Dwing's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is some stuff I have been working on. Almost all of it is not complete but I wanted to show what I have going and looking for some critique.

Imotep

Here's withsome paint touch up. The side shot-the craters show much lighter in the picture than in the hand.

He's getting closer. The robe is Kenner Emperor Palpatine. Jars and book from Toy Island the mummy figure. The O'Connell is something I've been working on.

Ardeth Bay: Clothes are from hasbro swordsmen and bbi pants. Face is from Andromeda/bbi with minor resculpting on nose and brow,hair is from Jaxx Van Helsing. I'm going to get some Stevotoys bandolers and a rifle. Please feel free to give some advise, like how to paint on the tattos-maybe a fine point magic marker or something. I'm still new the sport. Thanks.

Ok, here's a Alba that I painted up from the invisable women. I used the clear hs which did not take the paint well at first. Again as with most of my stuff it's not finished as the hair is a mustard color. If any of you great painters out there read this please give advise on getting a good blond color.

So I want to continue with the Mummy line. I plan on making an Eve using and DML Amy hs. The lips are to full but I hope to make them wider hoping to thin then out a bit. I will lower the eyebrows and point them down to the outside. The eyes will be given a dark eyeliner to narrow then and I will adjust then to point in the right direction. This will be my first hair sculpt and I hope to then cast the full piece. It won't be perfect but it will due for now. Really sorry for the bad paint work but I did this in about 1/2 hr.

I going to hop off the Mummy for a bit and just show some other paint ups.
First is 'King' from Red planet. Second is Wloverine from miktek over at ows.

Back to the Mummy. Slopped the forehead and sculpted the head and hair as one piece-will cast as soon as I learn how. I removed the front left(ours)part of his hair and gave him his curls and gave him his tattoo. The hair has the layers of paint and bring out the layers in hand. I just added a pic showing what I started with and I was shocked when I saw them side by side. This is something I would not have tried if not for folks here.

Last edited:
Redid my Rick O'Connell fig. HS is Frontline. Used a SS body which fit the clothes better. Rig is from Stevetoys.

rick1.jpg

rick2.jpg

rick3.jpg

Awesome work all around, best Mummy customs I have seen. And that Alba is FANTASTIC! You really did amazing work on her, that sculpt is NOT forgiving at all. :rock

Awesome work all around, best Mummy customs I have seen. And that Alba is FANTASTIC! You really did amazing work on her, that sculpt is NOT forgiving at all. :rock

Thanks alot. I know alot around here hate the Mummy movies-I think they're fun. I still don't know what I'm doing with the wolverine yet but I love the painting process so I keep buying them.

Last edited:
Hey Dwing, great job in creating all the major characters from the Mummy. The first time I saw the first movie I thought it was ok but then after watching the series a couple more times I really like all the movies. I am sad that Arnold Voloso won't be on the new flick this summer but Jet Li should be good. Are you making a Jet Mummy custom? I know Triad has a great headsculpt for one with their Danny figure. Great Job!

James

Incredible transformation on that Farscape(?) head! And that's a cool O'Connell figure, too. I never saw the likeness in that sculpt until your profile-ish shot. It really captures Fraser's quirky features.

Incredible transformation on that Farscape(?) head! And that's a cool O'Connell figure, too. I never saw the likeness in that sculpt until your profile-ish shot. It really captures Fraser's quirky features.

Yeah, it's weird with this sculpt. It has everything there but just misses it.
rickcompare3.jpg
[/IMG]

"Hey Dwing, great job in creating all the major characters from the Mummy. The first time I saw the first movie I thought it was ok but then after watching the series a couple more times I really like all the movies. I am sad that Arnold Voloso won't be on the new flick this summer but Jet Li should be good. Are you making a Jet Mummy custom? I know Triad has a great headsculpt for one with their Danny figure. Great Job!

James"
Not yet, next up will be Evy. Working on the clothes now and plan on using a Dml Amy hs with major mods:
amy21.jpg
[/IMG]
I will cast the sculpt adding a neck, sand the hair down, and then learn how to sculpt hair.

love all the Mummy stuff! very nice work, can't wait to see Evy!

Back