1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, dunno if I'd call it better but there are things I prefer on the DX10 head - shape of the face, the hairline, the less severe slope of the forehead in profile view, the length of the hair at the front. Everything else goes to DX13.

:rotfl

Yes, old toadface. Sadly those people were right. Even I can't take credit for that name. DX10's sculpt has problems but none as singularly bad as the issue with toadface. Hence my personal preference for DX10.

Toadface. :lol What a brilliant name.

When I first got into HT, it was a special time when they all practically looked perfect to me. I saw the mms117 proto pics and it looked good. Then I saw the in hand pics and finally, in person. Even as a HT virgin, I couldn't stomach the sculpt so I went with the Tech Noir version. Either something happened in the casting process or they inexplicably resculpted it to look less like Arnold. I wanted to like it but I couldn't.

Without a doubt something was lost from proto to production with MMS117.

Anyway, new pose time. Don't know what I'll go with yet. One of the two.

I kinda like the angle on this one.

View attachment 143408

Fellas, I've been eye-balling the DX 10 and the DX 13 side by side, we all know HT has utter hate against continuity, but the more I look at it,
The more I feel the DX10 is the better sculpt in comparison with the semi-BD DX 13 head.
I think the sculpt (and the overly thick bushy brow) on the semi-BD head gives too much of a Sympathetic expression.

What do you guys think ?

I always felt like the DX13 lips were a little too 'frowny' while the DX10 has a better, more neutral look. Other than that, I think the 13 does it better.

Toadface. :lol What a brilliant name.

Without a doubt something was lost from proto to production with MMS117.

Anyway, new pose time. Don't know what I'll go with yet.

''Battle-Toad'' was another variation someone came up with :lol

I like the shotgun-reload pose, reminds me of 2 moments in the film, when he's just knocked the T-1000 down for the first time and is standing over him and when he's sitting on the bike explaining the situation to John.

I find the DX10 is best posed with the face looking straight ahead. Anything that requires a head-turn starts to get a bit dodgy with the neck looking really unnatural.

Hmmm, dunno if I'd call it better but there are things I prefer on the DX10 head - shape of the face, the hairline, the less severe slope of the forehead in profile view, the length of the hair at the front. Everything else goes to DX13.

Agreed, the widow's peak in the Dx13 isnt just prominent and his forehead looks bulbous , head slightly too rounded. Anyway I'm not gonna complain with both of these superb figs.
Should they come up with another rendition of Uncle Bob with John Connor and a smirking head , I'd take those in aheart beat

Agreed, the widow's peak in the Dx13 isnt just prominent and his forehead looks bulbous , head slightly too rounded. Anyway I'm not gonna complain with both of these superb figs.
Should they come up with another rendition of Uncle Bob with John Connor and a smirking head , I'd take those in aheart beat

The thing about Terminator figures, the whole Clean/Battle-Damage thing alone takes up the maximum 2 head per figure quota - and so we never get alternate expressions. It's a pity because there's a few that I'd like for both T1 and T2.

Among them:

the severe asymmetric squint

Similar to that the T-800's version of ''oh no you didn't!!''

This or the 'Trust me' variant

Who could forget

There can only be one true Iron Man.

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg
Full_Size_Render_7.jpg

Just won one of these off ebay for under $200. Should be here Monday :yess:

Back