DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Sorry if someone told that but what is the cause for this problem? When I bought mine in a store, I opened the first and he was with this paint problem (oil), I opened a second and he was perfect...
But it's a manufactured problem or a belt problem ?
Thanks.

Ok guys I've got a problem now, after one week now I've got the paint problem... WTF ??? Is it the belt because I withdrew the plastic around the belt and after that in one week and still in the box the oil was in 4 muscles..
I want to know what's going on with this figure..

I just got mine bout two days back....took it out of the box, looks fantastic nothing. put it back into the box.

Just took it out....n tada, the oil has appeared!!!

Balls to HT!

Anyone think it might have something to do with the glue that they use to seal the top and bottom suit pieces together? If it's anything like the v1 isn't that where the glue was? If so it's probably rushed out from te factory before the glue dries and it's in the air or out in the cold so the chemicals don't mix properly. Does it have a sort of epoxy type smell to it?

With flash
4351518602_f95476b308_o.jpg

Without flash
4351518716_ce072bcfbf_o.jpg

The oil is obvious and it's just two days after opening....I kept believing that they will fixed it for the batches that are going to the international customers.....but this seems like a whole new problem.

Anyone think it might have something to do with the glue that they use to seal the top and bottom suit pieces together? If it's anything like the v1 isn't that where the glue was? If so it's probably rushed out from te factory before the glue dries and it's in the air or out in the cold so the chemicals don't mix properly. Does it have a sort of epoxy type smell to it?

No, This version they did not glue the two parts together

No, This version they did not glue the two parts together

I checked mine today, and both parts are glued at the back (or melted ? duno :confused:) however looks separated at the front.

The abdominal plates residue looks shiny, but seems dry when you touch it , neverthless stains if you wipe the residue with cloth..,very weird thing :huh

A word that defines everything we know so far about this issue is: disconcerting

Ps:I forgot: Not smell

Last edited:
If it's separated at the front, maybe try putting a small price of sponge or cotton under it to draw the oil back the other way? It might soak up what's there into the sponge and then you can take it out.

But if it comes down to almost an entire batch being effected, they aren't seriously going to replace all of the bad ones. Thus some people (probably including myself) are going to have to find a way to deal with it unfortunately.

Why not, I believe everyone that got a defective batch 1 figure got it replaced with a corrected one if they took action to get it replace. Toyota's busting ass to fix millions of vehicles built with defective parts they put out, Hot Toys can a few thousand figures they screwed up to do right by customers. It's the right thing to do and if they can't be bothered to treat their customers right by assuring them a quality product, then screw them.

Last edited:
Of course it's the right thing to do. But defective cars can kill people while defective dolls that aren't replaced only kill wallets. Let's see how HT handles this.

My Batman DX when I bought it (perfect) and one week after. See the difference !!
The seller knows the problem and he will contact Hot Toys to find a solution.

I'm really disappointed! I paid attention when I bought it, it did not have anything and now...

Why is there such huge variations of colour in the suit. Yes, v1 has it too.

Blue-ish grey, grey-ish black and nearly jet black. Head and neck being jet black.

My Batman DX when I bought it (perfect) and one week after. See the difference !!
The seller knows the problem and he will contact Hot Toys to find a solution.

I'm really disappointed! I paid attention when I bought it, it did not have anything and now...

Is that just oil or has the paint come off. If it's the paint theres no reason not to get a replacement. If it's just oil at least get in contact with them.

Is that just oil or has the paint come off. If it's the paint theres no reason not to get a replacement. If it's just oil at least get in contact with them.

It's the oil.. I already made contact.. I don't want a figure with oil in my collection..
What is the reason for this? Sorry if somebody answered but I don't understand how these oil appeared suddenly.
Thanks.

No one knows not even HT. You can ask for a replacement but you may get another oily figure.

This pic, shows the problem really well, so I just wanted to bump it:

Yeah, this would just drive me nuts.

No excuse for it, and I do hope that everyone that has the problem gets a replacement.

I am worried that Hot Toys is being silent on the matter because if they acknowledge the problem they will have to do something about it.

Really hope that's not the case.

Back