Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because there are less than 1,000 in the world and the quality is on par.

this is an open ES item that looks like you could find it on display in a blockbuster or hallmark store.

I highly doubt SS make over 1000 of these LSF. I need to go to your blockbuster mate

Looks good, they did a good job on this one. Quality seems to be there. One of their best LSF's by a mile.

Phenomenal statue from these pics. Congrats to those who got it. I still dont understand why the Wolverine LSF did not come with the originally planned addiitonal two heads. The Doom Statue looks so detailed and still comes with so many extras for the same price as the Wolverine LSF.

Back in 2013 when we first saw the Doom LSF at Comic Con, I went on record to say that the Doom LSF was one of the best collectibles that I'd ever seen period! I'm so happy to say that after seeing these amazing inhand pics so far that I still feel the same and the only thing that I'm gutted about is the fact Sideshow have told me that their Doom LSF's shipments will be split into 2 deliveries :( Those who have already been notified of their order shipping soon in the past 2 weeks will have their orders fulfilled anytime now, those who haven't received any emails from Sideshow will unfortunately have to wait a bit longer to get our hands on this amazing statue! Here are a few more pics guys from another lucky owner :)

be9251dfdf345aa0c4672a3a1a11c51e.jpg

8d12f0f483a4904a8c1d796cba48f087.jpg

5378297bffeefca4de76ef6b014490bb.jpg

1c1f08c644e5a3d66909a8aeeb5a6fca.jpg

Yeah, I had absolutely no doubt this was going to impress. Detail wise, this thing looks magnificent.
It would be great if these things were about 25% cheaper...but price is less relevant than overall size. I could save up the money to buy it eventually- but getting room to display it properly is really a bridge too far. This one will forever be something I will have to appreciate vicariously from afar.

Azurepred – Dimensions on him look to be about 25" x 14.25" x 43". That is measuring from the base. His arms stretch out over the base so you have to figure another 2". If you happen to have the Darth Maul LSF, Dr. Doom looks to be 3 - 4" taller than him. As for the head, I have to be honest mine had some substantial weight to it. Felt very solid to me and not plastic at all.

Phenomenal statue from these pics. Congrats to those who got it. I still dont understand why the Wolverine LSF did not come with the originally planned addiitonal two heads. The Doom Statue looks so detailed and still comes with so many extras for the same price as the Wolverine LSF.

Yes, SS skimp out on Wolverine for sure. Way smaller, and one head only too.

Azurepred – Dimensions on him look to be about 25" x 14.25" x 43". That is measuring from the base. His arms stretch out over the base so you have to figure another 2". If you happen to have the Darth Maul LSF, Dr. Doom looks to be 3 - 4" taller than him. As for the head, I have to be honest mine had some substantial weight to it. Felt very solid to me and not plastic at all.

That's great news. I love the details on the armor, phenomenal.

Wolverine is shorter than everybody else. Pretty obvious the LSF is too. Can't blame Sideshow for only having one head either, Marvel axed the others

SS still could have made an extra that that Marvel approve. Just keep working on it. Or drop the LSF price, that seem fair.

Wolverine is shorter than everybody else. Pretty obvious the LSF is too. Can't blame Sideshow for only having one head either, Marvel axed the others

Odd that any other company in the market managed to have switch out heads for Wolverine in any scale and format.

Odd that any other company in the market managed to have switch out heads for Wolverine in any scale and format.

Exactly. And look at the PF unmasked head. That ugly thing got approved and the LSF one didn't? Wouldn't surprise me if SSC gets a freebie excuse of "marvel wouldn't approve it" when it's really just "let's cut costs."

just curious, do you think any piece is worth 2k? I don't think this one is, but I think some of the ECC stuff is.

ECC stuff? I'm not sure anything out there right now is worth 2k to me. I'm just not willing to spend that much on one piece. These LSFs are impressive size no doubt but I still can't see paying 2k for them. Doom is one of the better ones though. The ~$1200 I'm going to spend on XM Phoenix is my absolute limit and even that's pushing it. It's not that I can't afford it but its just I'd rather spend my money on two pieces rather than one...and space is definitely an issue.

SS still could have made an extra that that Marvel approve. Just keep working on it. Or drop the LSF price, that seem fair.

nothing fair in this hobby my friend... its dog eat dog world here..... =DD

Pics are looking GREAT so far. I'm still of the opinion that this may very well be the BEST piece of merch SSC has ever released. I'm blown away with how good this looks. Congrats to all of you that have this coming in.

Back