DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you don't think that the DX02 thing was any different than this in the beginning? DiFabio has a better memory than me:

That really does sound different than this to me.

That's just one figure. Others had minor dripping and some had none.

Seriously? :lol What infraction?

Copied and pasted from my profile: "V!C's law - General unpleasantness and/or trolling" :monkey2 :lol

I read Maglor's initial post as it was intended. I think Rory just took it the wrong way. Rory, he just wanted an update on your figures as well as others who are experiencing the problem. This thread kind of got derailed for a few days and everyone is nervous about the Batman. We all want ____ing answers now even though their aren't any. Put your pumpkin head back on we need you.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I was there Nam, I was there! It wasn't minor spotting though. :lol

My memory has been a little off on the subject and I have been brushing up on it, trying to prep myself for problems, but I really don't think this is the same thing. I'm probably wrong but I swear crOw was one of the first to have oil on his DX 02 Batman, and it was all over his ab plates. That ____ would not stop leaking and boy was it abundant.

There was that POS V!C guy too, stating that everyone was full of crap about the head/ear deformities to the peeling and oil and that Hot Toys was perfect. More and more people from all over the globe started seeing this within weeks. It wasn't even out for a month. Those people you mentioned, the ones that brushed off the incident did so at a time where it was VERY obvious that there was an issue.

Yes, it was me. I'm actually kind of proud that I was the first to report it. :lol

It leaked like a sieve, and I had to wipe it off multiple times a day. I documented it pretty well, and no one ever called me a liar, so people are just getting a bit oversensitive here.

For the record, my DX09 is still bone dry. I think we're looking at a very isolated issue here, but still an issue nonetheless. It's so isolated, though, that people that don't even have the figure are severely overreacting.

Here's a pic I found. Mine got to this point within 2 weeks of arrival.

bd2.jpg

Compared to what happened with my DX02, the issues we're seeing with the DX09 at this point are miniscule. I've had mine since February 11, and have had zero issues. Aside from the cape chipping away at my sanity.

Yes, it was me. I'm actually kind of proud that I was the first to report it. :lol

It leaked like a sieve, and I had to wipe it off multiple times a day. I documented it pretty well, and no one ever called me a liar, so people are just getting a bit oversensitive here.

For the record, my DX09 is still bone dry. I think we're looking at a very isolated issue here, but still an issue nonetheless. It's so isolated, though, that people that don't even have the figure are severely overreacting.

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::cuckoo:

I got mine but didn't open it, won't be ale to for awhile. And I also got a spare body from TA I'm learning now. If the oil doesn't leak the rubber will tear. Or the body will snap.

It's going to happen. Hell my t2 broke last week and it was a pain to fix.

These figures are overpriced and have production flaws. It's as simple as that. If you don't have a problem now it's inevitable that one out of three of your figures will in the future.

Sorry to say, but that's not over reaction that's a proven fact form a guy like me who opens it poses it for an evening and then does not re pose it or handle it too much for months or even years.

And look at ones that self destruct regardless like the comedian.

By the time it happens, the figure will be old. Hot toys won't replace it and you won't be able to find it for cheap online.

I totally believe this is leaking now. I believe more will leak in the future and I believe many will never leak. Lots of pegs will break, limbs snap, rubber crack, tear And be forever permanently dented from holding poses.

This is not a new problem. Hot toys never really hold up in the past, why will they now?

I got mine but didn't open it, won't be ale to for awhile. And I also got a spare body from TA I'm learning now. If the oil doesn't leak the rubber will tear. Or the body will snap.

It's going to happen. Hell my t2 broke last week and it was a pain to fix.

These figures are overpriced and have production flaws. It's as simple as that. If you don't have a problem now it's inevitable that one out of three of your figures will in the future.

Sorry to say, but that's not over reaction that's a proven fact form a guy like me who opens it poses it for an evening and then does not re pose it or handle it too much for months or even years.

And look at ones that self destruct regardless like the comedian.

By the time it happens, the figure will be old. Hot toys won't replace it and you won't be able to find it for cheap online.

