Dumping 1/6 for 1/9 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessedart

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking about dumping their 1/6 collection in favor of the 1/9 scale from king arts?
I had the chance to hold one of the recent 1/9 King Arts diecast figures and I gotta say I'm pretty overwhelmed and Blown Away. First off the figures are absolutely phenomenally well made extremely heavy with insanely beautiful paint applications. But what I really really really love about them is the fact that the 1/9 scale just fits so much better in a lot of my collectible glass display cases I think they're the perfect size roughly about the same as a Play Arts Kai figure. But what really makes me think about switching over is the fact that they cost under $200.. it's a whole lot easier building an entire Hall of Armor when the pieces are hundreds less per figure and it certainly doesn't hurt that they seem to be the right size and feel absolutely amazing. I honestly wish if I had to start it all over again I would choose the 1/9 over the 1/6.
Kinda wish these where available way back when at the same time hot toys released their 1/6 figures because I probably would have chosen the king arts.
I'm almost to the point where if I knew KA was going to recreate all the Armor's the way hot toys did I may actually sell hot toys off.
Just thinking.....

Nope. There are no guarantees that KA will go as deep into the HPP as HT already has, or how many years it would take of they did. Plus I collect Cap and all the other Avengers/MCU, and KA doesn't do that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just don't do it over text :lol 1/6 deserves better than that

You're more limited with 1/9 I think :dunno You could also try dating 1/4 if you want to live dangerously :lol

All kidding aside I think 1/6 is far superior to 1/9 :lecture

As Goldilocks said... This one is too heavy, this one is too light..... And this one is just right.. :lecture

Honestly I thought about picking up the 1/9 Avengers Mk6. Looks great. But I know it wouldn't be what I really want, which would be a 1/6. Still, would be kind of fun to have a figure that detailed to "play" with. Not "pew pew pew" stuff but basically treat it like a Hot Toy (pose/mess around with articulation) without worrying about it like a Hot Toy :lol

Dumping 1/6 for 1/4 more like it. 1/9 is too expensive for how small it is, 1/4 is pricey but worth it in sheer presence and detail.

It's really up to personal preference but the idea is logical in a way (spacing and expense wise).
Though, numbers of smaller scale figures display will never be as "grand" as having a well displayed 1/6 figure.

I like the range in Koto statues, and every time I look, I think I should migrate to those. In particular the new lineups with magnetic feet. Bases are great but don't match desired lineups, but by making the new ones magnetic you can team your favourite characters together. And I'm always tempted by the PF trinity. More than likely though it's dumping 1/6 for 1/12, Mezco or Figuarts (& co). It just doesn't feel far off for Mezco to wrangle Star Wars or GI Joe or the Japanese to get more American licenses.

About scales though, I'd like to see lineups of various scales and/or lines. There really oughta be some thread with a range of those. The most useful pics are how a particular toy looks next to others and what other figures would look the right size next to them. Best example is Shartimus and that green spiderman. Yeah it's entertaining, but more informatively, he compares that to almost everything, and is a great indicator on what size things are. Finding myself looking through more and more of his reviews... till I found those monthly collections, lol! Awesome.

Dumping 1/6 for 1/4 more like it. 1/9 is too expensive for how small it is, 1/4 is pricey but worth it in sheer presence and detail.

Yes actually....first of all, not a fan of collection the entire party protocol. I was doing it for a time but other interests caught my eye and decided to downsize, only collecting the "core" armors, not specialized. King arts has been an awesome alternative although not well as well distributed as Hot Toys...so the wait is longer. Currently waiting on the hulkbuster to arrive at BBTS as well as others. By the way, they do have a 1/9 scale Captain America and Ant Man in the works :)

For me, no. I'm just way to committed to the 1/6 stuff. I've got so many already. But the 1/9 and other small scale stuff has come a long way in a short time. King arts especially. Even CMC 1/12 stuff is good looking. But they also don't have anywhere near the diversity that say hot toys has. King arts and CMC are making some human figures now, but it's limited selections and the sculpting isn't nearly as good as hot toys or neca or iron studios(and others).

But if your just starting out and focus is mostly on iron man then King arts would be a perfect route. Just don't except them to stay at under 200 for long. A year or two and they will be 200 and 220. As the company grows they have to increase cost.

Back