Dracula SSE Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vince said:
I think Frankenstein looks perfectly in scale.
For me he always seemed a lot bigger then Dracula or the Wolfman.

I like it that he is so big.

But with the busts it really bothers me Ardeth is so small.
When you see Lugosi and Karloff together in their movies like The Raven, The Black Cat etc.
I remember Karloff having the biggest head, but it could just be my subconscience speaking ...

Anyway, I display them nowhere near eachother.

Well, I will agree that they seem out of scale with each other. Just did some quick measurements...

Ardeth Bey - distance around the forehead (just under the Fez) - 23 1/2"; distance from the top of the bridge of the nose (between the eyebrows) to the tip of the chin - 5"

Dracula - distance around the forehead (about the same position as Ardeth) - 25 3/4"; distance from the top of the bridge of the nose (between the eyebrows) to the tip of the chin - 6"

So Dracula is definitely a "bigger" head, but I don't know if that is accurate to real life or not. My own head measured approximately 25" and 5 1/2" (but I was doing the measuring myself, so it may not be an accurate measure).

The IMDB lists Karloff at 5'11" and Lugosi at 6'1" - I am 6'1" as well, so the Dracula looks like it is pretty much the right size. If there is someone out there that is about 5'11", measure your head and let's see if Ardeth is close. I think Ardeth is probably close to correct size, but just appears a lot smaller than it actually is because of the very gaunt face.

Back