DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny-captions-lolz-you-haz-failed.jpg

I thought it was established with the DX02 that the oil leak wasn't related to a "reaction" between the belt and the suit. Am I wrong?

So why is removal of the tape over the magnet necessary? or is it?

It's a seperate issue from the oil issue. But this thread is about "residue" on his abdominal area. Some of us have tape/glue residue on our figures instead of (in addition to?) oil. The glue does damage the rubber so I removed the tape. :)

scan0036.jpg

Batman doesnt yet realise he is a defective Hot Toys product, suspects that the oil came from Joker's heel.

Denial is a powerful thing​

Epic post.

BTW, what's the current count of people with actual oil leaking out of there figures?

1) Rory

2) ...

I know there was at least one other person...

residue thread converted to lolcat thread. :yess:

pixletwin will be proud :lol

The awesome spreads! :hi5:

BTW, what's the current count of people with actual oil leaking out of there figures?

1) Rory

2) ...

I thought you had reported a leak on your figure.

Again, it appears to be glue from the tape on mine and a couple others, not oil.

It's a seperate issue from the oil issue. But this thread is about "residue" on his abdominal area. Some of us have tape/glue residue on our figures instead of (in addition to?) oil. The glue does damage the rubber so I removed the tape. :)

:lecture

Just asking, Is this dilemma affecting your view on HT as a whole? I am curious to find out because for this to happen again is a little ridiculous.

Oh yeah:

So far 5 figures from 4 collectors have experienced oil secretions,

1. Rory (1st Batman0
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

13 collectors have checked and claimed to have not had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi
10. Cocoboloboy
11. Karnis
12. preeny101
13. mikericm

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

Will be interesing to see if this becomes as wide-spread as the DX02 leak...

____me! This is what I get for not logging in since Fri. 61 pages about oil leaking on 89 Batman. And folks were doubting me when I posted a pic weeks ago of oil on the shoulder and then said I didn't notice any more. I swear if I get home and look at it and there's any oil, it's going back. What is SSC's return policy as in days to return?

Did you ever get to check the abs?

Of course it is, I think this confirms their complete lack of regard for their customers.

I assumed so, the least they could do is have like a warranty or something. Truthfully, I foresaw this whole debacle and it was one of the main reasons i stayed away from this figure. However, I am grabbing TDKR Bats anyway because i just love that design. :lol

48 hours since I noticed the shinny spot on mine, just rechecked it and nothing new.
I did however notice the glue issue off to the side. That was 110% not related to the shinny spot I found a couple days ago. The glue didn't just wipe of like the shinny spot did.

So...yeah. Thats all I have to report.

Any new reports?

1) Rory

2) ...

Updated a bit,

So far 6 figures from 5 collectors have experienced oil secretions,

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)
6. schokolade

2 figures/2 collectors are unsure if it's oil or simply tape residue from the glue of the belt (left side around magnet),

1. Maglor
2. UltraMarknus

20 collectors have checked and claimed to have not had signs of oil so far,

1. Myself
2. Jye
3. Evilface
4. Batty
5. PJW
6. Custo
7. highlander1
8. zeelhar
9. IrishJedi
10. Cocoboloboy
11. Karnis
12. preeny101
13. mikericm
14. Natrix
15. Guyver (If anyone had oil I thought for sure it would be this guy)
16. tommyh84
17. cr0w
18. T-?
19. Mr. EcKo
20. DGTWoodward

I've checked facebook, onesixthwarriors and a few Asian message boards but so far, we freaks are the only ones that seem to be experiencing problems. I'm sure that will change once more collectors become aware.

I want to see how figures from the following collectors are holding up,

Maulfan
Michael Crawford
OMG (especially considering he was basically the first owner)
TheClipperKing
Sallah

Just checked mine again thoroughly and the waist is still very dry. No oil and nothing suspicious on the belt or by the magnet.

I was tempted to cut around the abs to see if there's anything under there but didn't want to mess with the condition of it since it hasn't leaked.

I do notice that the yellow paint on the back of the belt flakes easily. My waist had a few yellow dots that I had to brush off.

Last edited:
Back