DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Many have speculated it was an interaction between the rubber of the suit & the nearby plastic parts (belt, biceps armor, etc), in conjunction with improper curing time.

With the oil problem, the bloated price tag and the fact that HT is sure to release (more than likely) a better version of this figure around the release of TDKR I don't understand why someone would buy this.

With the oil problem, the bloated price tag and the fact that HT is sure to release (more than likely) a better version of this figure around the release of TDKR I don't understand why someone would buy this.

Hi !
I just bought mine because it is a beautiful figure which has the sonar system, and i think there wont be a sonar version this summer just because it is destroyed at the end of TDK :)

I got mine from Malaysia, two weeks ago, and i can see NO OIL on it. I am so happy about this figure and hope it will stay oilfree :blissy

So...
I looked at my DX02 tonight and then, i saw _____** oil stuff.

Just to explain the double post : i said this afternoon my DX02 had no oil. Tonight, i say the opposite. What a bad day... :gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

There was another release (basically, the wave in conjunction with DC Direct) that had a modified suit with the ab plates made from a different material that was oil free. This is the version I bought & it's been oil free since the day I bought it.

Understood. But even without the oil problem HT is going to release another one that will probably be superior. Hell, for the money people pay for the DX02 you could get 2 of the new release and just spend a a little more money to get the Sonar attachment. I dunno, that's just me though. It's cool your happy with it. But the fact that they out hard abs on it doesn't mean the oil isn't there, no?

There was another release (basically, the wave in conjunction with DC Direct) that had a modified suit with the ab plates made from a different material that was oil free. This is the version I bought & it's been oil free since the day I bought it.

Still does not leak ?
Lucky you... :monkey2

Thanks guys.

Did Hot Toys ever publicly address this other than releasing another version with different ab plates?

I though that the re-releases abs did not leak, but other parts did? i think shoulder areas no??

Still does not leak ?
Lucky you... :monkey2

Oil free...in fact, I was futzing with 89 Bats & checked it today.

To be fair, I was only referring to the abs as oil free, generally speaking. I do recognize that others have had issues, seemingly with the shoulder plates. I can only speak for my figure, which is oil free.

How to know it is "DC release" ? Is it written somewhere in the box ? Anyway i Will send it back to the seller tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
First thing I would recommend is buying from a US seller. Next thing is ask the seller if it is the hard plastic abs or rubber abs. That aside, you might as well wait and see if they make a new one at this point.

Hmm since this is back up.
Update: both my HT replacements has not shown any signs of leaks in the abs and with I can't remember who's recommendation on the shoulder plates lifted off the armor using a little a bit paper even that area has been mint. Good luck to the new owner :( The second body I got to keep has a bit of damage on the thigh rubber but that must have been my own doing :(

:borg

From what I've read the oil seeps up from deep inside the rubber. It doesn't gush out either it's just a few drops.

Supposedly it should be easy to fix by simply masking off the surrounding area and then just spraying a black or clear sealant over the area.

You do this constantly when you are painting garage kits. Every layer of paint is sealed before moving on to the next or the paint will come off in time.

Mine is the plastic DC Direct batch which is fine but there are some hard-core enthusiasts who will say that the original rubber ones are more screen accurate. Of course getting one of those WITHOUT the oil leak is playing craps . . .

Is anyone looking to sell their TDK DX02 HOT TOYS figure? I've been looking for one to buy for a very long time.

Back