DVD/Blu-Ray Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Buy Canada Exclusive sword with Game of Thrones

M2194387.jpg

I ended up getting the Target exclusive.

I believe Target is offering a bonus disc with Game of Thrones but I'm not sure what it contains.

There's several:

HBO Shop
There is an exclusive Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season on DVD and Blu-ray that includes a “Creating the World of Westeros” bonus video with choice to stream instantly or receive a physical disc after purchase.

Target
There is an exclusive Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season on DVD with bonus disc featuring:
  • Creating the Visual Effects - Get a firsthand look at the visual effects used to bring the first series of Game of Thrones to HBO, from towering castles and sweeping landscapes, to complex stunts and fight sequences.
Walmart
There is an exclusive Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season on DVD and Blu-ray with bonus disc featuring:
  • Houses of the Seven Kingdoms (16 mins) - A Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin describes the many Houses that comprise Westeros, providing insight into their history, heraldry, traditions, and their underlying position within the Seven Kingdoms.
United Kingdom
Release Date: March 5, 2012
Amazon.co.uk
There is an exclusive [ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Creating-Amazon-co-uk-Exclusive/dp/B00512UZNY"]Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season[/ame][ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thrones-Creating-Amazon-co-uk-Exclusive/dp/B00512UZNY"] on Blu-ray[/ame] with bonus disc featuring:
  • Creating the Visual Effects - Get a firsthand look at the 18-minute high definition piece regarding the visual effects used to bring the first series of Game of Thrones to HBO, from towering castles and sweeping landscapes, to complex stunts and fight sequences.

I hate when they do special feature store exclusives. I'd much prefer them to stick with the little add-ons like the swords/statues.

I only hate it when there's more than one I want.

I also hate when there are some I can't get ahold of. That's why I don't collect digibooks or steelbooks.

According to someone on bluray.com, Best Buy will be offering a Steelbook for Underworld on Blu Ray. So now the US can join the other 4,823 countries releasing a Steelbook:yess:

According to someone on bluray.com, Best Buy will be offering a Steelbook for Underworld on Blu Ray. So now the US can join the other 4,823 countries releasing a Steelbook:yess:

:lecture If I knew about this I wouldn't have paid $40 to import one that looks exactly the same. :thud:

~~Also they are having a Ghost Rider exclusive Steelbook too.

You must have a guy in Canada? Maybe he can cancel. I was going to have someone buy one in store so I was able to let him know I don't need it.

Will call today and see if I can get someone that knows about this release

You must have a guy in Canada? Maybe he can cancel. I was going to have someone buy one in store so I was able to let him know I don't need it.

Will call Best Buy today and see if I can get someone that knows about this release

got the last copy at one store and picked up three others for some other people at another Best Buy.

Congrats UToyfan. How many did your store have?

yeah this seems to have been a real limited release. I don't know how limited their Salt Steelbook was but I would imagine this was a similar case. I would have liked to have gotten one but I never did.

But of course they still had two Twilight: New Moon DVD Steelbooks in stock.

Just a shot of my other Underworld Steelbooks
013-3.jpg

best buy will be releasing these WB Steelbooks next week. Some of them have been previously released in Canada. Unfortunately I don't think any of them will have inside artwork

Inception
Goodfellas
Hangover
Matrix
Gran Torino
Shawshank Redemption
Batman Begins
Dark Knight
Hangover II
Sucker Punch
V for Vendetta
Book of Eli
Sherlock Holmes
Green Lantern
Clash of the Titans (2010)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

:)

I'd like to get Begins and TDK if the price is right. Thanks for the heads up! Will keep an eye out for these.

Back