I totally believe this is leaking now. I believe more will leak in the future and I believe many will never leak. Lots of pegs will break, limbs snap, rubber crack, tear And be forever permanently dented from holding poses.

This is not a new problem. Hot toys never really hold up in the past, why will they now?

This has not been my experience in my 14 or so years of collecting.

I read Maglor's initial post as it was intended. I think Rory just took it the wrong way. Rory, he just wanted an update on your figures as well as others who are experiencing the problem. This thread kind of got derailed for a few days and everyone is nervous about the Batman. We all want ____ing answers now even though their aren't any.

Thanks Vortex. :1-1:

Put your pumpkin head back on we need you.

:lecture

Grouphug for Rory. :grouphug

That's just one figure. Others had minor dripping and some had none.

That may be true, but this thread is downright sleepy by comparison.

Is there no one here that has wiped the oil off to have it return a day later? Surly someone has something to report?!

Copied and pasted from my profile: "V!C's law - General unpleasantness and/or trolling" :monkey2 :lol

:lol Awesome.

Damn, this is scary. Scary at the fact it's 129 pages with 1,288 replies and 44,593 views. Plus the fact that it's been the dominating thread of this section for sometime now.

I can't see this figure getting ruined. Not unless it has thick overlapping rubber to start a chemical reaction like the DX02.

I agree. The only photos I've seen of oil on Keaton Bats were literally tiny little dots which, I think, were probably drool from people looking at this amazing fig :) The problems with Dx02 were pretty terrible but the Dx09 seem quite small. If someone can post some pics to prove me wrong then I will happily look at them. But a part of me kinda feels like some people actually enjoy having this oil problem to moan about.

So, i check my Batman and just like from day 1 there is just a slight rectangular impression from the tape used to cover the magnet on my suit and above that was a slightly darker line that doesn't rub off..its from the tape on the belt though, i'm sure of it...nothing leaking.

I think in most cases here, people are overracting about this.

These figures are overpriced and have production flaws.

this is only our fault because we still continue to buy at that ridicolous prices every day..we should to think before push the trigger...

I agree that HT 1/6 figures are expensive. But EVERYTHING else in the world is going up. So in general, HT have gone @ 25% in the 3 years I've been collecting them. If they are too expensive, don't buy. If you don'y like the quality, don't buy. Ever Rory, has stated he would still have bought an 89 Batman knowing it was going to leak. I'll never understand people that complain because they have nothing better to do. I far from thing HT figure or the company is perfect. But I CHOOSE to spend my money on their figures because NO ONE ELSE IS MAKING THEM ANYWHERE NEAR THE QUALITY THAT THEY ARE. And I am sure there will be people who say Enterbay does. And that may be the case. But they aren't producing enough of the characters that I like. Plus, people are BI$#HING about them too.

I agree that HT 1/6 figures are expensive. But EVERYTHING else in the world is going up. So in general, HT have gone @ 25% in the 3 years I've been collecting them. If they are too expensive, don't buy. If you don'y like the quality, don't buy. Ever Rory, has stated he would still have bought an 89 Batman knowing it was going to leak. I'll never understand people that complain because they have nothing better to do. I far from thing HT figure or the company is perfect. But I CHOOSE to spend my money on their figures because NO ONE ELSE IS MAKING THEM ANYWHERE NEAR THE QUALITY THAT THEY ARE. And I am sure there will be people who say Enterbay does. And that may be the case. But they aren't producing enough of the characters that I like. Plus, people are BI$#HING about them too.

Get use to it, it's what people do here.

So what about the people who _____ about people _____ing? :dunno :lol

Add something meaningful!!!

Considering this is a board for TOYS, I WILL STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COMPLAINERS, WHEN THEY HAVE SOMETHING REAL TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

I love my 89 Keaton. If it starts to leak, I'll deal with it. I'm not going to cry conspiracy therory or BI@#H about how much I spent on it, and them turn right around and buy the next rubber suit that comes out.

Its old. I've been on these boards for almost a year and every thread has the same crappy posts from the same cry babies.

WRONG COLOR, TOO SHORT, WA WA WA

Get a life! Their toys.

Whats the purpose in non stop complaining? Someone answer that for me?

Back