DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Two weeks now and still no oil - the tissue seems to be working a treat for mine so far. Just hope it continues!
1-5.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-2.jpg

Love that last pic. 2 weeks ago you got it then? was it that day you stuffed it?

Glad to hear it worked for you SFA. Mine still hasn't stopped totally so I think I'm going to try again with the towels some time this weekend. I might just not have enough.

BTW, is the secondary belt (the one SFA is using in his pics) tighter than the other one for everyone else? I can get it on there but it's a much tighter fit, and I'm afraid it'll make the oil seep worse.

Love that last pic. 2 weeks ago you got it then? was it that day you stuffed it?
I've actualy had the figure since December, but I first stuffed it 2 weeks ago after reading about doing that on here somewhere.
Before that it was leaking, but not as much as others have done. Perhaps stuffing the figure with kitchen towel only works if you didn't have much oil to begin with... that's assuming this is a permanent fix anyway - fingers crossed that it is!
I've been enjoying the figure a hell of a lot more since I haven't been wiping and staring at the abs all the time!
anti-hero - my pouch belt is also a very tight fit, takes me a while to get it fastened properly whenever I remove it.

I found CS friendly if a little automated. Standard answers sent out to many. And yes I had two other minor faults, a tiny flash of back molding in the eye socket and a slightly dodgy seam on the cape. I contacted them mainly about the oil though. I think if you keep replying to their mails (friendly, respectful but strong) You seem to get somewhere with them. I have not received my DX02 back yet but I will post when I see how I get on.

Best of luck with yours.

One more question for ya, (if you're in the US) how much did it cost you to ship your defective figure back to them?

One more question for ya, (if you're in the US) how much did it cost you to ship your defective figure back to them?

Not in the US, but it cost me about 10euro, 13$ to send it from europe to china, recorded delivery. Can't imagine it would be a lot more from US?

Good luck with it.

is there a group of peeps here from the far east that own the faulty leaky dx batman? i'm too scared of picking up mine from my lcs. i haven't heard of any problems yet by the collectors in Manila so fingers crossed.. but still, can't help but be very careful.

:blackbat

is there a group of peeps here from the far east that own the faulty leaky dx batman? i'm too scared of picking up mine from my lcs. i haven't heard of any problems yet by the collectors in Manila so fingers crossed.. but still, can't help but be very careful.

:blackbat

im from manila bro! actually we also get the same issue here but because of the sponge technique, my bats hasnt been leaking for 5 weeks now, eventhough the abs are a bit shiny, its all ok, mine is from the second btach by the way,,

You are selling faulty DX02s on eBay for over the normal price as Fault Free. You should be ashamed of yourself. What a juvenile and selfish thing to do. Good luck in the collectors COMMUNITY...

Yeah, that is rather despicable, especially after vehemently
claiming that all of his figures were flawless and problem
free, then the next minute he's demanding them to be replaced
after an auction was set up claiming to the contrary, along
with a considerably high mark up price with no option of
return.
"
You're a joke and if you took your lips off of Hot Toys long enough you'd see that you don't even qualify for Jr. Woodchuck status..YOU BUILD BRIDGES FOR A LIVING?!?!?!?!:horror

:lol:lol

Last edited:
Two weeks now and still no oil - the tissue seems to be working a treat for mine so far. Just hope it continues!

Hi buddy

Can i ask if this is any special kind of tissue or am i presuming that is just tissue paper your referring to?

Could you possibly take any pictures to show me what you have done? I really want to stop my leaky bats

Thanks

Hi buddy

Can i ask if this is any special kind of tissue or am i presuming that is just tissue paper your referring to?

Could you possibly take any pictures to show me what you have done? I really want to stop my leaky bats

Thanks
Hi Manji,
It's not a special type of tissue at all, in fact it's plain old toilet tissue (we call it toilet roll in the UK) I used :lol
I think a few others on here have used kitchen roll (kitchen paper?) too.

This might sound stupid but I don't really want to take any photos of what I've done to my actual figure 'cos he's in a pose I really love at the moment and don't want to have to disturb him incase I can't recreate it lol
I've made a little diagram that I hope illustrates what I've done well enough though...

