DreamEx 1/6 Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8872cdf32059bbf0bf52b216568853f6.png

599061f7dd1da74218f77add636ce365.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a fan of the original 80/90's TMNT show, I'm so torn on whether to buy these.

I've never watched the newer incarnations of TMNT so I have no sentimental attachment to this particular take on the characters. But on the other hand, there are no other TMNT 1:6 alternatives.... and these figs for April, Shredder and Casey Jones are very close to their original look.

I wish the TMNT rights to the various figure scales weren't split up amongst different companies... NECA's TMNT 90's movie figures look awesome and are a really good value but at 1:4, they are a bit larger that I would have liked for my display.

These DreamEX lines are great. Certainly worth the money if you scored them cheap off eBay like I did.
On the other hand, if you only like the cartoons Turtles(who doesn't), you can also get the S.H. Figuarts version. They are pretty close.
Come to think of it, I have all three: NECA, DreamEX and Figuarts.
My favourite in order is:
1. DreamEX
2. NECA
3. S.H. Figuarts

Got April and Shredder in the mail yesterday. Both look really good. This line has been one of the most fun i have bought in a while. I hope they decide to do some more.

Threezero logic: a wild boar can’t be bigger or the same size as a rhino.

It will be all forgotten once Dreamex announces RS and BB

if they go the same route they went with Shredder and Casey Jones, those would be wonderful Rocksteady and Bebop.

It will be all forgotten once Dreamex announces RS and BB

It would make sense considering they have got an uneven ratio between the good guys and the bad guys right now, but I am glad regardless that they have not gone under as a company and are still going strong it appears. There must have been pretty strong sales for them to keep going even after loosing the official licence.

After Bebop and Rocksteady though I hope we get -

Splinter - Hopefully a more updated look to his original cartoon series look crossed with his look in the IDW comics.

Foot Soldier - Not sure if I want human or robot but they have so many looks over the years I can see the company having a field day with their appearances and also great troop builders.

Krang 2.0 - A long shot but I hope they do their own Krang version despite loosing the licence. The prototype looked amazing and hate it to go waste.

Baxter Stockman - His fly mutation version would be cool if they give him a really detailed wing design. Make him really stand out more.

Metal Head - A robotic turtle with hidden weapons and light up features would not fail to impress if done right.

ok i got threezero bebop and rocksteady
any ideas to give bebop more height?
im wondering if the ankle extenders trick would work

It would make sense considering they have got an uneven ratio between the good guys and the bad guys right now, but I am glad regardless that they have not gone under as a company and are still going strong it appears. There must have been pretty strong sales for them to keep going even after loosing the official licence.

After Bebop and Rocksteady though I hope we get -

Splinter - Hopefully a more updated look to his original cartoon series look crossed with his look in the IDW comics.

Foot Soldier - Not sure if I want human or robot but they have so many looks over the years I can see the company having a field day with their appearances and also great troop builders.

Krang 2.0 - A long shot but I hope they do their own Krang version despite loosing the licence. The prototype looked amazing and hate it to go waste.

Baxter Stockman - His fly mutation version would be cool if they give him a really detailed wing design. Make him really stand out more.

Metal Head - A robotic turtle with hidden weapons and light up features would not fail to impress if done right.

I would have to wonder if they would go through all the trouble of brand new head and body sculpts for what would be essentially unlicensed figures. The four turtles all used the same molds, as well as Casey and Shredder with the same body. April appears to be a kit-bash with newly sculpted accessories. Krang was sculpted while the license was still in effect and they had already paid for the tooling at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this line, but just have to wonder how viable additional non-human characters are. Most likely we would see a foot soldier because it would only require a head sculpt and tailored cloth costume. That would be a great army builder figure!

I would have to wonder if they would go through all the trouble of brand new head and body sculpts for what would be essentially unlicensed figures. The four turtles all used the same molds, as well as Casey and Shredder with the same body. April appears to be a kit-bash with newly sculpted accessories. Krang was sculpted while the license was still in effect and they had already paid for the tooling at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this line, but just have to wonder how viable additional non-human characters are. Most likely we would see a foot soldier because it would only require a head sculpt and tailored cloth costume. That would be a great army builder figure!

I would imagine more financially viable. They still make the figures and no longer have to pay the licensing fee.

I would imagine more financially viable. They still make the figures and no longer have to pay the licensing fee.

Right,They got past the turtles (license) part so they can make whatever ......if RS and BB do make it, expect different names (like april/newshen)

I want to see Splinter,Ace Duck,Leatherhead

830531ee0a1f66cf94d3712570249681.jpg

Someone just ordered turtle soup!

12845e9b7a35e51194886e42d2076150.jpg

3c24d85005586d3da50b74f28540fd5d.jpg

1ef67738833f0c301447dfac4658d323.jpg

These guys look amazing. I wish I had that money to spare on these 2 coz they ain't cheap!

I think it'll be wishful thinking to have a BB RS from DreamEX.
It doesn't look like they did too well for the Turtles so if anything, we've already received past what we could have hoped for.
In the end, it all comes down to money.
No income = no future releases.

Back