Dragon's 1/6 scale Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 scale Astronaut?

I haven't examined them in a while, but my recollection is that the outfits are about as good as it gets. The body and sculpts are not HT standards at all and are rather generic.

Eh, I'm picky picky when it comes to the shape an outfit has, they're a smidgen too puffy for me - but still superb figures worth buying even at today's prices.

only problem is that due to age some of them have started to yellow. And the grey skull caps tend to turn red

Yeah, mine's got the pink Snoopy cap issue. No yellowing though.

Overall a great figure for DML. The boots could have been better, but everything else was nicely done.

Have to admit I didn't notice the yellowing till I looked at the boxed ones I kept. It's not something you notice till you put them side by side.
That said when I visited the the Science Museum a few months back the actual NASA EVA's had gone pretty yellow, so at least it's authentic!

One of the figures on my list of must haves... never seem to find a good price though :monkey2

I love this figure. Just amazing detail.
I replaced the Dragon skull cap with the Hasbro one because the Hasbro one has the little microphones attached and looks better.

-Ray

Fantastic figure(s) and ditto on the "slight" yellowing. I had a Buck displayed for some time and then took out a Buzz to display next to him and then noticed Buck's slight yellowing compared to the minty fresh Buzz. No problem with the Snoopy cap, though.

I've got a second Buzz waiting for the Alan Shepard Apollo 14 update set from EVA Models.

Dragon, Buck and Buzz. A few years old now, but still really good 1/6 Apollo astronaut figures. You can usually find them on Ebay for around $200 +/-

https://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/html/73077 page4.htm

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101802b.htm

apollo10.jpg

review_buck_3.jpg

Don't wanna go off topic but has anyone ever made a ripley in a spacesuit from the end of alien from one of these or are they gunna release it through hot toys?

Don't wanna go off topic but has anyone ever made a ripley in a spacesuit from the end of alien from one of these or are they gunna release it through hot toys?

I was always hoping that Ripley in the white spacesuit and Lambert in the blue spacesuit would follow Dallas and Kane. Perhaps it's still a possibility since they just released the Big-Chap, but I've seen a lot of Dallas and Kane on mark-down, so I'm guessing they didn't sell as well as had hoped, so Rip and Lambert may not happen...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

I was always hoping that Ripley in the white spacesuit and Lambert in the blue spacesuit would follow Dallas and Kane. Perhaps it's still a possibility since they just released the Big-Chap, but I've seen a lot of Dallas and Kane on mark-down, so I'm guessing they didn't sell as well as had hoped, so Rip and Lambert may not happen...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Oh well I am after a dallas and maybe a kane even though he looks nothing like john hurt in the film,wtf is the moustasche all about?

So maybe I'll get them cheap lol.

Ripley in spacesuit would be the nuts though.

I wish I had bought one as well. The DML Apollo Astronauts rock!!!

^^^^^

Oooh, thanks for that! :)

I have two Buzz's and a Buck still some of my favourites. I also have the old BBi U2 pilot, I said in his review which was 4 years ago that it's unbelievable that no one else has picked up the reigns and done more Astronauts...

Seems like all the pics I have seen have been the "Buck" figure? What does "Buzz" look like? Or am I missing something?

Ali talks to buzz about the conspiracy lol
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hTKedyQQkZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hTKedyQQkZQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
"Does the moon really exist?"

"...my man Buzz Lightyear here!"
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

^^^^^
Oooh, thanks for that! :)

Seems like all the pics I have seen have been the "Buck" figure? What does "Buzz" look like? Or am I missing something?
You must have missed my post
Dragon did the Buzz Aldrin and another space suited figure that wasn't much different other than in name.
Here's a couple of pics. You'll see they both look similar and neither really looks like Buzz Aldrin.
BUZZ
212x0kj.jpg
9azeit.jpg

BUCK
iqvs6d.jpg

As Creech said, the sculpts aren't too strong. But there again it was all about the EVA's and the detail. The main diff was that Buck came with the moon base and flag while Buzz just got the cine-camera

I love my Buzz and Buck astronauts but they're far surpassed by the U2/SR-71/Space Shuttle Bob Chapman Pilot figure by Blue Box. Awesome figure for only $30!

I really wish someone would do more astronaut/cosmonaut suits. The Mercury Astronauts are really underrepresented.

I love my Buzz and Buck astronauts but they're far surpassed by the U2/SR-71/Space Shuttle Bob Chapman Pilot figure by Blue Box. Awesome figure for only $30!

I really wish someone would do more astronaut/cosmonaut suits. The Mercury Astronauts are really underrepresented.

I have to agree, I revieed the U2 Pilot here, slightly different kettle of fish, but it was even more detailed than the Dragon NASA figs.

Back