DreamEx 1/6 Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother said Newshen shoulda been called June.

Anyway wanted to see all four with comparisons, thought to do it here.
13.jpg

mA0iyC0.jpg

IMG_7841.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG
Thanks to whoever I nabbed those pics off.

I s'pose 1/4 scale ain't that big.

These DreamEX lines are great. Certainly worth the money if you scored them cheap off eBay like I did.
On the other hand, if you only like the cartoons Turtles(who doesn't), you can also get the S.H. Figuarts version. They are pretty close.
Come to think of it, I have all three: NECA, DreamEX and Figuarts.
My favourite in order is:
1. DreamEX
2. NECA
3. S.H. Figuarts

How cheap did you get them on ebay? I see the MSRP is $190 for the Turtles, which is basically in line with most 1:6 lines.

Yeah, actually I do own both the NECA SDCC set and SH Figurearts version of the Turtles. I'm really pleased with them, particularly the SH Figurearts. But most of my collection is 1:6 so I wanted something on that scale. These DreamEx come close to what I want even though they are not from the original series I grew up with. I already pre-ordered April and am pretty close to pulling the trigger on the rest of the DreamEX.

I see the DreamEX also has a alternate Turle headsculpt (with eyes) that look slightly more accurate to the original cartoon series. But they lack the expressions of the non-pupil heads.

My brother said Newshen shoulda been called June.

Anyway wanted to see all four with comparisons, thought to do it here.
View attachment 374481

View attachment 374483
Thanks to whoever I nabbed those pics off.

I s'pose 1/4 scale ain't that big.

April looks nice posed next to the rest of the Turtle brothers.

I completely forgot about the 1:4 baby Turtles from NECA - sorry to get off topic but any new updates on them?

How cheap did you get them on ebay? I see the MSRP is $190 for the Turtles, which is basically in line with most 1:6 lines.

Yeah, actually I do own both the NECA SDCC set and SH Figurearts version of the Turtles. I'm really pleased with them, particularly the SH Figurearts. But most of my collection is 1:6 so I wanted something on that scale. These DreamEx come close to what I want even though they are not from the original series I grew up with. I already pre-ordered April and am pretty close to pulling the trigger on the rest of the DreamEX.

I see the DreamEX also has a alternate Turle headsculpt (with eyes) that look slightly more accurate to the original cartoon series. But they lack the expressions of the non-pupil heads.

I just bid on them instead of BIN on eBay and got them for 129-145.00

I got mine for around US$150 each. I bidded on them too.
Couldn't find a Casey Jones for cheap so didn't get him.
Get Shredder for ok price too but at $185 Buy It Now.

Casey was the most expensive one for me too.

I just bid on them instead of BIN on eBay and got them for 129-145.00

Are these new (never been opened)? And are sellers you bought from in the US?

I see a lot of DreamEx listings are currently from Asia, who are typically OK (besides slow shipping) but I've run into a couple bad experiences.

Thank your for the ebay tip. I'm usually the impatient type so I typically don't like bidding on auctions. But it might be worth a shot since you guys mentioned saving between $30-60 per figure. If I buy all 4 Turtles for an average of $150 each, that's an approximate savings of about $200 off MSRP.

Mine were new from Asia. And I waited until eBay had bonus rewards. It took a while to get all 4 because of this though. Had to time auctions ending with the bonus rewards but when you factor that in, they were even a better bargain.

Are these new (never been opened)? And are sellers you bought from in the US?

I see a lot of DreamEx listings are currently from Asia, who are typically OK (besides slow shipping) but I've run into a couple bad experiences.

Thank your for the ebay tip. I'm usually the impatient type so I typically don't like bidding on auctions. But it might be worth a shot since you guys mentioned saving between $30-60 per figure. If I buy all 4 Turtles for an average of $150 each, that's an approximate savings of about $200 off MSRP.

They were brand new from Hong Kong.
It was packed very well and sent out a few hours after purchase and payment by super fast postage which is as good as it gets.
It literally arrived over the weekend for me and I'm in Australia.

Mine were new from Asia. And I waited until eBay had bonus rewards. It took a while to get all 4 because of this though. Had to time auctions ending with the bonus rewards but when you factor that in, they were even a better bargain.

They were brand new from Hong Kong.
It was packed very well and sent out a few hours after purchase and payment by super fast postage which is as good as it gets.
It literally arrived over the weekend for me and I'm in Australia.

Thank you so much for the ebay Asian seller tip.

I was able to get 3 of the Turtles shipped for $130 each, so that's a $180 savings so far... I guess these Asian sellers make a profit based more on volume than margin, because this price seriously undercuts any American distributor or retailer.

Leo and Donatello only took a week to arrive - but I still need to go to the post office to pick then up because the packages require signature. Mikey is still in customs.

I noticed ebay prices for Shredder and Casey Jones are around the original MSRP, considerably more expensive than the Turtles - is it because they were released much earlier and are available in less quantities now (relative to the Turtle brothers)?

I noticed ebay prices for Shredder and Casey Jones are around the original MSRP, considerably more expensive than the Turtles - is it because they were released much earlier and are available in less quantities now (relative to the Turtle brothers)?

I believer Casey Jones is in the second run as the first sold out.

IMG_5183[1].jpg Mixing ALL the brands! Playmates, DreamEx, Mondo, Threezero to make a pretty formidable force for my Mondo turtles and DreamEx Casey and April.

I believer Casey Jones is in the second run as the first sold out.

Just bought Casey off Ebay.... I noticed when my shipments of Leo, Don and Mikey arrived, the outer box all had "China Market Only" in the bottom left corner.

Will DreamEx release Krang?

I thought I saw a picture of an unpainted Krang prototype so I was debating whether to wait for that or get the First Gokin NT-01 Cerebral... but I wonder if Dreamex lost the TMNT license from Nickelodeon - the April O' Neil figure is called "Newschen" and packaging seems to have been stripped of licensed logos.

Recently moved and re-doing all my shelves. Still need to re-arrange these guys but I love this line.

TMNT.jpg

Just bought Casey off Ebay.... I noticed when my shipments of Leo, Don and Mikey arrived, the outer box all had "China Market Only" in the bottom left corner.

Will DreamEx release Krang?

I thought I saw a picture of an unpainted Krang prototype so I was debating whether to wait for that or get the First Gokin NT-01 Cerebral... but I wonder if Dreamex lost the TMNT license from Nickelodeon - the April O' Neil figure is called "Newschen" and packaging seems to have been stripped of licensed logos.

Yes there was a pic of the prototype before and later pre-order up for the final figure.
I think it might have been cancelled as there's not much articulation in the final product and lots of us were put off by it.
I thought about the First Gokin before as well but it just didn't look like a collectable to me. More of a toy.

View attachment 380190 Mixing ALL the brands! Playmates, DreamEx, Mondo, Threezero to make a pretty formidable force for my Mondo turtles and DreamEx Casey and April.

Excellent display!
Now to find the ThreeA duo for an affordable price.

Back