Dragon's 1/6 scale Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 scale Astronaut?

I have to agree, I revieed the U2 Pilot here, slightly different kettle of fish, but it was even more detailed than the Dragon NASA figs.

Yeah it's not EVA and a little different then the early shuttle suits but It's close enough for me.

By the way, the pictures in your U2 Pilot review aren't working for me.

Yeah it's a little different then the early shuttle suits but It's close enough for me.

By the way, the pictures in your U2 Pilot review aren't working for me.

Same here, I'll see if Mike can fix it.

I've never heard of this retailer before... any idea if they are reliable? that is a killer price :lecture

Yeah, kind of nice that the updated re-release is selling for less than the originals were fetching a year ago.

No moon base, but I can live w/o that feature.

I'm seriously considering this. Anyone here have the original? What do they think of it?

The original is supposed to be pretty kickass... BTW, Cotswold has him in for $137... probably be a few bucks more with shipping than $145 but I know they are reliable.

I'm seriously considering this. Anyone here have the original? What do they think of it?

I've read plenty of positive comments about the earlier releases, and how well they hold up over time in terms of detail. Prone to yellowing though (but so were the 1:1 suits). This release comes without the moon platform, but most people seem to agree that the base was poorly done so no great loss. We also get a camera and a headsculpt of someone who could be Neil Armstrong if the lights are low enough and you squint your eyes a bit (when I get mine I'll be posing him with the visor down).

I'm no flight buff, but I am getting into fleshing out a shelf of historically significant figures, so this is a no-brainer for me :)

You wont regret it, I have 3 but I'm still thinking of getting this one as well. Considering it's basically a re-release of the same outfit that came out about ten years ago it's still spot on and easily as good as contemporary high end stuff.

Whoa, excellent idea. And that pic of the actual 1/6 astronaut is amazing. I love that it comes with the full suit.

I definitely and going to look into incorporating something like this into my collection.

I think the main problem we face is that we cannot name an astronaut that has flown within the past 40, 50 years, ok besides Clint Eastwood in Space Cowboys...

Hmm, not to go off subject, but, Clint Eastwood DX series? I would looooooove to get my hands on a Dirty Harry 1/6 with the Magnum included, no ____. LOL
:hi5:

Just been processed by BBTS, but I think I'll wait until Cap, Sparrow and/or Indy is ready before I push the POL button. This figure is $144 at BBTS, but as others have said can be had for a few bucks less from other stores. If it wasn't such a full Q3/Q4 I would've bought two, I've been wanting one of these since I started collecting 1/6 around 18 months ago.

Back