DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
From eddie's post on mediworld his replacement is still oil free. Still no problems.

When he got his replacement, he thought he might be able to stop the leaking on his display figure by placing a sheet of plastic film between the two suit pieces, but it didn't work, so he put a piece of kitchen towel there instead.
I don't think placing the film on his display fig would have been sufficient and timely if the oil is due to a chemical reaction between the two parts of the suit. I don't think this chemical reaction would instantly come to a halt if it had been occurring for a month or two.

Some of the posts here are confusing me, but it seems, from eddie's posts and blog, his replacement from hot toys is still fine. Unless he comes back and posts clear pics and his so called 3rd batman unboxing vid, I'm inclined to believe that.

Speaking of Johnnyr. He seems like good fella, but he's new to the hobby and I think his seller just sold him batch 2 figs and lied. The only way to be sure any batman fig is from the latest batch/revision is to get it from hot toys as a replacement or DCD release.

Last edited:
Mine are still oil free one is positioned on the Batpod so that one should have leaked if it was going to. I have a Third still boxed up I was thinking about opening it and checking but my seller said it was from the same batch and he has been right so far.

No it's not a write off, but San was trying to assess whether or not this latest batch that heighan's replacement and Johnnyr's figures are supposed to be from is truly fixed at HT's production level, which is why I mentioned Eddie's figure. We can't know for sure, but you would think his replacement is coming from the same run as Johnnyr's figures and heighan's, so for his to show the leaking is relevant to say that there hasn't been a consistent, not leaking prognosis from these recently received figures.

The photographic evidence shows otherwise.

Mine are still oil free one is positioned on the Batpod so that one should have leaked if it was going to. I have a Third still boxed up I was thinking about opening it and checking but my seller said it was from the same batch and he has been right so far.

You frankly haven't owned them long enough to make any sort of assessment either way (it can take up to a month to start). But then you know this already.

Funny that he thinks squeezing it is the cause. Plus that figure wont last long all bunched up like that. Not only that the paint coating it has is very delicate. So any big wrinkles will go for it. According to someone on facebook the armpit has already ripped on his and he doesn't do any extreme poses.

What if Hot Toys fixes the "problem" and the rubber on the new non-leaking Batman figures starts detetorating after a year or two?

I don't know what you are talking about Nam you are the most ignorant person I have seen on a forum in a long time. Almost everything you type is either false or just dumb. I see the figures everyday why would I lie there is no reason to if they leaked I would be on here pissed. And I don't think squeezing the figure would make it leak the fact the the figure is almost laying on it's stomach gravity would have the oil coming out if it was going to. I was told they would not leak and so far my seller was right so get over it! These are high priced toys don't take them so seriously.

Johnny better read back all his very own posts in this thread before he starts calling people ignorant, false or dumb.

This isn't the first time he chooses what he responds to or ignores.

That is why people are taking it seriously, because of the cost of these figures. If it was a $15 NECA figure, people'd throw it out and move on.

The man just doesn't have common sense or he wouldn't be making those statements.

I don't know what you are talking about Nam you are the most ignorant person I have seen on a forum in a long time. Almost everything you type is either false or just dumb. I see the figures everyday why would I lie there is no reason to if they leaked I would be on here pissed. And I don't think squeezing the figure would make it leak the fact the the figure is almost laying on it's stomach gravity would have the oil coming out if it was going to. I was told they would not leak and so far my seller was right so get over it! These are high priced toys don't take them so seriously.

Well, if you can take a close up photo of your batman/s people on here will probably get off your back about it. If you're telling the truth, what could it hurt, right?

Personally I've got nothing against you. I have my replacement body and so far all is good. I'm too busy and worried keeping an eye on it. However, others on here who are waiting for a replacement, considering a replacement, and even considering a purchase with the DCD roll out are just passionately curious about whether the oil issue has been resolved. Afterall, these figs are expensive and before these people take the risk of purchasing a figure, or seek a replacement from HT, they just want some assurance. I guess what also interests people is your seller's claim that they are third batch figs. your seller may be telling the truth, but photographic evidence says a lot more. These peeps are just looking for some hope and I think a photo will restore a bit of confidence in this figure.

"...you are the most ignorant person I have seen on a forum in a long time..."

IronyMeterSplode.jpg

In just about every thread you've posted in, pretty much, the responses to your posts say that exact thing about you. :rolleyes: Now I could resort to petty name calling and go on an incessant rant but instead, surprisingly, I'd rather just point out a few things and let this go...

Fact. These figures leak anywhere from out of the box up to a month. You HAVE NOT EVEN owned yours that long.

Fact. You've been collecting now for what, three weeks and you think you're an HT expert? There are many, MANY people here who've owned the figures longer than you.

Fact. It's ED-209, not DE209. Or are you incapable of reading the bigassed white letters on the box?

Irony. You claim yours have no issues, yet you took a picture of one that is leaking. You also claim yours are perfect yet seem to want to pawn them off suspiciously quick and have stated untruths in your item description.

Dude, in the end, you're in the minority and in the dark. From day one, you haven't had a ____ing clue as to what you're talking about and can't even get one ____ing story straight. You're a joke and if you took your lips off of Hot Toys long enough you'd see that you don't even qualify for Jr. Woodchuck status... Jesus Christ, YOU BUILD BRIDGES FOR A LIVING?!?!?!?! :horror

Last edited:
i've just received my DX from a local seller. it has the 'oily' problem but what's worst is the rubber on the pants is melted. this is the picture of how it looks. i'm very pi***d right now with Hot Toys QC. i've been collecting HT since POTC line and it's fine until this _____***g BAD MAN arrive.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTQtMjAxMDAzMzAtMDUzN.jpg

What has happened to Hot Toys. Surely they have to be getting a wake up call now with this with dealers returning them. Nearly April and still blunders.

Why wasn't the figure tested with new rubber.

That's a first, and quite ugly.

yup, i can't stand to look at him, so he has to stay in his box until i get a reply email from hot toys.

does it have the plastic inbetween the shirt and pants

what plastic? do you have any picture?

I think they're more concerning about quantity than quality nowadays. There should be other company making 1/6 license figure so HT will keep their quality. For example, when they make godfather, they have enterbay as their rival. In the end, HT will try to keep their QC to make us (consumer) buy their product, even the packaging is absolutely great.

You know, looking at this, we represent a VERY SMALL margin of their market. If there are that many ____-ups among us, I wonder how bad this issue really is.

Back