dr doom vs iron man comiquette...which do you prefer??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the strange thing is that most of us are with doom!!!!!!wowowow:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

the strange thing is that most of us are with doom!!!!!!wowowow:chew

yep the board speaks the truth. while IM enjoyed his rise to stardom, many things have tainted his legacy such as the over marketing of the character and the many fakes that the recasters have pumped out.

doom's reputation remains untarnished and to date is the only great represention of the character to own.:naughty

doom. the first time i saw that pf was the first time i ever felt truly convinced comic statues could be a huge market. It is just a classic in every way. the pose and the feeling of power and superiority that is expressed is unreal.

i like iron man but have no urge to own it. although it is based on the art, it just never seemed like an iron man pose to me.

one day i will own doom. i still rue the day(s) i passed up the exclusives for about 50$ over retail figuring i will buy one cheaper in a few months. if i knew then what i know now!!

doom. the first time i saw that pf was the first time i ever felt truly convinced comic statues could be a huge market. It is just a classic in every way. the pose and the feeling of power and superiority that is expressed is unreal.

i like iron man but have no urge to own it. although it is based on the art, it just never seemed like an iron man pose to me.

one day i will own doom. i still rue the day(s) i passed up the exclusives for about 50$ over retail figuring i will buy one cheaper in a few months. if i knew then what i know now!!

i do not think that doom pf will ever cost less than 1000 dollars man..

i know, first sideshow order i ever canceled lol.

Date Placed: 2005-07-18 17:10:14
Subtotal: $0.00
Tax (Est.): $0.00
Ship (Est.): $22.70
Grand Total: $22.70
Item(s) Shipping from Sideshow Collectibles
Sku Description Status

MARVEL Collectibles Premium Format Figures Doctor Doom (1) Canceled

Unit Price: 300.00 each

I wish I knew about the hobby back when IM and Doom shipped. I didn't find out till Cap America, and passed on him too. My first Marvel piece was Stealth IM.

I wish I knew about the hobby back when IM and Doom shipped. I didn't find out till Cap America, and passed on him too. My first Marvel piece was Stealth IM.

that's also my wish!i started collecting a year ago,so i have missed all the
beauiful pieces..only if i knew...

i know, first sideshow order i ever canceled lol.

Date Placed: 2005-07-18 17:10:14
Subtotal: $0.00
Tax (Est.): $0.00
Ship (Est.): $22.70
Grand Total: $22.70
Item(s) Shipping from Sideshow Collectibles
Sku Description Status

MARVEL Collectibles Premium Format Figures Doctor Doom (1) Canceled

Unit Price: 300.00 each

Ouch.. that hurts.

DOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!
000_0002_01-1.jpg

x :wave

yep the board speaks the truth. while IM enjoyed his rise to stardom, many things have tainted his legacy such as the over marketing of the character and the many fakes that the recasters have pumped out.

doom's reputation remains untarnished and to date is the only great represention of the character to own.:naughty

And bottom line, that is exactly what has happened. I think if there were a lot of great Dooms out there, or even equal the number of dooms and IM, I think the polls would be a bit different.

I have them both, even had a stealth repainted, and because of the rarity, I would have to keep the Doom Exc. I would normally not say that as I like the superheros around for my displays way more than the villains.

And remember, we are talking PF and commiquette, different class.

I think this thread would be more comparable when the 1:2 IM comes out. If it is done well, and people had to make a choice between the 1:2 and the Doom, then we may see a different response.

Have to wait and see what this turns out like.

when the iron child comes out we will compare them..but iron child is so huge and very expensive..doom was sold for 325 dollars and now costs about 2000 dollars..anyway,i think doom has the best pose in all comiquettes and pfs..that's my little opinion..

when the iron child comes out we will compare them..but iron child is so huge and very expensive..doom was sold for 325 dollars and now costs about 2000 dollars..anyway,i think doom has the best pose in all comiquettes and pfs..that's my little opinion..

It's true, the Exc Doom has arguably the best post, detailed sculpt of them all.

No question about it, Dr. Doom is the best sculpt so far. My favorite right now. The Iron Man is good, a lot of people cancelled when it was time to ship it out because they thought it looked funny but paint job threw it over the top. I stayed up or got up early just to buy Dr. Doom and waited anxiously by the computer to buy it and it was well worth it.

i do not think that in the new collectibles will be the prices so much up.
in my opinion,the only statue which has a possibility is the new iron man diorama because of the sculpt and the very limited edition.

I would've liked to have seen a Doom VS Iron Man Dioramma.

But as far as what the topic is about, Doom PF.

Back