Dr. Manhattan Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should a Hot Toys Dr. Manhatten figure be anatomically correct?

• Total voters
Re: Dr. Manhatten Poll

You know, for a guy running around naked, he isn't exactly the most gifted guy :lol

And wow, 2-2-2-2 for the poll right now!

Uh, he's master of time and space - he can be as gifted as he wants to be.

Well, it's only 1:15 where I am. But sleep is over rated, especially if there's other freaks still up to debate Dr. Manhattans wang.

Of course he should. If it's a legitimate costume (or lack of) from the movie and it can be provided, then why not? Of course, if the question was "Will the Dr Manhattan figure be naked", then my answer would be no. As someone else noted, there's too many weinerphobes out there for that to happen.

And leave the poor Doc alone...those big muscles make everything else look smaller. And maybe he's a grower, not a show-er.

drmanhattenacsw9.png

Ummm, if this is your view of an anatomically correct male, I'm a bit worried.

Yeah.. we can't all be ^^^^^ experts like yourself. :monkey3

For a figure, how would you define "anatomically correct"?

This is from the Graphic Novels:

Dr. Manhatten

In the live-action film he has like black underwear. So what exactly do you want? If you want a realistic ^^^^^ go to a sex shop.

Last edited:

Expert? You give me too much credit. Merely a big fan :monkey1

I agree with you that any figure won't show the sausage and eggs as separate like in the illustration you posted. But it's not anatomically correct to present a formless plastic lump either. And FYI, in the movie they have said they balance his speedo wearing with shots of it all hanging out (there was a pretty funny section of an interview with the director, I think, where he discusses the meetings with the CGI team that were to determine exactly how endowed the good doctor should be. If I were Billy Cruddup, I'd be insisting that my contract state "VERY" :lol)

So no need to go to a sex shop to see a "realistic" blue wang - I'll be able to see one as soon as the movie is released.

Any non-American collectors have a problem with the frank n' beans?

(question not meant to offend)

Last edited:

I hope they give him is parts, just to be more accurate and gives us the option to display it that way if we wish. I doubt I'd display him like that, but it would be nice to have the option to do so. A bigger question is how will HT make him? Will they make him like DCD with just a figure body painted blue, or will they have a thin layer of blue rubber over a truetype?

Hey Buttmuch, small nit... can you fix Manhattan to the correct spelling?

:monkey3

Also, good to see that the "No" votes are receiving the deserved beatdown.

Back