DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Doesn't matter which batch it was, all have had the oil issue.

What's the odds everyone will forget about the DX02 when Batman 89 goes up for pre-order and they'll all be jumping in. I wont be pre-ordering/or even when released buying it until I hear feedback. As it's been proven months later it can have weird reactions. Look at this figure when the majority were so quick to jump and said theirs was defect free.

Hot Toys has a habit of not learning from their mistakes at all. Sadly.

What's the odds everyone will forget about the DX02 when Batman 89 goes up for pre-order and they'll all be jumping in. I wont be pre-ordering/or even when released buying it until I hear feedback. As it's been proven months later it can have weird reactions. Look at this figure when the majority were so quick to jump and said theirs was defect free.

Hot Toys has a habit of not learning from their mistakes at all. Sadly.

It all depends on how they do the suit. Personally, I'd kinda like to see a scupted suit with joints.

Keep things that has no articulation plastic. Thats what should have been done with this.

I agree with EF... None of the other bodies had this problem. Rocky, Hellboy, all the other Bat figs including the Demon Bats.

This was certainly an isolated incident. Possibly due to a change in suppliers or something.

The DX issue was not as bad as it seemed until HTs basically ignored the fans when the issue first came up. That set everyone off even though they replaced most folks figures.

I agree with EF... None of the other bodies had this problem. Rocky, Hellboy, all the other Bat figs including the Demon Bats.

This was certainly an isolated incident. Possibly due to a change in suppliers or something.

The DX issue was not as bad as it seemed until HTs basically ignored the fans when the issue first came up. That set everyone off even though they replaced most folks figures.

But there hasn't been a figure released with a rubber suit either, since the DX02. So it's a little early to pass this off as isolated. :huh

BB, TDK OC, TDK V1, Demonbat they all seem to be of the old type rubber that attracts dust and fingerprints. DX02 was definitely an attempt on a née material that give them more control for detail and less tactile but backfired due to the oozing. I do hope they are working this material science out as it should not be some black magic but based on science and it's processes and procedures. It can be done right so HT hire someone who knows this shiet and give us a no-compromise everlasting TDKR Bat

:borg:

Lol!

I don't see a difference though. It was a rubber suit just like the DX...just not as thick.

I think that proves HTs isn't shying away from the rubber suits and that there is at least one case after the fact and many cases before it that makes it an isolated case.

BB, TDK OC, TDK V1, Demonbat they all seem to be of the old type rubber that attracts dust and fingerprints. DX02 was definitely an attempt on a née material that give them more control for detail and less tactile but backfired due to the oozing. I do hope they are working this material science out as it should not be some black magic but based on science and it's processes and procedures. It can be done right so HT hire someone who knows this shiet and give us a no-compromise everlasting TDKR Bat

:borg:

I think they did know, but they were in such a haste to produce the figure and get it out that they cut corners on the curing time. I wouldn't be surprised if he was their largest production run to date.

What u are saying Geil even lends itself to the "isolated case" argument. If the rubber is/was different(which I never noticed myself, DX seemed to grab dust as well) than the others, then it certainly was isolated to that rubber formula.

...besides when has Hot Toys been known to rush anything?!?!

On the contrary, they seem to go out of their way to release stuff AFTER the films have been released even when they announce the license before the films first big preview.

Even the first TDK figs, before the DX versions, were late to market and they were clearly not their best work.

...besides when has Hot Toys been known to rush anything?!?!

On the contrary, they seem to go out of their way to release stuff AFTER the films have been released even when they announce the license before the films first big preview.

Even the first TDK figs, before the DX versions, were late to market and they were clearly not their best work.

I'm not saying they did or didn't, but I believe they would've done all the research necessary to understand the curing time. Especially for the second product in their esteemed DX line. From there, it's not difficult to surmise that they needed to rush the figures out to capitalize off of TDK hype as well as meet DCD's distribution deadlines (they weren't late for that). Evidence of quick fixes along the way also allude to them hastily getting the figures out as we didn't see one single "fix" but several along the way between batches and despite the final one, the issues not being completely fixed.

let's not forget that most every collector is rushing them to no end but yeah surely products need to go out so money can come in
these days, having accepted my addiction for what it is and having so much on PO I really feel no need to rush anything anymore ... I guess I am not a newb anymore :D

Back