Dru up for preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Buffy line is not over.... It's not quite going to move at the brisk pace it did in the beginning, but it's most definitely not over...

:wave

Let there be Woo! And Hoo!

dww.jpg

Brant just mentioned in chat that the outlook for Buffy in 2006 is cloudy, as well, but,

Here we go..... Star Wars and PF seem to be filling the lot and 1:6 takes it in the back!!

New infusion from Whedon?? Very sketchy....Angel? Firefly? or maybe finally Giles before the line is killed off?

As Brant said, "There is always hope."
That does not always hold true. It appears the "only" hope for 1:6 from Sideshow may be A New Hope.

So is it because people lost interest in the multiple figures of Buffy, Spike, and Angel. They are obviously not selling like past figures.

But, didn't someone on this forum say that we "needed" the constant new versions for anyone new joining in on collecting the line? I never understood that line of thinking. You keep reissuing the same characters for any new collectors while you lose the collector who joined in at the beginning because he got tired of waiting for the ignored main character?

I expect Dru to sell out.

Let's hope what winds up in your hand looks like the prototype.

If the line ends I will be very pissed!

You can then join the long line of Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and Planet of the Apes fans.

The most recent figures have steered away from whatever the problems were perceived to be.

Lets hope that that is one trend that continues.

It would be cataclysmic event for Sideshow not to produce a Giles for instance, wouldn't it?

Yes. Just as cataclysmic to have no Maleva, Ygor, Ape-o-nauts, General Aldo, Rod Serling or the Creecher avatar figure.

I see, now, how much of everyones energy is being robbed to sustain the Star Wars machine. That's one twin edged sword that licence.
And how many will fall at the hand of that sword?

So now what either Angel or FireFly Serenity more likely since the title character of Angel has already been done three times

Either license would be welcome, but how many Mal's can you have?? Of course, that may be the only way to get Caleb. Then again, they may very well make this new mystery line in 1?4 and screw 1:6 completely.

Buffy canceled??

I hope not. This would be a real slap in the face to the Buffy fans.

Well...they still haven't "officially" announced the Apes demise so who knows if we'll hear about Buffy. But the Buffy fans are more than welcome in the "we took a real big slap in the face" club of Apes, TZ and Outer Limits fans.

You're a real "The glass is half empty.... and dirty, and chipped, and filled with draino laced with anthrax." kind of guy, aren't you?

;)

Everything is not quite as dismal as you're assuming it is... Honestly! Cheer up a bit.

Without asking the obvious question Andy, are we going to be happy with the final Scooby gang? (Like the 2 core missing members)

You wouldn't call that the 'obvious question'?? ;)

Without being too specific, I'll tell you that I don't think you'll be disappointed. How's that?

Yea, but 3 more spaces= 3 more figures. There are more than 3 more main charaters left to do.

See what you started, Andy? :lol

Again I say: Let there be Woo! And Hoo! (And Anyanka, too!!!)

anyk_bnnr.jpg

You're a real "The glass is half empty.... and dirty, and chipped, and filled with draino laced with anthrax." kind of guy, aren't you?

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :bow

Sorry Andy. I had a subtlety relapse. However, thanks for your subtle ansswer.

WooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!::naughty , rock:rock :banana

Not that I took any implicit hint or anything. My glass is always half full ...........of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or English ale.!!!!!!!!!

Yea, but 3 more spaces= 3 more figures. There are more than 3 more main characters left to do.

What, you don't think Sideshow can make up some more Item numbers for future figures?
I wonder if this forum existed back when the first four Buffy figures where released with a huge dry spell in between those and the next bach people would be up in arms thinking that the line is over?
Just who else would be after the Buffy 12" license? Mattel's Barbie? Perhaps, but they would have to contend with the quality ones Sideshow put out before.
The only reason to end this line would be that they're not selling, and I don't think that is the case.

Regarding not doing Giles as comparable to not doing Maleva....somebody been smokin' something.

I think Giles is the only ESSENTIAL figure left to do, although Cordie is up there. But I'd also say that I'd prefer Anya, Anyanka and Tara before Cordie too.

As for SW killing the other 1/6 lines - I don't see that happening. As they develop new and different techniques for the juggernaut that is SW, I can't see that doing anything but helping the other existing lines. Perhaps it will take resources away at first, but hiring more sculptors and designers isn't out of the question I'm sure.

