Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This. You can only copy the character so much before it becomes a variant by adding more details, these guys were drawn simplistically back then and haven't evolved too much, from the pictures and everything I've seen so far I'm not sure what else you could ask for in terms of details. But I guess for 2k nitpicking is understandable.

Most of the people nitpicking didn't order and never had any intention to. This piece came out amazing. The number of people feeling the need to rain on the parade is kind of astonishing actually. I know that is the norm for SS of late, but when something comes out this well....sheesh!

While I didn't order, I sure kicked the tires on this one. Makes me completely regret settling for the new PF. That feels like $500 (after shipping) flushed away in comparison to this.

Congrats to all those who did/are getting this, I think it looks fantastic, and is worthy of being the centerpiece to any collection.

I don't think you can compare this to the Reaper LSF in sculpt. It's more detailed in the sculpt because it can be. The characters are different, one allows for more detail, the other doesn't. Doom can't get anymore detailed than this one is. The only other thing they could've done is made a more detailed base. Unless XM copies this sculpt, it's not even possible for them to make a more detailed Doom.

I might argue that the new PF has sculpted chainmail showing where the gloves connect to the forearm, that's a detail (and a good one) that this LSF doesn't have. There are always more details to add, I find it very short sighted to claim the opposite, but whatever. Time will tell.

Most of the people nitpicking didn't order and never had any intention to. This piece came out amazing. The number of people feeling the need to rain on the parade is kind of astonishing actually. I know that is the norm for SS of late, but when something comes out this well....sheesh!

So, what? I never had the intention to buy, but I'm still a huge Doom fan and a statue collector, I think I have the right to express my opinion freely on a discussion board. I'm not preventing others from saying "it's huge! it's awesome!" even if to me it's a simplicistic and poor statement, but to each his own.

For a $2k statue they should not be using any plastic in their product. The metal paint application looks exactly that, shiny plastic.

i notice the eye colors are different than the Prototype

Attachments

• IMG_5592.JPG
    IMG_5592.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 398
I might argue that the new PF has sculpted chainmail showing where the gloves connect to the forearm, that's a detail (and a good one) that this LSF doesn't have. There are always more details to add, I find it very short sighted to claim the opposite, but whatever. Time will tell.

So, what? I never had the intention to buy, but I'm still a huge Doom fan and a statue collector, I think I have the right to express my opinion freely on a discussion board. I'm not preventing others from saying "it's huge! it's awesome!" even if to me it's a simplicistic and poor statement, but to each his own.

Oh, please!....rain down your wisdom upon us peasant folk with your big words and superior statue collecting intellect oh god of ours!

:moon

i would make it chrome!!!!

Doom isn't chrome.

Oh, please!....rain down your wisdom upon us peasant folk with your big words and superior statue collecting intellect oh god of ours!

:moon

Lol, what is this thread? The House of Hurt Sensibilities?
Seriously, I just mean what I write, which is "I don't prevent others to say X, even if to me it's simplicistic and poor". Sorry if in my view of things bigger is not necessarily better for a hundred of obvious and (to me) valid reasons... I think I have not been very in touch with my female ego recently.

that's not even a valid nit pick, your grasping. Two different versions of Doom, this one isn't meant to have any chainmail, yet the armor is more detailed on this one. I highly doubt another Doom will ever beat this one as a sculpt. The only way to match it is to have multiple switch out plates and a burned face underneath. This one has real metal parts too.

that's not even a valid nit pick, your grasping. Two different versions of Doom, this one isn't meant to have any chainmail, yet the armor is more detailed on this one. I highly doubt another Doom will ever beat this one as a sculpt. The only way to match it is to have multiple switch out plates and a burned face underneath. This one has real metal parts too.

Source of the metal parts? Because the Mark 7 LSF was supposed to have them too and I don't remember anyone able to point them out.

Honestly, I fail to see your point. You're arguing that some rivets and some ornaments on his armor make for an unbeatable sculpt (even if their execution, as far as paint app goes, is lacking), like it's a groundbreaking addition to Doom's design. On the subject, since someone pages back mentioned that the comic Doom design is not so intricate, let's enter Dell'Otto Doom:

tumblr_n1m6yymzNz1rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ngx6ujG2Vt1qeqrifo1_500.jpg

Imho, the margin for improvement on the SCULPT, is there. Not much, maybe, but it's there. It's always there. The margin for improvement on the paint app, the pose and the base is huge.

Per the SS site, " held fast and finished with ornate metallic clasps and chain". I'll agree that it is possible to improve on any comic character sculpt, and every SS piece could be improved upon in paint app, but I don't see this one being topped.

Holy crap he is huge! He makes LSF Wolverine look like a toddler. I am still futzing with the hood and cape. Be forewarned, the cape clasps are a nightmare. I will post pictures this weekend.

Source of the metal parts? Because the Mark 7 LSF was supposed to have them too and I don't remember anyone able to point them out.

Honestly, I fail to see your point. You're arguing that some rivets and some ornaments on his armor make for an unbeatable sculpt (even if their execution, as far as paint app goes, is lacking), like it's a groundbreaking addition to Doom's design. On the subject, since someone pages back mentioned that the comic Doom design is not so intricate, let's enter Dell'Otto Doom:

View attachment 165887

View attachment 165889

Imho, the margin for improvement on the SCULPT, is there. Not much, maybe, but it's there. It's always there. The margin for improvement on the paint app, the pose and the base is huge.
you're arguing with people who, if SS produced a statue of a literal piece of dog turd, would argue it's the most amazing dog turd they've ever seen and would swear it looks even better than real dog poop.

you're arguing with people who, if SS produced a statue of a literal piece of dog turd, would argue it's the most amazing dog turd they've ever seen and would swear it looks even better than real dog poop.

Lol that's possible on here haha
But I actually think this looks awesome and I'll have it delivered soon I hope.

Back