DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Ohhhhhhh that is nice :D. I guess sometimes adding. Frame actually makes a case even nicer :D. Another thing to try :lol

Geil, how shortly after did Eric's experiment with that clear flat acrylic take before it penetrated it again?

It resurfaced probably a day or two after lightly but was back in full force a day after that :(

4 days since I got my replacement and no oil yet. My original started leaking very small amounts on the abs and had oil developing on the shoulder armour in the same time frame.

congrats Helghan. hope the replacement one is really oil-free!

Mee too. The belt sticks to the body a bit because of the warm temperature. Might put a bit of kitchen towel or something between the belt and the suit just to protect the paint.Also, I might just leave the belt off in summer as I don't want it to deform the rubber. I had a hot toys robocop and the stand squeezed the rubber on its abdomen and it wasn't pretty to look at.

Apart from that, no sign of oil so far.

5 days now if I remember correctly since I plugged it for a second time.

Upon inspecting it's forcing it out on the lower kevlar piece but it's so minute I decided just to leave it. As those kevlar pieces are somewhat shiny on it's own so I'll leave it and see what happens. It's not even thick at all.

dscf9282c.jpg

dscf9296.jpg

The areas roughly where it is ever so slightly coming out. You'd need a magnifying glass to see it. Kind of like small smears or beads of sweat.

dscf9296copy.jpg

Helghan, glad to see your body is doing well.

So has anyone with the new body, so called 3rd batch, experience any oil yet??

Eddie Wong was sent a replacement that leaked, and it had the film on the inside of the suit that the replacements have been showing up with. The only other reports of received replacements or new batch figures are Johnnyr and heighan.

so we have One good (Heighan) one bad (Eddie Wong) and one shade-ster. So it is still unconfirmed. Ughhh

Even if all 3 were the same story, I don't think we could consider it confirmed for quite some time. It's nice to know some aren't having the problem right out of the box, but we've seen people have the oil problem start after a month, I think you need like 2 months of the figure being oil free to really feel that it's resolved, which at this point will lead right up until DCD ships out their stock.

Yeah. I'm kinda glad STEEL botched on our deal. It saved me from this greasy mess. get it... greasy mess. HAHA... ok now back to our regularly schedule program....

:monkey1

10 characters of beer on the wall.

Eddie took that clear film out and shoved some flattened kitchen roll up both his figures like mine.

eddieintokyo said:
3/20/2010, 12:47 pm
OK, that film underneath the abs totally didn't work. I've now shoved some kitchen towel up his belly like Voudon.

The kevlar arm pads, the paint is beginning to get damaged - can see the semi-circle shape of the shoulder pads on it. The oil on the arms is not coming from the shoulder pads as I originally thought, its coming from underneath the arm pads itself (I put a piece of clingfilm on it last night to stop the shoulder pad from touching the arm pads. The oil is under the cling film which means its the arm pads themselves leaking).

eddieintokyo said:
3/24/2010, 7:38 am
Replacement body, still oil free.

Old body, I did what voudon suggested - shoved some kitchen towel up the belly. Oil is clearing up. I'd say in another day or two, it's be oil free...

Are you posting that to show Eddie getting the problem to go away, if so, still doesn't change that his replacement showed up showing it, his figure wasn't fixed at a manufacturing level and can't be used to gauge if HT's fixed the problem.

Yeah, thats why I posted it but it's not as if it was a complete write off.

Though can you blame him? I got sick of it as much as Eddie did. Dabbing it daily.

As much as I would love to send it back, it's the hassle of shipping charges and the possibility of getting stung with import custom fees. Then the lengthly wait from Hot Toys or worst yet get a replacement body that ends up just with the same problem a month down the road.

It's a pure gamble for me.

No it's not a write off, but San was trying to assess whether or not this latest batch that heighan's replacement and Johnnyr's figures are supposed to be from is truly fixed at HT's production level, which is why I mentioned Eddie's figure. We can't know for sure, but you would think his replacement is coming from the same run as Johnnyr's figures and heighan's, so for his to show the leaking is relevant to say that there hasn't been a consistent, not leaking prognosis from these recently received figures.

Back