Dumping 1/6 for 1/9 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessedart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking about dumping their 1/6 collection in favor of the 1/9 scale from king arts?
I had the chance to hold one of the recent 1/9 King Arts diecast figures and I gotta say I'm pretty overwhelmed and Blown Away. First off the figures are absolutely phenomenally well made extremely heavy with insanely beautiful paint applications. But what I really really really love about them is the fact that the 1/9 scale just fits so much better in a lot of my collectible glass display cases I think they're the perfect size roughly about the same as a Play Arts Kai figure. But what really makes me think about switching over is the fact that they cost under $200.. it's a whole lot easier building an entire Hall of Armor when the pieces are hundreds less per figure and it certainly doesn't hurt that they seem to be the right size and feel absolutely amazing. I honestly wish if I had to start it all over again I would choose the 1/9 over the 1/6.
Kinda wish these where available way back when at the same time hot toys released their 1/6 figures because I probably would have chosen the king arts.
I'm almost to the point where if I knew KA
was going to recreate all the Armor's the way hot toys did I may actually sell hot toys off.
Just thinking.....

Good to know, I'll be receiving their HulkBuster soon, and was thinking of ordering the Mk 45 to go with it! Glad to hear that they are that impressive!

I thought about "adding" this set to my collection, but I wouldn't dare sell off my 1/6. :nono that would be blasphemous!

i dump my 1/6 for 1/12 coz 1/6 its getting expensive due lower currency rate vs USD

Most of the figures I own are 1/8 or 1/7 with a few bigger ones and also some that I'd say are 1/9 or 1/10 and I'd never ditch my bigger scales for them. To me these small scales make a collection look cluttered easily and they're just not half as impressive as the 1/6 for example. I'd rather trade my prize figures or small scales for bigger ones to be honest. I know these take up lots of room but that's the good thing, see? That way you can't buy too many and you won't feel tempted to stuff too many into your detolf, coz they just won't fit! XD

If you solely buy armours, then yeah, a 1/9 collection of those might be cool. But then if you want to expand beyond to the other MCU characters, you have a Hulk statue, & a Hasbro style plastic uniform Captain America. The human sculpts simply don't look super impressive on the 1/9 KA. It's not about being at a smaller scale either. Look at the Mezco 1/12 Star Trek line. Now that's how you do smaller scale sculpts. I have the urge to buy Spock, even though I'm not a big fan of the source material. The art (at that scale) is that impressive.

Me personally, I want to get my fav armours from the 1/9 line, & that's about it. Something to fiddle with on my desk, while my HT stay in the detolf. Other than for photoshoots, I can't really be bothered "playing" with 1/6 scale.

As a newbie, I faced this dilemma over the past 2 months on KA vs HT, Diecast vs Plastic, 1/6 vs 1/9, price and display options.

Finally decided to settle on 1/6 just because HT is the unquestioned benchmark and the paint on KA wasn't as impressive in numerous review videos and sites.

Personally I feel that 1/6 scale looks more like a collectable while 1/9 feels like a toy. Keen to see what members who have both have to say tho

My first ever action figure I ordered is the Hulkbuster!

Back