've seen are just prototype shots, and that the final production shots (if there are any) will be more improved. I'm itching to hit the pre-order button again, but I just need more convincing from Hot Toys.

Guys, all I can recommend, is to re-watch Terminator 2 from beginning to end. Just a few weeks ago, I was all on-board the hype-train for this figure, myself. But after watching T2 again, I've had a complete reversal on my opinion. Hot Toys really needs to make some major adjustments on the head-sculpt before I purchase this figure. It's impossible for any figure to have perfect likeness, but in my opinion, this one just misses the mark in so many ways.

Nevertheless, I sincerely hope that the photos that we've seen are just prototype shots, and that the final production shots (if there are any) will be more improved. I'm itching to hit the pre-order button again, but I just need more convincing from Hot Toys.

Hey man, I'm not going to go back and forth debating this because you have a right to your opinion. However I stand by the fact that perfect or not, I know who the person is when I look at the sculpt so that is all that matters to me. Plus I do agree that there may be adjustments made by the time he is released like the differences we saw in Superman. What worries me more is that seperation part in the head you can notice more than the sculpt itself.

I really don't need it
04042012009.jpg

Yulli probably caught wind of all these comments about her sculpt. You think she'll do anything about it? I don't see her as the kind of person to not make corrections, unless she's preoccupied with her kid now.

Yulli probably caught wind of all these comments about her sculpt. You think she'll do anything about it? I don't see her as the kind of person to not make corrections, unless she's preoccupied with her kid now.

In that small shot of it in your sig it looks good IMO. Though funnily enough that same shot at full size I thought was unflattering on this sculpt.

I'll wait till I have the figure in my hands before I pass any judgment about Yullis' sculpt. I think it looks fantastic so far, though.

Looks great but needs the sunglasses off to be truely accurate. :wink1:

And the grenade bandolier on the left shoulder with the grenade pointing upwards. :wink1:

Hopefully, she does have the time to change the sculpt. Off topic, but for one thing, I'll never forget Arnie Kim's dedication when he designed the Christopher Reeve Superman figure. A lot of people were unsatisfied with the first head-sculpt, but he listened to their critique and reworked it the best that he could. It's definitely one of Hot Toys' most realistic looking figures to date. Let's just hope that Yuli shows at least the same amount of dedication for this piece.

:goodpost:

I totally agree... I look at the MMS117 and at the DX10 and I can tell it is Arnold Schwarzenegger, not Stallone, not Van Damme!

So, there is no perfect likeness, therefore, no need to compare between 'em because it is a matter of personal favoritism here!
Some like the MMS head sculpt, others like the DX sculpt... in the end: they are both reflecting the Schwarzenegger image but they are both imperfect (100%) as they were made by a human not God!

However, I guess Hot Toys might improve the DX head sculpt a lil' since the photos show us a prototype not a final product!

There bound to be compared though, I'm not hating on this figure and I am excited to get this but imo mms117 is a better sculpt, and that should'nt be the case for a figure thats 2 years old, it should be an improvement especially with the dx logo and price attached.

Seriously? You guys think this sculpt misses the mark that much in the same way Indy did? I don't know. I look at the pics, and I see Arnold. If I look at a sculpt and can recognize the person I am looking at, then that's good enough for me. Not saying it's perfect but I don't think this is off in the same way that Indy was. :huh

It does look better than indy but there is something off on the sculpt, It looks great from some angles and bad in others, also the gap in the back of the head looks really bad and reallys makes this look cheap, hopefully these things will be fixed by the time it releases. In any case I have preordered this cause I'm a big fan of terminator and arnold. I just want to this to look right and not turn into an indy case, cause that would be a real shame.

There bound to be compared though, I'm not hating on this figure and I am excited to get this but imo mms117 is a better sculpt, and that should'nt be the case for a figure thats 2 years old, it should be an improvement especially with the dx logo and price attached.

It does look better than indy but there is something off on the sculpt, It looks great from some angles and bad in others, also the gap in the back of the head looks really bad and reallys makes this look cheap, hopefully these things will be fixed by the time it releases. In any case I have preordered this cause I'm a big fan of terminator and arnold. I just want to this to look right and not turn into an indy case, cause that would be a real shame.

Agreed. All I am saying is this sculpt is off to a much better start then the Indy sculpt. It looks like Arnold. As long as they fix the gap we both are worried about, I would be happy with the sculpt as is IMO. Of course if they made improvements to better the sculpt, I certainly wouldn't complain. Like with Superman, I was fine with the sculpt originally and was even more pleasantly surprised with the adjustments. Indy is the only one that disappointed me from beginning to end overall.

Agreed. All I am saying is this sculpt is off to a much better start then the Indy sculpt. It looks like Arnold. As long as they fix the gap we both are worried about, I would be happy with the sculpt as is IMO. Of course if they made improvements to better the sculpt, I certainly wouldn't complain. Like with Superman, I was fine with the sculpt originally and was even more pleasantly surprised with the adjustments. Indy is the only one that disappointed me from beginning to end overall.

:exactly: I think the problem is that this sculpt suffers from to many gimmics, I like the chip removal feature but I could live without the pers. Pers system is cool and works great with the batman figures but I rarely use the feature, just when I first get it to make sure it works, then thats it. I know at this point were gunna get it weather we want it or not, but if its going to hurt the sculpt than its not worth it.

:exactly: I think the problem is that this sculpt suffers from to many gimmics, I like the chip removal feature but I could live without the pers. Pers system is cool and works great with the batman figures but I rarely use the feature, just when I first get it to make sure it works, then thats it. I know at this point were gunna get it weather we want it or not, but if its going to hurt the sculpt than its not worth it.

:exactly::goodpost: The Pers in my opinion is the main thing that hurt Indy and gave his face a weird look. The black eye liner look under the eyes didn't help either. If the sculpt is good, then I don't care what else is there like you said. However if taking away that stuff improved the head sculpt, I too would be fine with that.

The T-800 did not wear sunglasses in that scene.

Reported to the SSF Accuracy Police.

I have been notified by many people. Please stop filling up my inbox guys. Rest assured the member will receive......correction.

The T-800 did not wear sunglasses in that scene.

Reported to the SSF Accuracy Police. Or is that only for Ledger Jokers?

Hey.... I already pointed out the sunglasses thing in an earlier post. :tap

:lol

Back