DX? Where are the new announcements?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

**16k**

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mods please delete or merge if redundant,

But....

....is it just me? Have I missed something? Or has it been a long time since we got a new DX anouncement? Do you think HT is moving away from them and PERS?

I think if HT was continuing with their DX line we would have seen BD Robocop, Han Solo and Obi Wan as DX figures (Not going to mention Returns Batman as he does not exists right now).
I’m leaning towards HT dropping the DX line due to price point as their regular MMS line is between $220 to $260 already!!

I think DX line is done- they simply will integrate Pers features into MMS line (like Hulk).

Maybe Sideshow's experiment with inset eyes has scared Hot Toys off the whole idea. They're saying to themselves, crap, we've been lucky so far. Let's not push it.

I don't like it TBH. It has that lifeless doll stare for some reason. I prefer good ol' painted eyes.

DX is supposedly the crown jewel, top of the line figures. But it seems the last few offerings are struggling to make their way to collectors and warming up shelves with the DX14, Indy, DX13 etc. Meanwhile you got the Avengers line, and IRON MANs that are selling like hot cakes. I think they are slowly diverting away from less popular lines and focus more on the Marvel line. Iron mans, to be me specific.

They'll do the occasional classics like Batman 66, the Crow etc, but these figures are being heavily discounted and are available below retail now. At the end of the day, they get feedbacks from their distributors and agents and I bet they are telling HT to produce more variety of Iron Man armors so they can get more sales, than say, Romero Joker or something.

Back