DreamEx 1/6 Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the general consensus on these figures? I saw Leonardo for a good price but I'm on the fence about picking him up.

The line has always looked great to me, but unfortunately it's a TMNT line, which means they make a handful of figures and then stop completely. It's hard for me to commit if I know there's always a slim chance the figures I have interest in won't get made.

Worth getting if you are a turtles fan. A unique TMNT line considering they are in 1/6 scale

I have everything released in this line thus far and, a few paint issues aside, I've been extremely pleased with them. They feel like a love letter to grown fans who collected the original line of Playmates toys in the 80s. I was actually quite surprised at how much I like their take on April. I hope there are more to come. Does anyone know what happened to Krang in the android body? DreamEx showed unpainted prototype pics but then nothing for a long time. After months of searching I found what looks to be exactly the same sculpt being sold as "Big Boss Cerebral" by manufacturer Hero Club. Preorders are closed and the release date is Q4 2018. Whether or not DreamEx and Hero Club are connected or one and the same I cannot say. In any case the sculpting is superb but the figure itself looks like a brick...

https://www.mohock.co.nz/hero-club-the-big-boss-cerebral-1-6th-scale-figure

Is Raphael out for these guys?

A friend of mine just snagged the other 3, but every where he looks, Raphael is sold out / expected in March.
Is he out and sold out or not?
Where might I find one?

thanks

Is Raphael out for these guys?

A friend of mine just snagged the other 3, but every where he looks, Raphael is sold out / expected in March.
Is he out and sold out or not?
Where might I find one?

thanks

The turtles were released in pairs. Raphael with Leonardo being first release after Shredder and Casey Jones. Michelangelo and Donatello were next.
It may be a little hard to find currently because it's been a while.

Raph came out a while ago. No sign of any reissues, yet
I’m trying to get one for someone in the US. I am having no luck. Found a few on line but when I try to purchase, I’m told (eventually - sold out).
There are some at 4 - 5 times original price. Those too, when I enquirer, I’m not getting any answers.
I am concluding that this was the last production piece before the lisence was lost, and it may not have met its intended numbers.

Damn shame. I had a chance to get one of a remaining few on eBay back in Feb not realizing this would happen but decided to wait until after my vacation. I ended up buying all the others too. But without Raph, there's literally no point. Will likely sell all my DreamEX by the end of the year if I don't have an opportunity to get Raph by then.

A Very unappreciated 1/6 line. Shame we won't get more. Rock Steady/Bebop would of been a nice ending to these.

If anyone is looking for a Raphael, I managed to get one via a Spanish website. They only ship to Spain, so I also got a forwarding address in Spain via spainbox.com and they sent it right to me:

https://www.vistoenpantalla.com/fig...-cm-las-tortugas-ninja-dreamex-ref-65988.html

Used Google translate for the ordering and communication since I don't speak a lick of Spanish. Took them almost 3 weeks to get it in from their vendor, a day or two to get to the Spainbox address, and about another week for Spainbox to send it out to me. That took about another week. All a bit pricey, but worth it considering Raphael is impossible to find now.

Raph came out a while ago. No sign of any reissues, yet
I’m trying to get one for someone in the US. I am having no luck. Found a few on line but when I try to purchase, I’m told (eventually - sold out).
There are some at 4 - 5 times original price. Those too, when I enquirer, I’m not getting any answers.
I am concluding that this was the last production piece before the lisence was lost, and it may not have met its intended numbers.

How did these shoot up in value so much?

I picked up the other Turtles (Leo, Mike, Don) for dirt cheap about a year ago. But I forgot to pick up Raph for some reason.

I went searching for Raph today and was shocked at the prices. They must be super rare.

It was s small company that produced them. 7 figures were released, but by the time of the 7th it was clear that the license had expired, as April became News Hen !!
No more figures were produced and the others kept up, except Raph. He soared.
My own trout is that he was produced with folded arms, and therefore cost more to produce. This could have enforced a lesser production run. Only a theory.
My own set is boxed up just now as I needed space for my growing 007 collection.

Wish I had bought these when the getting was good, I only got Shredder.

I did pre-order Donnie and Leo a few months ago. If they lost the license, how can they re-issue?

Back