DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Could be talking out of my ass on that one.

Yes, you are. They were shaped like for like, just more matt. He has the DCD version. Can see the plastic cover behind the belt. All previous batches had the belt wrapped in a bag.

Yes, you are. They were shaped like for like, just more matt. He has the DCD version. Can see the plastic cover behind the belt. All previous batches had the belt wrapped in a bag.

Yes, but were all the DCD sets with plastic abs?
I actually got mine directly from HT as a replacement, after months of hassle, so I didn't actually see the packaging. I'v just never heard of the plastic abs leaking before, the shoulders and other joints yes, but not the abs?

:dunno

Yeah, this is the first time i've seen a picture of the plastic abs leaking, though people have mentioned to me before that this has happened.

And yes - all the DCD batch was with plastic abs.

Yes, but were all the DCD sets with plastic abs?

Yes.

I actually got mine directly from HT as a replacement, after months of hassle, so I didn't actually see the packaging. I'v just never heard of the plastic abs leaking before, the shoulders and other joints yes, but not the abs?

:dunno

After April 2010 all bodies came with the plastic area. Including the replacements. All from the same run.

Yeah, this is the first time i've seen a picture of the plastic abs leaking, though people have mentioned to me before that this has happened.

And yes - all the DCD batch was with plastic abs.

The plastic doesn't actually leak. As I originally posted before... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4292505&postcount=3130

The oil can stain it. Even Dave reported years back when it stopped oozing it left discolouration.

Could some clear things up with me, since I will be getting my keaton batman in about 2 days, is the oil in the body? is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Could some clear things up with me, since I will be getting my keaton batman in about 2 days, is the oil in the body? is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Nope. The oil is from the suit breaking down. And there's nothing to prevent it from happening. :(

Nope. No problem with the V1 TDK.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

Besides being told here continuously that it was too fat and had a beer gut, not really ;)

Ugh, those two threads showed me that Batman fans are considerably more OCD than Star Wars fans. To date, I have never seen Dave lock a thread out of sheer disgust, like he did the first MMS71 thread. :lol

Has anyone examined the boots at all? I don't mean taking them off. It's partially turned out in a good effect.

I feel very bad for everyone who got this figure .. and i truly mean it .
its very sad to realize that the best quality line from the dark knight film figures is mattel's movie masters... i mean seriously you guy paid and arm and a leg for this figure and its literally falling apart .
i would be devastated to see this happen to anything in my collection that i paid 20$ for , i cant even imagine how you guys feel... hope something will come out of this , like hot toys giving you guy a percentage off the rises bat figure or something. hell id hope for a refund for everyone of you guys but i dont thing it will happen... sadly

Weeeeeeell issue free? :p
It is a dust magnet like ... only other material I see with that attraction is the rubber around the viewfinder of my DSLR
And it is .... kinda ..... busty :p

Weeeeeeell issue free? :p
It is a dust magnet like ... only other material I see with that attraction is the rubber around the viewfinder of my DSLR
And it is .... kinda ..... busty :p

I'm surprised you have a problem with dust. You have some of the nicest looking display cases I've seen on SSF (the coffee table is brilliant)

That comes hand in had with rubber suits. :huh

DX doesn't have this issue :pfft:
not as tacky I suppose
My original Original Suit don't have this problem either

I'm surprised you have a problem with dust. You have some of the nicest looking display cases I've seen on SSF (the coffee table is brilliant)

.... but that is probably because I have proper cases for it since then :D

Oh i am telling bout my early experience when I still had it in one piece :p My first ever HT back then when I still actually thought I was nuts paying >$100 for a bloody doll
And then went under the knife and is part of my Medi now ;) (just could not cut my DX)

Back