DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Maul, is it greasy at all? like baby oil or light oil for like model trains as an example, any smell?

Funny... I was playing with my OC Batman (I was futzing... it's not as if I make my figures fight or talk but I think the word "play" should be used a lot more around here) and moved his belt only to see a little oily residue... This has to be coming from the rubber seeping some sort of excess oil.

Mine has been spreading this f..... residue since I opened.

Prchased on january and is from the first Batch.Not rubbing problems until now, but man the oil is really annoying :sick

I use to clean the residue two times per day, if not..the four absominal plates would be soaked

Sounds like a really annoying problem. Especially considering the cost of entry on these things. I might just hold off on pulling the trigger on future rubber Hot Toys products (300, likely Avatar) until in hand reports come in.

Maul, is it greasy at all? like baby oil or light oil for like model trains as an example, any smell?

For me, it's bizarre, I can feel the armor is slicker, as if it were glossed over with paint gloss, but it doesn't feel like there's fluid on the surface. It's weird to me that I can wipe it away because as far as I can see, there's nothing wiping away, there's nothing on the cloth I wipe with to go, that was once on my figure and now it's on the cloth. Some photos I've seen though, it does look like hefty fluid build up. Again, I've been cleaning mine fairly regularly to do photos and such, probably more than people just displaying. I'm not going to bother now, I've initiated the replacement process so maybe in a day or so I'll have the same fluid buildup as others.

I have not been wiping away using any cloth but actually been using those facial oil sucking papers :p and I can clearly see that it is not just water as it is not evaporating over time. Since I am not wiping anything off but simply push the paper onto the rubber surface I don't think my paints been deteriorating but I gotto check tonight. I will be going over to Toys2 tonight to discuss this with Eric further but I will consider the option of replacement ones I do some more testing

I know what you mean Maulfan. I can't see any residue on the cloth or my fingers if I try to wipe it away. It takes the tinyest wipe to remove all the moisture so I guess that there isn't actually much on the amour. :confused:

Exactly it for me, I don't go, oh there's moisture all over my Batman, I just look at it and the one armor plate is glaringly shinier and jet black and it looks really stupid, I might even ignore if at least both bottom plates were like that so it'd look intentional, but where it's the one, it just looks defective.

If Hot Toys would investigate and perhaps even be able to say it's something trapped in the armor from the production process that is being brought to the surface, it'll eventuall disappear and just leave it alone, I would do so. That the only answer they've given is wipe it away and now that answer causes the paint to get worn off because you have to keep wiping if you want it gone or to look gone, has really set me off.

That's why I say everyone should just arrange to get replacements, if they can't be bothered enough to really address it, let them get flooded with returned figures for the same problem and then they'll stop ignoring it. Everyone returned the warped heads and flaking paint figures in mass numbers and it got dealt with, it seems like maybe not enough is being done in regards to this ab problem to give them the hint.

How about some cotton wool to absorb it? leave it wedged in front of belt so it soaks it up rather than wiping it all the time.

Problem is, I get it where the belt isn't, that's why I feel like tying it to the belt in anyway doesn't seem likely, behind the belt is fine, it happens above it.

Bottom line, I don't care if you could attach felt, stick oil paper, this that or the other. Hot Toys should make this figure so that such things aren't necessary, and rather than go nuts trying to come up with a solution, I think they should just be held responsible.

May I offer a suggestion? Perhaps, for all of you who have just received your Batman DXs, DO NOT WIPE your Batman DXs with the oil area - perhaps, over time (maybe it will take months), the oil will dry up. I don't know but it might work - who knows.

I'm not wiping mine down. I have little but frequent oil build up so I think myself lucky in a sense. HT needs to sort themselves out.

May I offer a suggestion? Perhaps, for all of you who have just received your Batman DXs, DO NOT WIPE your Batman DXs with the oil area - perhaps, over time (maybe it will take months), the oil will dry up. I don't know but it might work - who knows.

Problem is, no one knows, and you don't have an infinite time frame to deal with returning him either. Since i've had a fair ammount of photo fun already, if I get a replacement and it shows the same thing, I will leave it be and see long term how it goes, and by the DCD batch, I'll see if it's improved or whatever and if not, if it seems the DCD batch is trouble free, I'll chance buying a second then. The way things are right now, all the options are a gamble, and I don't like it. HT really needs to figure out the cause for us.

Someone posted about it on their Facebook page and HT actually responded but just said contact CS, I left a lengthy post stating nicely, that CS was basically useless and that it's a serious problem that needs exploring.

:horror Reasoning? Indeed...

Maybe that's why some are getting flaked and damaged, because of the constant finicking of the oil. Let it be and don't irritate the rubber and see what occurs.

Maybe that's why some are getting flaked and damaged, because of the constant finicking of the oil. Let it be and don't irritate the rubber and see what occurs.

For once I agree with you!

I said much the same thing in the DX Batman thread.

If I get mine and it has the leaking issue I will try to control the oil wiping as much as possible. Some people are wiping the oil every few hours. Maybe try once a week?

Who knows in a few months it may be gone!

You don't know, that's why people are pestering Hot Toys. It's all a guessing game to resolve, and for $200, Hot Toys should figure it out for us.

Did you pay $200 for it? If so, is it because you're getting it early?

You don't know, that's why people are pestering Hot Toys. It's all a guessing game to resolve, and for $200, Hot Toys should figure it out for us.

Believe me, I am not picking a fight. I totally agree that Hot Toys is dropping the ball here and they need to address the issue.

But if it comes down to almost an entire batch being effected, they aren't seriously going to replace all of the bad ones. Thus some people (probably including myself) are going to have to find a way to deal with it unfortunately.

It seems the best thing to do in that case is leave it be as much as can be tolerated, wiping it as sparingly as possible so as not to damage it, and then hope that it eventually goes away on its own.

No, at this point nobody can know when that will be, if ever...

...the whole situation just sucks, but I am committed to buying this figure and I want to be mentally prepared for how I am going to deal with the oil problem.

I do think that the more people that contact Hot Toys about this and complain, the more likely it is that the problem will be fixed by the 3rd batch, which will benefit me!!! :D

And MaulFan, your corispondence has been excellent!

Maybe we need a form letter that everyone with this problem can send to Hot Toys!

Back