Dru up for preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what a Gurkha is, but am cloudy on it's significance to Drusilla.

Brant just mentioned in chat that the outlook for Buffy in 2006 is cloudy, as well, but,
there will be a new infusion of characters in 2006 from the Whedonverse.

:(

You and me, both, Gil.

As Brant said, "There is always hope."

wvb.jpg

So is it because people lost interest in the multiple figures of Buffy, Spike, and Angel. They are obviously not selling like past figures. None of the exclusives have yet to sell out. Sounds like poor biz decisions, not lack of fan support. People just want new figures. I expect Dru to sell out. Hopefully this will show SS that new characters are the way to go instead of rehashing the same 3 over and over. I can't help to think that the willow figure hurt the line too, She didnt sell like they had hoped I'm sure.

If the line ends I will be very pissed!

GilGalad, I totally agree with everything you just said. In fact, I mentioned pretty much the exact same points to someone earlier...

I don't think it's character choices - Xander excl. hasn't sold out, and if the monsters are so strong then is Der K still available?

Of all the lines this is the one I really don't want to see end, I hope there's a way to keep it going.

It must be due to more criticised figures not selling well. Had the momentum been sustained, we wouldn't be so panicked at this stage. I was one of the ones that cancelled about three figures from this line, it helped me to finally get a Premium. I couldn't keep justifying all spending and, as Frankenfan has stated, "the monsters", that's where I'll be concentrating my interests. As a collector I see it as a challenge, at a later date, the opportunities I may have to complete this line, at hopefully a sweet price.

The most recent figures have steered away from whatever the problems were perceived to be. I think, as sales pick up, due to these later figures, the accounts department should release the funds to research futher items. It would be cataclysmic event for Sideshow not to produce a Giles for instance, wouldn't it?

The futures looking Rosey. The past hasn't been all that bad either. I have to see it that way, it suits my circumstance. Sideshow will undoubtedly get the best figure award this year, and as a counter balance, the worst award. You can't buy that advertising. Of course, their worst still "blo's" others out of the picture. ;)

They said they were committed, and judging by the reaction to this scare, there are more than some, committed collectors. After all, as has been said, it was Sideshow that decided to take the route of releasing multiple figures. We have all screamed at having the main players first. In either argument, to me, the outcome should be the same. In reality it's not. Sideshow need the main players to even out the financial strain of otherwise having to release them all first, and accumulate dwindling sales to accomodate the collectors. Theirs looks the viable plan to me. They may have overestimated the enthusiasm expected. That being the case, we are likely to see less multilpes, or even tertiary to secondary figures. Sacrificed, to give us the choice personalities, and left to, possibly be reanimated :frank at some later stage. De-Ja vu. Hasn't this happened to this line before?

I will have my Der Kinderstod soon, it hasn't even reached our shores yet, so it's safe top say it hasn't sold out. Yep, readily available, and Dru looks sweet. As does the future. :drool Sweet. :lol

Great job with Dru, Hulkfan. :clap

Are you able to tell us anything about your collaboration, on Vampire Buffy, with Oluf?

Thanks Creech :)

For Vamp Buffy, I basically started with Oluf's original (bald) PG Buffy head, and added the vamp makeup and hair piece. That's something that Oluf would have normally done himself but I think he was swamped with other projects at the time (I believe he was knee-deep in Vader actually).

Still waiting on Vamp Buffy as well. It must be on the same boat as the Der, or so I'm hoping.

I see, now, how much of everyones energy is being robbed to sustain the Star Wars machine. That's one twin edged sword that licence. :bang2

Great so now official talk of the Buffy line dwindling, maybe if more attention had been paid to the posts on this board starting a year or so ago about all the duplicate characters that wouldn't be an issue. I mean c'mon I'm still dying for an Anya, Giles, Cordy, Tara, non vamp Dru,etc. So now what either Angel or FireFly Serenity more likely since the title character of Angel has already been done three times.

Great so now official talk of the Buffy line dwindling, maybe if more attention had been paid to the posts on this board starting a year or so ago about all the duplicate characters that wouldn't be an issue. I mean c'mon I'm still dying for an Anya, Giles, Cordy, Tara, non vamp Dru,etc.