2-3.jpg

bddfdb1f.jpg

As you can see there are 2 seperate pieces to the suit. The upper armour/torso piece and the lower armour/torso piece.
According to HT, their best guess is that the 2 seperate pieces touching are what's causing the leaking, so the best solution is to stop them touching.
The method I used is basicaly just inserting a few pieces of folded tissue under the upper armour piece (just underneath where the abs are) and making sure it covers most of the area where those two seperate pieces of rubber meet.
I can't take credit for this method, another member on here first came up with this solution, but it has worked very well for mine so far.
I know a few others have tried it and it hasn't worked too, so there's no guarantee it will work for yours.
Good luck with yours though Manji I hope it helps you!

Yeah, that is a real nice pose. So then, when's The Dark Knight cartoon series coming out then? :D

Just over a week now. I think things are looking up with the repair.

dscf9308.jpg

dscf9312.jpg

Last edited:
Vodoun, I don't know what the factors are that lead to it, but your photos of this figure really have some wonderfully flattering light and color qualities, the blacks and the greys just look brilliant, those are photos of him laying in the box and there's still something amazing about the photo quality.

Hi Manji,
It's not a special type of tissue at all, in fact it's plain old toilet tissue (we call it toilet roll in the UK) I used :lol
I think a few others on here have used kitchen roll (kitchen paper?) too.

This might sound stupid but I don't really want to take any photos of what I've done to my actual figure 'cos he's in a pose I really love at the moment and don't want to have to disturb him incase I can't recreate it lol
I've made a little diagram that I hope illustrates what I've done well enough though...

2-3.jpg

bddfdb1f.jpg

As you can see there are 2 seperate pieces to the suit. The upper armour/torso piece and the lower armour/torso piece.
According to HT, their best guess is that the 2 seperate pieces touching are what's causing the leaking, so the best solution is to stop them touching.
The method I used is basicaly just inserting a few pieces of folded tissue under the upper armour piece (just underneath where the abs are) and making sure it covers most of the area where those two seperate pieces of rubber meet.
I can't take credit for this method, another member on here first came up with this solution, but it has worked very well for mine so far.
I know a few others have tried it and it hasn't worked too, so there's no guarantee it will work for yours.
Good luck with yours though Manji I hope it helps you!

Hey matey

:lol:lol:lol plain old tissue paper i think i have some of that lying around :lol:lol:lol

Thank you so much mate! I will certainly have a go at this tonight! Really crossing my fingers and you will certainly know which way it goes for me

Thanks again buddy

Vodoun, I don't know what the factors are that lead to it, but your photos of this figure really have some wonderfully flattering light and color qualities, the blacks and the greys just look brilliant, those are photos of him laying in the box and there's still something amazing about the photo quality.

I guess it really does depend on the lighting to a camera? That was taken in the front room where there's a mammoth window letting in natural light. Good crisp light? :s

The past photos from the back room has a tiny window but seems to create such grainy pictures no matter what settings I use.

is this leaking problem causing damage or is it just unsightly and annoying?
Also is it easy cleaned or is it very sticky

is this leaking problem causing damage or is it just unsightly and annoying?
Also is it easy cleaned or is it very sticky

well i think the boys here at the forum has covered this pretty comprehensively but then i can see that going over 120 pages worth of posts is nerve-wracking! :lol

some guys here have had the lower rubber suits on their DX get sort of liked "burned out" with the chemicals in the oil affecting the rubber to a great extent. but then, 90% is really just the annoying, irritating and just :banghead that you paid over $170 for a figure that is below quality!!! :mad:

and as what the folks here have said, from toilet paper to paper towels, it can be cleaned pretty easy but the number of times that you have to clean it varies. that's why we just put the tissues inside the upper level suit. hope this helps!

are you getting one? :banana:banana:banana

are you getting one? :banana:banana:banana

Thanks

At first yes but then I found out about the problems so said no. Then I seen the latest photo's on the official thread here and the detail on him is flipping amazing.

So now I think it's worth putting up with to have such a cracking figure :emperor

Back