Dwing's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, away from the Mummy for a bit. This is a Colin Farrell from Miami Vice. So the body is not from MV-used my Dean from Supernatural. I got the sculpt just because. I was thinking of a 'New World' custom (not because it was a great movie, but he had a cool look in the movie) or maybe a Rohirrim soldier/Gondorian soldier custom.
I used a new method of using washes to paint him. Used about 15 washs, then started with pastels followed by more washes. Not the best eyes but the best I have done so far, still only up to 10 or so paint-ups.
SANY0727.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0722.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0724.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0725.jpg
[/IMG]

Working on Evy from the Mummy this time as I finally received a couple of dml Amy cast with necks. She is not an exact match but with some mods it will work for me. I sanded down her hair a bit-until my dremel broke. This is my real first hair sculpt as my Ardeth Bay had a little fix up front.
sculpt.jpg
[/IMG]
sculpt1.jpg
[/IMG]
sculpt2.jpg
[/IMG]
sculpt3.jpg
[/IMG]
sculpt4.jpg
[/IMG]
Now I need to decide if I want the hair longer like in the movie. I should extend about a 1/4" longer but my casting skills suck so I may need to find someone here willing to make some for me $$. PLEASE give some advice.
Thanks for looking.

Re: Dwing's Customs-UPDATED PICS

Evy O'Connell-Added more hair and painted her up. I wanted to see what she looked like with paint. I think it works. I only sculpted the hair, the face was left alone. In the first pic I don't know what happened with the eye. It does not look likr this in person.
fin.jpg
[/IMG]
fin1.jpg
[/IMG]
fin2.jpg
[/IMG]
Last one shows what the original sculpt looks like.
fin3.jpg
[/IMG]

Received my bandoliers from Steve and am very happy and worth the wait. Few pics of Ardeth Bay and then some with Rick and Evy. Last is a wip on Imhotep.
SANY0803.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0804.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0806.jpg

SANY0807.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0809.jpg
[/IMG]

wow! That Evy really turned out awesome! I'm loving all of your Mummy stuff!

HAD to log back in and chime in here! Evy looks GREAT! As does Ardeth and Rick. The Mummy himself is looking really cool too! Can't wait to see what you do with him!

Not happy that the LOTR line may be gone:monkey2. Been working on a Gimli custom and it has been fun to discuss all the options with other members. Still need to weather the boots and clothes. Comb. of three figs-Toybiz soft cloth, Toybiz rotocast and DID.
SANY0908-1.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0910.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0896.jpg
[/IMG]
SANY0901.jpg
[/IMG]

Re: Dwing's Customs-UPDATED

My my Indy a table and chalkboard. The board does turn(just stained on the back). Book is a stand in until I make a leather bound one.
IMG_0122.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0125.jpg
[/IMG]
table.jpg
[/IMG]

MORE MUMMY! MORE MUMMY! MORE MUMMY!
Make a figure of jonathan and the scorpion king. your figures all look great man.

Re: Dwing's Customs-UPDATED

you've got an awesome collection dwing. i love that evy resculpt too! great idea on the dragon amy head. :D

Updated and made a new Rick O'Connell from the Mummy 3 movie. Almost complete. The holster is made by me as is the wrist band. The glooves are from Boromir with the fingers cut off. I cut off fingers from a set of DML hands and glued them to the Boromir glooves. I then painted the glooves two colors and gave the edges the off white color/look of wool. The hs from Mummy/Mummy Returns has been repainted.

3cus3.jpg
[/IMG]
3cus.jpg
[/IMG]
3cus1.jpg
[/IMG]
3cus2.jpg
[/IMG]

Mate fantatsic work on all the custom but your mummy figures kick butt, now that I know what the Rick head looks like painted I'll have to get myself one and do a custom of my own well odne indeed.

Ron

Thanks, even though the movies could be better they are fun. I really want to see what Les, Kuato or others could do with paint on him. I am finishing up a Alan Quatermain figure soon-just need my duster finished.

Hey, nice Mummy customs! That Evy turned out really nice too!
Great finds for your Indy dio. Finding nice 1:6 furniture is always so damned hard. Keep it up! :D
-Rick :)

Went and made some custom stands. Made everything at home and had Staples print it out on lable sheets.
IMG_0245.jpg
[/IMG]

Dwing - VERY nice stuff... really digging the Indy dio... but I have to go along with an earlier post:

I put together a Rick and Ardeth a couple of years ago - same as you - with the Frontline heads. I really like how your figures turned out - especially your use of the Hasbro Emperor robes for the Mummy (I used the robes from the Hasbro Obi Wan - dyed a dark gray).

Your holsters on Rick look great too! I need to upgrade mine. I've been inspired!

If I may ask - where did you get the boots for your (white shirt) Rick?

-
Dennis

Dwing - VERY nice stuff... really digging the Indy dio... but I have to go along with an earlier post:

I put together a Rick and Ardeth a couple of years ago - same as you - with the Frontline heads. I really like how your figures turned out - especially your use of the Hasbro Emperor robes for the Mummy (I used the robes from the Hasbro Obi Wan - dyed a dark gray).

Your holsters on Rick look great too! I need to upgrade mine. I've been inspired!

If I may ask - where did you get the boots for your (white shirt) Rick?

-
Dennis

Thank you for the comments guys. The Returns Mummy boots came frm NewLine minatures-Japanese brown boots. Post some pcs of your Ardeth Bay-want to see what others used for HS.

Well no Mummy at the momment but I have a Alan Quateramin about 90% done. I will be getting a new FrontLine Connery HS. I sold one which I used the Indy hat and sanded down his hair for a perfect fit. This hat is the Clint hat which is more screen acc. I found these dusters while waiting for my custom one to be made. I brushed on Rit dye on the collor and then used Future floor polish to stiffen it up. The holster are made by me. The boots came from a Toy Presidents fig which I painted and added the boot knife. The leather pockets and shell holders where added to a ToyPresidents vest. This fig was a blast to make.
cust.jpg
[/IMG]
cust1.jpg
[/IMG]
cust4.jpg
[/IMG]
cust3.jpg
[/IMG]
cust5.jpg
[/IMG]

Back