DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No new oil reports? Hot Toys seem to have resolved this issue by announcing a contentious DX release.

No ____, genius. If you don't realize the restrictions caused by the rubber upper body you deserve to have it ruined. :slap :cuckoo:

Well, captain obvious, does it state that you can't bend the elbows more than 30 degrees and leave them without damaging the suit in the instructions? Do they have a disclaimer that states your basic options are just leaving the figure in a relatively static pose or risk damaging the body? No. So those bending the elbows to make Hell Boy hold Big Baby, load the Samaritan, etc., will lead to cracking that HT doesn't warn you about. That's called quality control issues. You're taking knowledge you learned from the small, tight-knit community on this board for granted, and assuming the general public knows it as well, genius.

Nam: Do you have this figure? Just curious.

Commtech: I've already answered this question multiple times, which you'd already know if you'd been here participating and weren't here with the sole intent of provocation. Do you have anything to add to this thread other than instigatory trolling? Just curious.

Commtech: I've already answered this question multiple times, which you'd already know if you'd been here participating and weren't here with the sole intent of provocation. Do you have anything to add to this thread other than instigatory trolling? Just curious.

Wow.... All those assumptions from a simple question.

You need help, buddy.

Wow.... All those assumptions from a simple question.

You need help, buddy.

So it's provocation then. :lol Trolling reported. :wave

Though, to be fairly honest, your intent was clear from the first post, given there's no discussion here about an overpriced, inaccurate custom figure being released by an overhyped "artist."

Last edited:
He even went back and added to this thread to "inflict pain". Oh, poor thing. Must have a very interesting life going on.

[ame]https://youtu.be/wJ0Sxr2gvV8[/ame]

It's pathetic that you've had to lower yourself to trolling for "revenge." Now, if you're through with your failed attempt at provocation, we'd like to get back on topic with waiting for updates on the leakage. :wave

Well, captain obvious, does it state that you can't bend the elbows more than 30 degrees and leave them without damaging the suit in the instructions? Do they have a disclaimer that states your basic options are just leaving the figure in a relatively static pose or risk damaging the body? No. So those bending the elbows to make Hell Boy hold Big Baby, load the Samaritan, etc., will lead to cracking that HT doesn't warn you about. That's called quality control issues. You're taking knowledge you learned from the small, tight-knit community on this board for granted, and assuming the general public knows it as well, genius.

1.) if you don't have the intention of getting it, and do not have it, why are you here? How is this even affecting you?

2.) Since when do the "general public" shell out $200+ on Hot Toys? Most people haven't even heard of them.

1.) if you don't have the intention of getting it, and do not have it, why are you here? How is this even affecting you?

Please show me where I said I have no intentions of getting this. I had it on order and canceled as a result of the reports about leakage. If at a later date the leakage proves to be isolated, I won't hesitate to pick this up content with paying a potential mark-up. But right now, it's too soon to tell anything. So given that, I absolutely refuse to go through the leaking issue a third time and me buying this figure (which I really, really want) depends on how this situation turns out. I'm sorry you're incapable of determining that despite how obvious it is. :lol

2.) Since when do the "general public" shell out $200+ on Hot Toys? Most people haven't even heard of them.

Are you so naive as to assume that this board makes up 100%, let alone the majority of HotToys' customer base? :huh

Please show me where I said I have no intentions of getting this. I had it on order and canceled as a result of the reports about leakage. If at a later date the leakage proves to be isolated, I won't hesitate to pick this up content with paying a potential mark-up. But right now, it's too soon to tell anything. So given that, I absolutely refuse to go through the leaking issue a third time and me buying this figure (which I really, really want) depends on how this situation turns out. I'm sorry you're incapable of determining that despite how obvious it is. :lol

Are you so naive as to assume that this board makes up 100%, let alone the majority of HotToys' customer base? :huh

It's pretty much a handful of boards. Mostly international.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No, but are you so naive to think that this board is the only place where things like this are discussed.:dunno

Also, from what I gathered, even in the early pages of this thread, your intention was to gloat, I seem to recall you saying that you would laugh at those who bought the figure after seeing this thread when their figures started leaking.

It's pretty much a handful of boards. Mostly international.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

At the moment, yes. It's still too soon to determine anything though. :dunno

No, but are you so naive to think that this board is the only place where things like this are discussed.:dunno

So you're assuming every single person who bought this and will be buying this is aware of the leakage issues?

Also, from what I gathered, even in the early pages of this thread, your intention was to gloat, I seem to recall you saying that you would laugh at those who bought the figure after seeing this thread when their figures started leaking.

Nice attempt at bending my words, if you're going to paraphrase, at the very minimum, make sure you do it correctly. What I'd said is that I'd laugh at members who dismissed this issue as not serious and trolled those who took it so, if they experienced leakage issues later due to their own ignorance.

Last edited:

A little from column A and a little from column B.

I just don't understand why you're here is all. You don't own the figure, and until this issue is resolved,you have no intention of buying it, so what is the purpose of you being here?:dunno

I just don't understand why you're here is all. You don't own the figure, and until this issue is resolved,you have no intention of buying it, so what is the purpose of you being here?:dunno

At this point, given your question has been answered in detail, I'm guessing you're either really thick-headed or just being obstinate. :cuckoo:

Did you own any of the previous two leaking figures? Have you experienced this issue?

Back