Ditto.

And any 'series in trouble' rumours ain't going to help the sales of other figures if a portion of the fanbase thinks it isn't going to be able to assemble a complete Scooby Gang. Consumer confidence and all that. It would be nice to get some firm committments out of SSC's top brass.

I just hope it's not going to be the Playmates and no 12" Dr Bev scenario all over again...

Nick
who'd buy enough Taras to make her a profitable choice ;)

Buffy canceled??:thud

I hope not. This would be a real slap in the face to the Buffy fans.:(

Well Dru looks fabulous!! Andy did an outstanding job on this sculpt. :clap

well the Whedonverse contains three shows so

Angel (makes sense. and that would explain why Cordy has been so long in coming...)
and
Firefly (not so much but there is a God and he loves me maybe)

I hope the Buffy line doesn't suffer the same fate as the Bond line. Us Bond fans haven''t even get a mention so far at San Diego.

Brant didn't unequivocally state that the line is cancelled, rather that what the future holds for the Buffy line is uncertain. Dave's been hinting at a slow down for some time, as have others.

At the end of the day, I suspect that there was a finite number of figures slated for production for release in 2005 and, that character choices or sales did not impact the line in a significant way. Much like how the LotR line derailed the Uni Monsters, I believe the decision to channel the resources and talent of the 1:6 team to develop new licenses is what ultimately drove the nail in Buffy's collective coffin. And Bond's. And PotA's.

On the bright side, there are still three slots remaining to be filled from the list of product item numbers GilGaladHK assembled:

2000 - Hush Buffy with 3 Gentlemen
2001 - Hush Buffy
2002 - Single Gentleman
2003 - Single Gentleman
2004 - Single Gentleman
2005 - Graduation Day Buffy
2006 - Angel
2007 - Spike
2008 - Faith
2009 - Vamp Willow
2010 - Willow
2011 - Vamp Angel
2012 - Master
2013 - Prophecy Girl Buffy
2014 - Vamp Spike
2015 - Der Kindestod
2016 - Origins Angel
2017 - Subway Spike
2018 - Xander
2019 -?
2020 -?
2021- Vamp Drusilla
2022- Oz
20221- Werewolf Oz
2023 - ?
2024 - Vamp Buffy

I'd be very happy if Anyanka, D'Hoffryn and, of course, Giles, were to round out the current production schedule.

prmtv.gif

2019 -?
2020 -?
2021- Vamp Drusilla
2022- Oz
20221- Werewolf Oz
2023 - ?

I'd be happy with Giles, Dark Willow and Non-Vampire Dru. Speaking of which, I haven't had a chance to be on in a while but Andy, Dru is amazing. I love this figure. It's absolutely fantastic!!!

Good job the hotel I was staying at in the Caribbean had good internet facilities or I could have missed Dru.....unthinkable!

I am hearing some worrying noises in this thread about the line drawing to a close. I would echo Nick in that I would be really pissed if the Scooby line was left hanging (Giles, Cordy (A list) & Anya, Tara, Dawn (B list)).
I would also echo Frankenfan in hoping for a few more key monsters: Darla, D'Hoffryn, Judge, Caleb.

Like Nick I am still missing a 12" Bev Crusher and lack of completion makes me cross!!!

There are still gaps in the numbering range as some folks have indicated, but not many.
Don't let us down Sideshow!

I could swear that during chat I asked Brant?
about Buffy and he told me they had many more
figures to do so not to worry about the line ending.
Now I just have to go through the chat logs to prove it.
Buffy figures brought me to Sideshow. They are the
ones I want before any others so they have to continue
the line.

And I have ordered my Dru. Yahoo

The line CANT end! it would be simply wrong to leave the line without Giles, Tara, Anya, Cordy and a new willow(season 5) at least! And i think its safe to say that sideshow, If you do make another monster please make it the Judge!

if Giles, Tara, Anya, Cordy and a new willow(season 5) are the last Buffy figures we ever see I'll be a happy camper. but that doesnt mean i want the line to EVER end. coz i still REALLY actually DESPERATELY want a glory and 1 or her minions(exclusive 2pack!:banana ) and the mayor.

Buffy NEVER dies...

Back