1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Here is my terminator collection so far, would like to buy at least two more Dx10 heads to replace the MMS head and the harley Neca head.
2m6juqc.jpg

WHOAH!!!:thud: Awesome wallet terminating collection man!!! :clap

thanks to you mate..:wink1:

I want that mod to work with the DX10 body though. You've got yours on the MMS body. I wonder will taking the hair in on the back make it that the sculpt can't fit that huge DX10 neck

I want that mod to work with the DX10 body though. You've got yours on the MMS body. I wonder will taking the hair in on the back make it that the sculpt can't fit that huge DX10 neck

yes maybe this difference it could be a problem...the dx neck is so huuuge....:lol

yes maybe this difference it could be a problem...the dx neck is so huuuge....:lol

The neck is frustrating. The body overall is an improvement on the old but the neck manages to be worse. One step forward, one step back. :slap

And as someone else pointed out, theres going to be compatibility problems with those new advanced muscle body TrueTypes if they have the same neck - not many headsculpts will work with such a stupidly bulky neck.

Yeah the neck movement (assuming that's what you're talking about) is a joke. Very stupid.

Yeah the neck movement (assuming that's what you're talking about) is a joke. Very stupid.

Its very stiff, not trying to make a dirty referance there. I mean isn't that what people complain about when you've got the head and neck sculpted as one - they say its too stiff looking and thats why they don't want that? Well heres a seperate head and neck and it still looks really stiff and really has bugger all movability. And it brings with it the unsightly gaps in an exposed area etc. For me its the most poorly executed part of an otherwise very very good figure.

Though in my post above I was thinking more of the bulk of the neck in profile - its a little thicker than the MMS neck. Looks fine from the front, not so fine from the side.

The lack of movement for the DX neck sucks. :( I agree with your idea of having a sculpted neck for Arnie too cause the shirt would hide the joint.

The lack of movement for the DX neck sucks. :( I agree with your idea of having a sculpted neck for Arnie too cause the shirt would hide the joint.

neckjawlinecomparison2Medium.jpg

neckjawlinecomparison1Medium.jpg

High-end super-realistic Arnie on the right. Low end toy Arnie on the left. And yet low end toy has a much better looking neck and jawline. People say the joint at the base of the neck would be 'too visible'....so what do they call that gap under the jaw and under the ear? Thats less visible?

Last edited:

neckjawlinecomparison2Medium.jpg

neckjawlinecomparison1Medium.jpg

High-end super-realistic Arnie on the right. Low end toy Arnie on the left. And yet low end toy has a much better looking neck and jawline. People say the joint at the base of the neck would be 'too visible'....so what the do you call that gap under the jaw and under the ear? Thats less visible?

:goodpost: Not only does the look improve likeness, but a hs with a sculpted neck would have more movement then the current one too.

:goodpost: Not only does the look improve likeness, but a hs with a sculpted neck would have more movement then the current one too.

And Enterbay did it too. Not quite as ugly as this area on the HT figure but theres still a seam. And it also messes with the likeness in profile.

And Enterbay did it too. Not quite as ugly as this area on the HT figure but theres still a seam. And it also messes with the likeness in profile.

I find it funny that Neca is the only Company that got the neck and hair right on Arnie. No gap or fro-hair. :lol

I find it funny that Neca is the only Company that got the neck and hair right on Arnie. No gap or fro-hair. :lol

Funny but mainly frustrating.

The other argument people use against a sculpted neck is that you couldn't display him shirtless - who cares? About 4 people on this forum would display an arrival scene T-800, me being one of them. And although SSF doesn't = everyone everywhere I do think its a pretty safe assumption that most people will have him clothed. So cater to that majority not to 4 wierdos! Plus we already had the MMS136 body to display naked if we wanted - and it makes a more aesthetically pleasing nude at that. This new body has shiny plastic ball shoulders and ugly double joint elbows which will take away from the realism of the nude body anyway. So whats another joint at the base of the neck in that scenario? Nothing.

The new DX10 proportions, an all-in-one head and neck accurate to Arnie's profile, make the back of his head flatter, the hair on top and at the fringe maybe a bit less neat and uniform (and arguably get rid of the PERS, though I've found it very useful) and you've got Arnold Schwarzennegger hit by Rick Moranis' shrinking ray gun.

happier with the figure every day. no bad sides already are seen, only good ones. a great improvement over MMS117 and forget i ever said anything opposite.

as for the "age", it seems to fully depend on light direction.

001_light.jpg
001_leds.jpg

001_light.jpg
001_leds.jpg

yes it does look younger in overall light, but, as T-800s from T1 and T2 were supposed to look absolutely similar in the first place, including "age"... no problem.

Very nice pics P.! :clap glad you're liking the sculpt!

Here is my terminator collection so far, would like to buy at least two more Dx10 heads to replace the MMS head and the harley Neca head.
2m6juqc.jpg
Awesome collection! really want the BD John Connor to represent Terminator Salvation

Funny but mainly frustrating.

The other argument people use against a sculpted neck is that you couldn't display him shirtless - who cares? About 4 people on this forum would display an arrival scene T-800, me being one of them. And although SSF doesn't = everyone everywhere I do think its a pretty safe assumption that most people will have him clothed. So cater to that majority not to 4 wierdos! Plus we already had the MMS136 body to display naked if we wanted - and it makes a more aesthetically pleasing nude at that. This new body has shiny plastic ball shoulders and ugly double joint elbows which will take away from the realism of the nude body anyway. So whats another joint at the base of the neck in that scenario? Nothing.

It is frustrating, but I have to laugh because there is always a stone unturned. Some flaw easily corrected, yet ignored. And your right about the new body looking better covered up. I just had the thought of doing an arrival scene with my new KP body, since T1 gear is gone. :wink1: I must be the 5th weirdo now. :lol

It is frustrating, but I have to laugh because there is always a stone unturned. Some flaw easily corrected, yet ignored. And your right about the new body looking better covered up. I just had the thought of doing an arrival scene with my new KP body, since T1 gear is gone. :wink1: I must be the 5th weirdo now. :lol

I'm one of those weirdo's you speak of, or aleast I will be when I get the proper arrival scene base:lol The figure itself is fine, yeah it can be nitpicked here and there but I think were all happy to have it, I know I am:)

I have a DX10 nude which I use for the arrival scene (I have the box set and bought two extra bodies and a head sculpt) and personally I have no problem with it. It looks great nude in my humble opinion. I ordered four of these bad boys today.....personally I am glad they didn't go with the connected neck...I have tried my Jake head sculpt, Bruce Lee head sculpt and even put a Leon head sculpt on it and I love the DX10 body....best 1/6 body to date (speaking for myself only) my only regret is they don't make an exact replica, but make it slimmer. I would buy at least six of those......

To be fair, yeah, we can't have it both ways. If he has to be slimmer for T2 then he also has to look older in the face. Again there are lines and wrinkles but they are perhaps too subtle and with this new 'soft sculpt' phenomenon the surface of the skin overall is smoother than the MMS. Its a matter of preferance on this issue. I think DX10 isn't so much younger than he ought to be as MMS117 looks older than he ought to be. Thus I prefer DX10. And for many other reasons besides.

Well put. Exactly how I feel about it. DX10 isn't as young as MMS117 is old therefore it's much more livable.

Still can't sell my MMS sculpt. :lol

Back