Dwing's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated my Quatermain. Added the SS Henry sculpt.
IMG_27791.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_27751.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a really good idea for Quartermain! The outfit looks perfect and the Henry sculpt really brings it home.

Ok, I worked on my Quatermain. I used a HT neck post and sculpted the neck to the sculpt, cast it up and then sculpted hair on that sculpt-in the end I ended up with a cast of a cast. There's a little loss of detail but I love having the Q with hair. The hat does not fit as well as it did on the bald sculpt so I will just perm attach the hat to the bald cast that I made and I will just switch between the to.
IMG_2800.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2797.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2798.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2799.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like some of my old pics are gone but I have started working on customs again. Redoing Ardeth Bay from The Mummy movies. HS is from a few yrs ago, finally found one cheap on ebay. I make a cast of the front of the head and used that to sculpt the hair. I used super sculpy.
ardethbay2.jpgardethbay3.jpg

Here's another I'm working on. It will be Nick Burkhalt from Grimm. I used a 12" Superman returns sculpt and resculpted the hair. I also added to the jaw and eyebrows but don't have the pics yet.
grimm.jpg

Having a Rick O'Connell head sculpt made for me. Here's the finished sculpt. He will be making a cast and casting in wax and making a second sculpt with his hair as the Mummy returns/Tomb of the Emperor Dragon.
92916comp.jpg
rickfront60.jpg
rickside929.jpg

My sculptor is tweeking the eyes for me-less bags and a few other nit picks. Here's a mock up.
0cf516ee1696b360eb45fcccc7699351.jpg

Working on it slowly. Here is where I sit ATM. Just received the sword. It has awesome detail. Has the scarab on the handle. Two pairs of custom revolvers copied from the movie. Working on the duffel. I will hollow cast and add leather straps. Custom key on the base. Trying to make leather boots is killing me. Might do a combo of resin base and leather uppers.
ricksword.jpg

Ok, not been posting here in a long time. Most spent on FB and IG. The O’Connell stuff comes about has been great. Here’s my current figure. IMG_1676.jpegIMG_1658.jpegIMG_1642.jpegIMG_1621.jpeg

Back