I'm sorry that Buffy won't be churning out the 6-8 figures a year as it did for the last couple of years, but hopefully it won't go away completely.

But of course some of us are still hurting from not getting a Carol Cleveland from the Monty Python line...

No, I'm a real honest, call 'em as i see 'em kind of guy. Not a let's not tell anyone why certain products are lacking in quality and likeness then blame sales on the lines demise kinda guy.

Everything is not quite as dismal as you're assuming it is... Honestly! Cheer up a bit.

I'd truly like to believe that but so far I've lost Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, pretty much looks like the Universal Monsters and now the Apes line. Seems pretty dismal to me.

I think Giles is the only ESSENTIAL figure left to do

But you once compared him to being a secondary character in comparison to the multiple Buffy's the line needed to substantiate sales to new customers joining in on the line.

I'm sorry that Buffy won't be churning out the 6-8 figures a year as it did for the last couple of years, but hopefully it won't go away completely.

But take away the reissue of characters and we're down to not so many figures after all.

i really gotta disagree. i mean Giles is my next "Must Have" but i think its definately essential to have an Cordie, Anya and Tara at least. i mean theyre the last core character along with Giles and i really need them, If i dont get a glory or the mayor i'll be anoyed but i dont see it happening.

You'd think theyd have to do Anya and Tara, I mean they did Oz and and Anya and Tara are really more important characters over the series and Cordie is also an Essential. If we get Tara Id love to see her from "Family". just thort id say that.
So if theyre the last characters we get I'll be happy with how the lines gone but these are the figures id love to c.

Best 2 worst:
Giles
Tara
Anya
Cordie
Glory
Mayor
The Judge

And thats a wrap!

so far I've lost Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, pretty much looks like the Universal Monsters and now the Apes line.
That's the half empty talking...

If I were a die hard fan of those lines like I am of Buffy and Bond I'd look at it like "look at all the cool 1/6 figures I DID get from obscure licenses that no one else would touch!"

But no, that would be too positive and "butt-kissiering" I guess.

Thank you Hulkfan... I REALLY APPRECIATE your responses.

Drew looks awesome - I'm so glad her dress is from Becoming - that's Drew at her peak, in my opinion.

If we get a human-faced Drew, I think it should be from her first scene with Angel at the playground - in the white nightgown, looking so creepy-innocent. But really, any human Drew would be cool.

As far as other characters go, of course I want Giles - top of the list, sure. But for the baddies... I may be alone in this but the mayor has always been my favorite. Can he come with a mini-golf club and a box of wet-wipes? Okay... maybe that should be the box of gavrok and our very own black licorice spiders...

:dance

Nah I have to disagree, if they do a human face Dru (which I hope they do) I hope she is an "Origins Dru." These pics are from season 5's "Fool for Love" :

normal_FFL_211.jpg

normal_FFL_216.jpg

or the ULTIMATE would be as I have mentioned before a Boxer Rebellion 4 pack!!!

normal_FFL_379.jpg

normal_FFL_383.jpg

Dru is my all time favorite Buffy Character, I'll take her anyway I can get her!

That's the half empty talking...

If I were a die hard fan of those lines like I am of Buffy and Bond I'd look at it like "look at all the cool 1/6 figures I DID get from obscure licenses that no one else would touch!"

But no, that would be too positive and "butt-kissiering" I guess.

Perhaps you're right. But as Buffy is the only other present line I collect its not 1/2 empty, its more like 4/5 empty. Sure, I'm glad over the ones I did get, but 1/2 the ones I mentioned can't be too obscure. Afterall, Hasbro had the Monsters and Apes first. :p
And I just can't help thinking of all the ones we could have gotten. :\

And as for "butt-kissiering"....is that even a word?? :lol

I'm getting me a Vampire Buffy so, my cuppeth runneth overreth. :)
As for SW killing the other 1/6 lines - I don't see that happening. As they develop new and different techniques for the juggernaut that is SW, I can't see that doing anything but helping the other existing lines. Perhaps it will take resources away at first, but hiring more sculptors and designers isn't out of the question I'm sure.
Dave, I like the way you think.

drsll.jpg

...I hope she is an "Origins Dru."

Okay... you have a point there, Gilgalad. Especially with how wonderfully Sideshow does period clothing. Plus - she has great hair in those pics. :rock :drool

Back