Dragonball: The Live Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe I've read that Toriyama definitely wanted the series to move from Goku to Gohan and have him come into his own especially setting the stage that Gohan should have been more powerful then Goku or any other Saiyan with how fast he achieved SS2. The popularity of Goku and the overshadowing of Gohan made him change suit. Its also been rumored that he wanted to include SS4 in during the Buu saga but rewrote it all and included it in the initial plannings of DBGT. Personally, I absolutely hate DBGT except for the SS4 transformations because I believe its a nice natural progression but its the relationship with Bandai, you're right, that stopped him from doing anything past the DB Christmas Special which dealt with Goku's great-grandson.

I believe I've read that Toriyama definitely wanted the series to move from Goku to Gohan and have him come into his own especially setting the stage that Gohan should have been more powerful then Goku or any other Saiyan with how fast he achieved SS2. The popularity of Goku and the overshadowing of Gohan made him change suit. Its also been rumored that he wanted to include SS4 in during the Buu saga but rewrote it all and included it in the initial plannings of DBGT. Personally, I absolutely hate DBGT except for the SS4 transformations because I believe its a nice natural progression but its the relationship with Bandai, you're right, that stopped him from doing anything past the DB Christmas Special which dealt with Goku's great-grandson.

Have you ever read Neko Majin Z? It is Toriyama at his best. The main character is a cat demon that was trained by Son Goku. It is more comedy than martial arts but includes new Saiya-jins, Frieza's son who looks really cool and a guest appearance by Son Goku himself!!
I know right now Toriyama has sworn off of Dragon Ball but who knows, in 10 to 20 years he might want to revisit everyone's favorite Kung-Fu/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Epic.

Also, I like to compare Goku to Superman just because the similarities are there and Toriyama has admitted to using Superman as a inspiration for DBZ. When it comes to Gohan taking over for Goku after the defeat of Cell it was very similar to when Superboy became the main focus in the Death Of Superman. I loved Superboy, but you were always wondering when Supes would be back. He is the star, even though Gohan is Goku just with more brains and less natural fighting ability.
I also like to compare it to when Ben Reilly took over as Spider-Man for Peter Parker in the Clone Saga. Same powers, slightly different look, even the same voice. It's just, you want the star back. The story is better when they are together. Like peanut butter and chocolate.

Last edited:
Teaser Poster:

dragonball-teaser-poster.jpg

I was really hoping the tag line would be "Hold on to your balls!"
Oh, well...:dunno

LOL :lol

Or "Grab those balls!"

Nice poster, I like it.

Didn't Toriyama have little-to-nothing to do with DBGT? I think I remember reading that he did the initial character designs...but thinks like SSJ4 were NOT his design.

Plus he does not consider DBGT as part of his canon. I remember reading that the MMO Dragon Ball game will be much more in line as the DBZ follow-up than GT since Toriyama is directly involved with the development of the game.

Yeah I noted that a couple of posts above. He created the designs and then walked away.

LOL :lol

Or "Grab those balls!"

Nice poster, I like it.

Didn't Toriyama have little-to-nothing to do with DBGT? I think I remember reading that he did the initial character designs...but thinks like SSJ4 were NOT his design.

Plus he does not consider DBGT as part of his canon. I remember reading that the MMO Dragon Ball game will be much more in line as the DBZ follow-up than GT since Toriyama is directly involved with the development of the game.

You are absolutely right, DBGT is not considered cannon on the Toriyama front. I can't wait to see what will happen with Dragonball Online. Maybe a new series?

I dont know ill watch it but cant say i expect the best movies lately around this type of stuff just does not cut it

This goes into the same category as X-Files 2 - I never in my life expected it to exist, so how bad can it be? I have absolutely no expectation for it and even if it's terrible, I'm going to probably enjoy some aspect of it. Too bad there's no CGI Oolong. We get Yamcha, but no Oolong?
Another X-Files/DBZ similarity - both series went squarely into the crapper before they ended, and I don't care, I still love them both.

Yeah, it's gonna suck, but we will all watch it anyway, either at the theater or on DVD... admit it, you know you will! :rotfl

:lol I still can't believe they're going in this direction. And why the f#ck doesn't Master Rochi have a beard and not bald? This will blow but as Lonnie said, I am going to watch it.

Yeah, it's gonna suck, but we will all watch it anyway, either at the theater or on DVD... admit it, you know you will! :rotfl

It will suck and blow then regurgitate everyone's deepest cinematic fears. Total crap. It's got Download written all over it.

More movie pics....
DBZmovie1.jpg

DBZmovie2.jpg

DBZmovie3.jpg

DBZmovie4.jpg

What to say???
I'm ify about this film but I guess we will wait and see but yea its just going to give new viewers to DB/DBZ/DBGT a false impression of what the cartoon is really like if they have not seen this before :banghead

I want this too be good
I mean I have been a die hard fan since day 1 so I want it too sort of succeed I mean I don't want my favorite childhood programs too be entire crap on the big screen

Last edited:
GOD.....I love the look they gave Emmy Rossum.......Even if this film sucks it'll still continue my love affair with Bulma. :lol

44319.jpg

Gotta love the Blue Stripe they are giving Bulma. Man....I'm crushing on Emmy Rossum...

emmyjamie.jpg

Yeah, Emmy's a beauty. Too bad she's stuck in a dead end movie.

Who's the Asian chick Emmy's standing next to? I haven't seen her in a movie, I don't think.
"Jamie Chung," never heard of her.

DRAGONBALL Z movie

hey guys just saw the first poster for the movie.

This looks bad !! real bad. I am very disapointed.
that looks like it might be picolo on tne back.

let me know what you guys think.
44319.jpg

atleast they got the dragonball right :)
looks like Yun-Fat Chow is master ROSHI OMG !! :(

Last edited:
Re: DRAGONBALL Z movie

is this an American production?

Back