1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

So...is it perfect or is it imperfect? This comment suggests both.

The sculpt looks like a softer, prettier version of Arnold. In real life his cheekbones are bigger, bulkier, he has a more neanderthal look to him. Yuli flattened out his face and gave him an expression I don't remember ever seeing in T-2.

Pretty much! :lecture

I'm not really a big fan of Yuli's work. It would have been nice if some else like Arnie Kim, was working on this one.

Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 (movie scenes)

I was upset too when I first saw that it is not coming with a BD head!
But, after taking a look at the Neca T2 figures, and realizing that they make the figures after each scene from the movie (first T2 look - Cyberdyne - the steel mill) ...I think I am OK with this figure (cuz actually it represents both of the first look and Cyberdyne showdown figures) and that I should buy it as I've missed the first MMS one!
But also, because if I wait for the BD figure... :explode: I guess it won't have Arnold's face or his clothes in one piece! I mean, do I really want to display only one T2 figure that's battle damaged? :p It's not gonna be a Terminator in disguise like this.

So, I already bought the torn mechanical arm, the flower box and the sunglasses, as the first 2 accessories are missing from the DX figure and will be probably all missing from the awaited BD figure!

I will surly buy the BD figure when it is out...But, what do you think, guys: should I go for it 'n buy that so called DX10 now or should I wait 'n see the awaited BD figure to compare (but I still doubt its clothes won't be torn or that they will give it a non-damaged face)?

If you missed out on the first release than jump on this one for sure, especially if you want the undamaged look.

Pass on this and wait for the BD version if it bothers you... Simple. :lol

I was upset too when I first saw that it is not coming with a BD head!
But, after taking a look at the Neca T2 figures, and realizing that they make the figures after each scene from the movie (first T2 look - Cyberdyne - the steel mill) ...I think I am OK with this figure (cuz actually it represents both of the first look and Cyberdyne showdown figures) and that I should buy it as I've missed the first MMS one!
But also, because if I wait for the BD figure... :explode: I guess it won't have Arnold's face or his clothes in one piece! I mean, do I really want to display only one T2 figure that's battle damaged? :p It's not gonna be a Terminator in disguise like this.

So, I already bought the torn mechanical arm, the flower box and the sunglasses, as the first 2 accessories are missing from the DX figure and will be probably all missing from the awaited BD figure!

I will surly buy the BD figure when it is out...But, what do you think, guys: should I go for it 'n buy that so called DX10 now or should I wait 'n see the awaited BD figure to compare (but I still doubt its clothes won't be torn or that they will give it a non-damaged face)?

I say if you don't have the first one, then buying this one is a no brainer. However, like I've mentioned before, if you truely want to have all the options of displaying him either the Cyberdyne way or the first figures way, you need to get the black shirt as well.

You guys who wanna build the pescadero look probably should get on the Shotgun train pretty fast before prices go up

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+toys+t-800+shotgun&_sacat=See-All-Categories

edit: its included :D
I think it's not the shotgun that we should worry about as it comes twice with both the MMS117 and the DX10.

If you are buying the DX10, the flower box and the mechanical arm should be the most wanted accessories, IMO.

:cool: If you are skipping the DX10 and gonna wait for a BD figure, then, perhaps you should buy the sunglasses too cuz it is the only accessory I am not sure if they are gonna include with the BD figure or not!

If you are buying the DX10, the flower box and the mechanical arm should be the most wanted accessories, IMO.

This is what our lives will have become. Scouring eBay at 4 AM... "I need a tiny replica box of a dozen roses!!!" :yess:

Nope. I picked up lots of spares from Toy Anxiety ages ago. :yess:

This is what our lives will have become. Scouring eBay at 4 AM... "I need a tiny replica box of a dozen roses!!!" :yess:

Nope. I picked up mine at 10:15PM! :yess:

Do you guys think this one will be better than the original release? I like the old head sculpt better.

The more I look at this figure, I can't help but wonder if Yuli was focusing too much on the digital copy of Arnold's face from Terminator Salvation.

In my opinion, the head-sculpt looks more like this one instead of the Arnold from T2 (at least from the front shot).

T800burneeee.jpg

No figure is absolutly perfect, having said that, the're is room for improvements on this figure and it is and early proto, so wait 'till the final product is released.

No figure is absolutly perfect, having said that, the're is room for improvements on this figure and it is and early proto, so wait 'till the final product is released.

No but next to the Sideshow's and Enterbay's sculpt it is very-very weak. Actually the original T2 version never looked good IMO and this is no better than that.

No but next to the Sideshow's and Enterbay's sculpt it is very-very weak. Actually the original T2 version never looked good IMO and this is no better than that.

I agree that the dx10 sculpt is not quite there, but the mms117 is a better sculpt than this by far, not perfect like you say but very close. They really need to revise the dx10 or its gunna end up like the indy figure with a lot of passes. Indy was a whole new thing for them but this is gunna be compared to mms117 and enterbay and if it fails to top thoses it really should not be released.

I agree that the dx10 sculpt is not quite there, but the mms117 is a better sculpt than this by far, not perfect like you say but very close. They really need to revise the dx10 or its gunna end up like the indy figure with a lot of passes. Indy was a whole new thing for them but this is gunna be compared to mms117 and enterbay and if it fails to top thoses it really should not be released.

Seriously? You guys think this sculpt misses the mark that much in the same way Indy did? I don't know. I look at the pics, and I see Arnold. If I look at a sculpt and can recognize the person I am looking at, then that's good enough for me. Not saying it's perfect but I don't think this is off in the same way that Indy was. :huh

However, like I've mentioned before, if you truly want to have all the options of displaying him either the Cyberdyne way or the first figures way, you need to get the black shirt as well.

:exactly: Done!
Now, I have the mechanical arm, the box w/ roses and the black t-shirt! Thanks to eBayer m.y.online
:wink1: All what I am waiting for now is the DX10 itself!

:rolleyes2 Hopefully, I can find the Harley Davidson Fat Boy somewhere too!

WHAT?????????????? Wow do I have a different take on this! To each his own but I think the new sculpt is far superior!

Back